We had the dentist examine our 31 month old son's teeth this morning since I had an appointment with them anyway. To my great shock, he has two cavities in his cheeck teeth. The dentist says they will need to be filled but would like to wait awhile. We'll be more diligent about brushing his teeth going forward (We've been pretty relaxed about it) What else can we do to possibly reverse the damage or at least keep it from getting worse? Any advice or personal experience? Thanks!
- topicDentaltagged by mrstovar, 2/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pregnancy and Dental Work? Last post on 4/1/14 at 11:32am in Dental
- Preemie Teeth? Last post on 3/26/14 at 1:41pm in Dental
- Lip tie, decay, remineralizing & WAPF diet.....help! Last post on 2/20/14 at 9:44pm in Dental
- Coconut oil? Last post on 1/31/14 at 9:35pm in Dental
- Is there a way to remove dental sealants? Last post on 1/21/14 at 5:23pm in Dental
The Thinking Parent's Dilemma; or, Another Dentist Refuses to...
Last edited: 3/13/13
- Difficulties at the DentistLast edited: 3/14/13
- Difficulties at the Dentist
need advice please
There are great groups of yahoo and facebook on young kids teeth... I am part of very young kids teeth on yahoo. I highly recommend finding a few resources on how to stop or even heal cavities. Look into xyliyol candies. Three exposures a day greatly reduces cavities. Green Pastures butter oil and cod livery oil are great supplements. And cell salts. Those are probably the top three things I have read about.
Brushing really well twice a day and flossing once is really important. Salt water rinses after meals helps too. There is so much you can try.
Thanks! My son strongly resists brushing the last few days, so I've been rubbing xilotal toothpaste on his teeth, esp. the ones with cavities. At first I was very concerned about him getting diarrea from the xilotol but I'm not as concerned now. I didn't know that xilotal candy might be useful , I'll check into that. As well as the butter oil and the cell salts, etc. I sure hope we can prevent future problems, at least for a number of years!
We are very suspicious of flouride for a child so young, so we are not using flouride toothpaste on his teeth nor has he ever received flouride drops. Are we doing him a disservice?
- › White chunks in EBF baby poop? 6 minutes ago
- › Movement? 6 minutes ago
- › How to write a valedictory address for this situation? 7 minutes ago
- › CNN: US Autism Rate Surges--AGAIN 9 minutes ago
- › Body temperature all over the map 14 minutes ago
- › Christian mom April '14 17 minutes ago
- › Child who gets hives with every illness 30 minutes ago
- › Wednesday was stressful =( 36 minutes ago
- › The New And Improved Medical Cure For Hunger And Malnutrition 43 minutes ago
- › Weekly Thread April 14-20 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness