- topicVaccinationstagged by researchaddict, 2/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Measles outbreak on cruise ship Last post on Today at 12:21 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- "Vaccines are Safer than the Illnesses they Prevent" Last post on Today at 11:12 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Anyone have any ideas for my dilemma? Last post on Yesterday at 7:43 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- How the CDC (and Dorit Reiss) Hyped Risk of Childhood Hep B Infection by 50-Fold to Push Vaccines Last post on Today at 12:35 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Just walk away.... Last post on Yesterday at 10:03 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 12/26/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentLast edited: 3/8/13
was it right of doctors to do this??? want to know what you guys think.post #1 of 82/10/13 at 6:39pmThread StarterWhen i was in my 3rd trimester my ob practically forced me into the flue vax. This was before i had done any research about it. My doctor was pushing me into it i was very hessitant because the pregnancy had complications and heavy bleeding. Im a generally healthy person and haven't had the flue since i was a child and last time i got the flue shot as a preteen i was terribly ill and could not get out of bed comparable to menangits. I told her how sic it made me she kept denying it was possible and brought in another doctor to talk to me and repetativly explain how impossible it was i got sic from it and told me my baby could get the flu an die if i didn't get it how the flu is so terrible and how serious they were made me anxious. But what got me is when they said bb would have immunity. I feel terribly guilty my once lively bb barley moved for 2 weeks i was alarmed idk if it was the vax or a coincidence.also found out the brand contains thermosol and can cause inflammation up to %700! N increase complications i was already at risk luckily nothing happened! Can i call them and tell them how unhappy i am?post #2 of 82/10/13 at 8:24pmNo. That was not acceptable. Man, I wish it were me she had tried to bully, she would have gotten an earful!!
Well, that was a bad thing. Let good come out of it. Let no one ever talk you into doing something you are against again. And maybe consider not vaxing your LO?
As for calling them, I say do it. It might fall on deaf ears but what's the other alternative? Do nothing?post #3 of 82/10/13 at 11:10pmThread StarterYes a learning experience indeed i dont trust them afrer seeing how quickly their friendly faces could turn. I dont think they really care about their patients they didn't listen to me or even consider my fam history of reactions. And i think my LO may have suffered from it i should of walk out of there. i dont know if i can go to a dr again im afraid theyre al fakepost #4 of 82/11/13 at 5:01am
I would write them. I would be very specific about what you are disappointed in, and the results.
The two or 3 that bug me are:
1. you felt bullied into into it
2. she denied you had a reaction last time (how the heck would she know???)
3. She did not inform you that there was thimerosal in the vaccine or that a thimerosal free version existed.
Let her know that the whole thing left such a bad taste in your mouth that you are reconsidering vaccine over it. Maybe that will cause her to be a bit more respectful with the next pregnant women in front of her!post #5 of 82/11/13 at 11:50ampost #6 of 82/12/13 at 2:44pm
I would switch doctor's right away. That was so wrong.
I had a ped once try to bully me into vaxing my kids. She told me straight out that I was putting their lives in danger.
I never went back to her again.
Not sure when doctor's began thinking that its ok to act like God.
I hope your baby is ok. I heard they were going to try to force the flu shot on pregnant women so I warned all my friends. The whole situation makes me sick.post #7 of 82/12/13 at 3:58pmpost #8 of 82/12/13 at 4:47pmThread Starter
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 1 minute ago
- › anyone else LOVE Pregnancy and have amazing pregnancies? SHARE!!!! 7 minutes ago
- › considering Catholicism but family planning confusion - thoughts? 10 minutes ago
- › Finally decided 11 minutes ago
- › Measles in CA 14 minutes ago
- › How the CDC (and Dorit Reiss) Hyped Risk of Childhood Hep B... 15 minutes ago
- › "Here Comes the Judgment" 25 minutes ago
- › Measles outbreak on cruise ship 28 minutes ago
- › Parents of older preemies - how did it turn out? 34 minutes ago
- › Gestational Surrogacy 37 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher