We had the dentist examine our 31 month old son's teeth this morning since I had an appointment with them anyway. To my great shock, he has two cavities in his cheeck teeth. The dentist says they will need to be filled but would like to wait awhile. We'll be more diligent about brushing his teeth going forward (We've been pretty relaxed about it) What else can we do to possibly reverse the damage or at least keep it from getting worse? Any advice or personal experience? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- 4 year old with cavity in back molar. no dental insurance. and they said he may need a stainless... Last post on Today at 5:59 am in Dental
- Are there good anti bacterial mouthwash? Last post on 5/16/13 at 1:40pm in Dental
- Root Canal on 7 year old..... Last post on Yesterday at 8:10 pm in Dental
- Please recommend snack ideas for a 3-year-old starting diet to remineralize! Last post on 5/13/13 at 8:00am in Dental
- Three year old with cavities! Last post on 5/3/13 at 12:48pm in Dental
The Thinking Parent's Dilemma; or, Another Dentist Refuses to...
Edited on 3/13/13
- Difficulties at the DentistEdited on 3/14/13
- Difficulties at the Dentist
need advice please
There are great groups of yahoo and facebook on young kids teeth... I am part of very young kids teeth on yahoo. I highly recommend finding a few resources on how to stop or even heal cavities. Look into xyliyol candies. Three exposures a day greatly reduces cavities. Green Pastures butter oil and cod livery oil are great supplements. And cell salts. Those are probably the top three things I have read about.
Brushing really well twice a day and flossing once is really important. Salt water rinses after meals helps too. There is so much you can try.
Thanks! My son strongly resists brushing the last few days, so I've been rubbing xilotal toothpaste on his teeth, esp. the ones with cavities. At first I was very concerned about him getting diarrea from the xilotol but I'm not as concerned now. I didn't know that xilotal candy might be useful , I'll check into that. As well as the butter oil and the cell salts, etc. I sure hope we can prevent future problems, at least for a number of years!
We are very suspicious of flouride for a child so young, so we are not using flouride toothpaste on his teeth nor has he ever received flouride drops. Are we doing him a disservice?
- need advice please
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 17th-May 23~ 1 minute ago
- › Big brother or sister gifts? 3 minutes ago
- › ~+~+~+~+~ May 2013 Chat *~*~*~*~* 5 minutes ago
- › Ipad for homeschooling 5 minutes ago
- › Spring IVF 2013 6 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 9 minutes ago
- › Here's something different: single dad 10 minutes ago
- › MSM Fox News Tells of Vaccine's Failure 12 minutes ago
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 13 minutes ago
- › Life w/PMDD/Severe PMS Support... 15 minutes ago
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11