- topicVaccinationstagged by researchaddict, 2/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- agianst vaccinations Last post on Yesterday at 7:26 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Declining the Hep B Vax Last post on Yesterday at 11:36 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- "There haven't been any studies that have proven vaccines cause autism" Last post on Yesterday at 1:32 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- When They Get Older Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:03pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- anecdote or primary research? Last post on 12/14/13 at 12:58pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentLast edited: 3/8/13
was it right of doctors to do this??? want to know what you guys think.post #1 of 82/10/13 at 6:39pmThread StarterWhen i was in my 3rd trimester my ob practically forced me into the flue vax. This was before i had done any research about it. My doctor was pushing me into it i was very hessitant because the pregnancy had complications and heavy bleeding. Im a generally healthy person and haven't had the flue since i was a child and last time i got the flue shot as a preteen i was terribly ill and could not get out of bed comparable to menangits. I told her how sic it made me she kept denying it was possible and brought in another doctor to talk to me and repetativly explain how impossible it was i got sic from it and told me my baby could get the flu an die if i didn't get it how the flu is so terrible and how serious they were made me anxious. But what got me is when they said bb would have immunity. I feel terribly guilty my once lively bb barley moved for 2 weeks i was alarmed idk if it was the vax or a coincidence.also found out the brand contains thermosol and can cause inflammation up to %700! N increase complications i was already at risk luckily nothing happened! Can i call them and tell them how unhappy i am?post #2 of 82/10/13 at 8:24pmNo. That was not acceptable. Man, I wish it were me she had tried to bully, she would have gotten an earful!!
Well, that was a bad thing. Let good come out of it. Let no one ever talk you into doing something you are against again. And maybe consider not vaxing your LO?
As for calling them, I say do it. It might fall on deaf ears but what's the other alternative? Do nothing?post #3 of 82/10/13 at 11:10pmThread StarterYes a learning experience indeed i dont trust them afrer seeing how quickly their friendly faces could turn. I dont think they really care about their patients they didn't listen to me or even consider my fam history of reactions. And i think my LO may have suffered from it i should of walk out of there. i dont know if i can go to a dr again im afraid theyre al fakepost #4 of 82/11/13 at 5:01am
I would write them. I would be very specific about what you are disappointed in, and the results.
The two or 3 that bug me are:
1. you felt bullied into into it
2. she denied you had a reaction last time (how the heck would she know???)
3. She did not inform you that there was thimerosal in the vaccine or that a thimerosal free version existed.
Let her know that the whole thing left such a bad taste in your mouth that you are reconsidering vaccine over it. Maybe that will cause her to be a bit more respectful with the next pregnant women in front of her!post #5 of 82/11/13 at 11:50ampost #6 of 82/12/13 at 2:44pm
I would switch doctor's right away. That was so wrong.
I had a ped once try to bully me into vaxing my kids. She told me straight out that I was putting their lives in danger.
I never went back to her again.
Not sure when doctor's began thinking that its ok to act like God.
I hope your baby is ok. I heard they were going to try to force the flu shot on pregnant women so I warned all my friends. The whole situation makes me sick.post #7 of 82/12/13 at 3:58pmpost #8 of 82/12/13 at 4:47pmThread Starter
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Vomit :( 4 minutes ago
- › Homeschool schedule, breaks, etc? 5 minutes ago
- › Any moms on IG?? 7 minutes ago
- › Becoming a midwife questions! 10 minutes ago
- › Baby girl name poll 11 minutes ago
- › Who's wearing maternity clothes? 12 minutes ago
- › December Chat 14 minutes ago
- › Possibly a stupid question from a newbie about cloth stash 21 minutes ago
- › Anyone else not want to see a doctor at all during the first... 25 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh