or Connect
Mothering › Groups › August 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › ~*Weekly Chat Thread for Feb 8st - 14th*~

~*Weekly Chat Thread for Feb 8st - 14th*~

post #1 of 100
Thread Starter 

My kids have been so cranky I am letting them sleep in this morning. We will probably get Monkey to school late, or perhaps he will just miss a day.

 

I have got the idea in my head that next January would be a great time for a family trip to disney world. I may be insane. I think Iggy at 5 months would be easy and happy plopped in a high chair, carrier or stroller and it would be for Monkey's fifth birthday.

post #2 of 100

Leigh, I realized as DD grew that travelling with a smaller one was super easy! All ages have pros and cons for travelling but I also think a trip to disney would be fairly smooth with a 5 year old and a 5 month old :)

 

 

We're off to Calgary for the weekend tomorrow for my DP's aunt's 90th birthday. I've had such a busy and intense week that I'm looking forward to getting away and relaxing! My DD has been sick which isn't fun for anyone so I hope she rebounds and can enjoy the trip too! Lots of baby wiggles yesterday...I LOVE that feeling!!

post #3 of 100
Thread Starter 

There would be a two 3/4 year old in the middle too, but getting timing right for the baby is the most important in some ways. I love traveling with them before they learn they can move locations on their own.

post #4 of 100

Yes far easier before they get mobile!
 

post #5 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighPF View Post

There would be a two 3/4 year old in the middle too, but getting timing right for the baby is the most important in some ways. I love traveling with them before they learn they can move locations on their own.

And good to go before the middle sweetie turns 3!  Saves you $$

post #6 of 100

My grandmother passed away yesterday.  I have been very close to her, and lived with her for all my college years. "home" is 2500 miles away so I have an anxiety filled week.  I am flying home (I am NOT comfortable flying.) alone, then all the family drama and emotionally getting through the services, they have asked me to speak, then the flight home (2 plane changes). I'm still working on finding friends to help with my children while my husband works.  

 

I know my family REALLY wants me to be there, but I really wish I could just stay home. 

Anyway, tips for an anxious flyer, prayers, calming vibes, or just hugs are welcome. 

post #7 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmie0515 View Post

And good to go before the middle sweetie turns 3!  Saves you $$

 

My kids were "2" until they were 4.5 ROTFLMAO.gif

post #8 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmie0515 View Post

My grandmother passed away yesterday.  I have been very close to her, and lived with her for all my college years. "home" is 2500 miles away so I have an anxiety filled week.  I am flying home (I am NOT comfortable flying.) alone, then all the family drama and emotionally getting through the services, they have asked me to speak, then the flight home (2 plane changes). I'm still working on finding friends to help with my children while my husband works.  

 

I know my family REALLY wants me to be there, but I really wish I could just stay home. 

Anyway, tips for an anxious flyer, prayers, calming vibes, or just hugs are welcome. 

 

I'm so sorry for your loss. My grandmother passed when we were away at a children's hospital getting a new kind of surgery on my then 16 month old son. I flew home, even though the timing was pretty awful. I am glad that I did. It was really healing to be there with my family celebrating her life. I don't think I would have felt the same kind of peace had I not attended. 

post #9 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by askew View Post

 

My kids were "2" until they were 4.5 ROTFLMAO.gif

lol.gif  We are shorties here and we have used that to our advantage at the movie theater. bag.gif

Our friends recently went to Disney and had to show birth certificates for their kiddo's under 3.

post #10 of 100
I'm sorry Harmie, no advice, just ((hugs))
post #11 of 100
Harmie, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a rough time to get such bad news.
post #12 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmie0515 View Post

lol.gif  We are shorties here and we have used that to our advantage at the movie theater. bag.gif

Our friends recently went to Disney and had to show birth certificates for their kiddo's under 3.

 

World or Land? We are in CA and no one has ever questioned us. My dd is teeny tiny. She was a preemie, so at 3.5 she looks like a 2 year old. We went at Xmas and cruised right through with her in a stroller. My son was huge and could not get away with it for as long as our other family. Our nieces were teeny too and were never questioned at Disneyland. Maybe the FL one is more strict. 

post #13 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by askew View Post

 

World or Land? We are in CA and no one has ever questioned us. My dd is teeny tiny. She was a preemie, so at 3.5 she looks like a 2 year old. We went at Xmas and cruised right through with her in a stroller. My son was huge and could not get away with it for as long as our other family. Our nieces were teeny too and were never questioned at Disneyland. Maybe the FL one is more strict. 

Disney World.  :)  Her twins are not super big, but they are bigger than my kids.  I looked it up and they are supposed to take your word for it, my friend must have had a power hungry gate person.  It does recommend bringing birth certificates (or copies) in case.   My big OCD in this life is rule following (have to cross the street in the cross walk, follow the speed limit exactly, etc.) and it drives my husband CRAZY.  :)

post #14 of 100

I'm sorry for your loss Harmie.  Sounds very stressful. hug.gif

post #15 of 100
Sorry for your loss, Harmie. No advice, but lots of hugs.
post #16 of 100
I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother, harmie. ((Hugs))
post #17 of 100
Sorry to hear that, Harmie. ((Hug))
post #18 of 100

Hugs Harmie.  I loved my grandparents when they were around.  I miss writing them letters, which reminds me I need to write to dh's grandma.  Anyone is lucky to have them around for awhile.  Mine all passed away by the time I was in junior high.  Wow, more than 20 years ago.  Makes me want to get a dog I can take to old folks homes and just talk to the older generation.  They always have wonderful stories.

 

Well, we met with the doula yesterday.  We love her and even DD loved her.  She is wonderful.  She is the only one is town we found out because there really isn't a lot of demand for them.  She does about 3 births a year and only for $375 because she just loves to work with laboring women.  Though she has a lot on her calendar before and right after my due date so we are going to meet with one that is about an hour away.  She is just getting certified and might be free because she needs the experience under her belt.  Anyways, so we will meet with her and if I feel a really good vibe with her I might just go with her because I will know that she will be able to take me as a client.  The doula in town doesn't mind either way since this isn't her main source of income and the other lady needs the experience.  So, we'll see, I will need to contact the other soon.  Pretty exciting!!  I thought it was going to be more expensive and am glad having a doula at least in our area is going to be a little more doable with us trying to buy a house this year before the baby comes.

 

It's interesting though, I'm kind of worried.  I haven't been as hungry lately and my insulin intake is going lower and not higher.  I have been eating more fat though and less carbs. More closer to a paleo diet again.  My endo is trying to put me in the hospital though, I disregarded her suggestion about upping my insulin after drinking juice every couple hours because my blood sugar is going low all night long.  I'm thinking maybe what the Nutrition Response Testing Doc has me taking might be finally really helping me heal and allow my body to take over some of the insulin duties again and maybe my heavy metal load is getting lighter and therefore my body is healing more because of that as well.  I wish my body could tell me what's going on.  I'm happy even though I'm worried that I'm taking less insulin than I was in the beginning of this pregnancy.
 

post #19 of 100
Well, I had my NT scan yesterday. I think everything went well...just have to wait for the report. The tech was very very tight-lipped, as there was no doctor there that day and I guess she wasn't allowed to say anything. After a lot of prodding I did get a few stats: baby measured 12w 6d (right about where I thought I should be within a couple days), nuchal measurement 1.5. Baby was all snuggled up and resting with hands in front of her face. We got some very sweet pics.

DH, my mom, DD, and DS were there for the scan, and one thing that was clear to me is that I'm going to have to plan for some kind of care for DS at the birth. He's 5 and very high energy and self-focused. He kept asking a million questions and poking at my belly, talking to the tech, dancing around... DD (7) will be fine, but my son just has so much energy!!! Dd was 2 and very quiet and attentive at her brother's birth. I had assumed I would have them both there this time, but I guess it's good to have some advanced warning and be able to plan accordingly!
post #20 of 100
Cathy- isn't a good thing that your blood sugar is staying low? And it makes sense that if your diet is improving that it would the case. So isn't the need for less insulin a good sign?

Glad the doula meeting went well!

Sparkle- sounds as though you can be cautiously optimistic about that scan smile.gif
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › August 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › ~*Weekly Chat Thread for Feb 8st - 14th*~