or Connect
Mothering › Groups › August 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › ~*Weekly Chat Thread for Feb 8st - 14th*~

~*Weekly Chat Thread for Feb 8st - 14th*~ - Page 2

post #21 of 100

Cathy, sounds like you have some good doula options!  Hope things work out well with the other one too.

 

We are thinking of getting a postpartum doula this time, anyone here use one before?

 

songbird, it does sound like it was a good scan, I have had some techs willing to chat away about the results and others who refuse to say anything and only let the doctor discuss it.

post #22 of 100

Banana - I hope its just that its been about 6 months since I started Nutrition Response Testing and its actually starting to show results.  They say it takes 6 - 18 months.  I'm just worried because now my belly is smaller and lower.  No spotting or anything, but I think I will call in tomorrow and see if I can run in so they can get the heartbeat for me to so I'm not stressing out.  I need to go to town tomorrow anyway to get groceries.  I've lost some weight because I'm taking less insulin, which is good yes, but might be a sign something isn't right.  Though its mostly at night and especially at 4 am where you get a hormonal dump and maybe my hormones aren't as erratic.

 

 

Songbird - its good to know now that you might need to find someone for your DS.  I need to see how my DS feels about being at the birth or if he wants to stay with a friend or if he wants to go and then have an option to leave if we call a friend to pick him up.  He is going to be 7, but he might get bored fast or he will be a big help and the doula can tell him what he can do to help me while I'm in labor and keep our DD company.  We'll see.  It's something to think about.

 

I will let you all know if I get in tomorrow and hear the heartbeat.  My last miscarriage was at 14 weeks, but I was also an undiagnosed diabetic at the time so my blood sugar had been high the whole pregnancy.  So, that's why all the worry.  It's so close to when I had my last miscarriage and right after I've told everyone.  fingersx.gif that everything is ok and already got some chocolate to make myself feel better.  lol.gif  I told myself that if something is wrong tomorrow that I'm going to buy two kombuchas and some chocolate covered almonds to drown in my sorrow.  Hoping I have to wait until August to drink kombucha again.
 

post #23 of 100
Cathy- I hope all is well tomorrow and that your body is just rocking it! Maybe get yourself those almonds regardless wink1.gif
post #24 of 100

Cathy- I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping you hear those little beats! Why no Kombucha though? Is it a diabetic thing? No one ever told me to stay away from it while pregnant. 

post #25 of 100
Kombucha has a very slight alcohol content from the fermentation.
post #26 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post

Kombucha has a very slight alcohol content from the fermentation.

 

Aha, here in CA they have two different kinds. The black caps have alcohol and you have to show ID to buy them- and the white caps do not. Whole Foods only sells the white caps. It really floored me the first time I was carded buying Kombucha. I had not gotten the memo. lol 

post #27 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by askew View Post

Aha, here in CA they have two different kinds. The black caps have alcohol and you have to show ID to buy them- and the white caps do not. Whole Foods only sells the white caps. It really floored me the first time I was carded buying Kombucha. I had not gotten the memo. lol 

That makes it easy, doesn't it?

I make my own, and I was reading about different fermentation methods, and secondary fermentation, and different bacterial cultures, and how that affects the alcohol content. Meh, I just make it and what I get is what I get.

I've been too lazy and yucky to make it this far. But I think I'll probably pick it back up when the weather gets nicer. It's just not that much alcohol and Only drink a small glass a day. I'll take tinctures and eat sushi too.

I'm a bad pregnant lady wink1.gif
post #28 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post


That makes it easy, doesn't it?

I make my own, and I was reading about different fermentation methods, and secondary fermentation, and different bacterial cultures, and how that affects the alcohol content. Meh, I just make it and what I get is what I get.

I've been too lazy and yucky to make it this far. But I think I'll probably pick it back up when the weather gets nicer. It's just not that much alcohol and Only drink a small glass a day. I'll take tinctures and eat sushi too.

I'm a bad pregnant lady wink1.gif

 

Meh. I eat raw dairy, take tinctures, drink wine. I'm not a purist. Wine sounds awful to me until I am well into the second trimester, and by them I am having a small glass with dinner at a nice restaurant. My doc said totally fine. We do live in wine country though. wink1.gif  

post #29 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by askew View Post

Meh. I eat raw dairy, take tinctures, drink wine. I'm not a purist. Wine sounds awful to me until I am well into the second trimester, and by them I am having a small glass with dinner at a nice restaurant. My doc said totally fine. We do live in wine country though. wink1.gif
  

It's always nice to meet a fellow gestation rebel!
post #30 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by askew View Post

Cathy- I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping you hear those little beats! Why no Kombucha though? Is it a diabetic thing? No one ever told me to stay away from it while pregnant. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post

Kombucha has a very slight alcohol content from the fermentation.

I was wondering this, too, after Cathy's post. If you don't get carded, are you necessarily drinking an alcohol-free version? I'm kind of a rebel myself, but I just never even thought about that being a possibility. I liked it when I was first pregnant, but haven't had a taste for it (or hardly anything really) in weeks. Sigh.
post #31 of 100

From what my sister read from her kombucha book its because it is processed by the pancreas or something and isn't good for a growing baby, well, its not good when your nursing it said either and for children who are growing until they are 18.  I drink it about once a week when nursing and let my DS and DD have a few sips of it.  I think as long as its not all the time that its not a big deal.  With the regular kombucha I'm not worried about the alcohol content, its only .05%.  If I liked wine I would probably drink that once in awhile while pregnant.  I do eat a lot of homemade blue cheese dressing.  Yum!  If we lived in an area close to the sea you'd also see me eating sushi.  I'm too far out on land to even think about the sushi, but I did just tell dh a couple days ago I was thinking of getting on a plane to San Francisco to go to our favorite place there to have sushi.  lol  I might just get some kombucha anyway on Monday either way, sounds so yummy.
 

post #32 of 100
I am very much looking forward to my sushi dinner at my conference next week! Mmmmmm... There's a group of us that always finds sushi wherever we are, and this year will be no different. smile.gif
post #33 of 100
Oh, and my fingers and toes are crossed for you, Cathy...
post #34 of 100
Blah, 13 weeks yesterday and for the last couple days I have felt so sick at night! Get the memo body, first trimester is over. Where's my energy and sensual pregnancy glow?! :/
post #35 of 100

Cathy - praying everything is ok for you, but it sounds like you are taking great care of yourself and doing everything you can do.

mellybelly - praying for you too and that this is just a false alarm. Either way you will be a wonderful mama to this child.

 

I am 12.5 weeks and the nausea is about gone, yay! But I still am so tired. I could nap for hours if my children would let meeyesroll.gif and a busy day leaves me so drained. Usually I am over this by now, I don't know why it's hanging around so long. Hopefully my 2nd trimester energy surge will come soon.

 

I had to cancel my midwife appointment last week. We had a big unexpected car repair and couldn't afford to give them the deposit they needed. Going this week though, I need to see someone I am almost 13 weeks!

post #36 of 100

Hugs Harmie.  hug2.gif

post #37 of 100

Hugs Harmie ~~ Hope all is well Cathy!

post #38 of 100
Thread Starter 

14 weeks yesterday and my body celebrated by surprise feeling sick, getting me to spend the whole day in my PJs, afternoon headache induced nap and too ill in the evening to get up.

post #39 of 100
Jacksonmom- that wrap in your profile pic is gorgeous smile.gif
post #40 of 100

Harmie, I'm so sorry for your loss. ((Hugs))

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › August 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › ~*Weekly Chat Thread for Feb 8st - 14th*~