- 16 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Anti-vax/delayed vax friendly dr near Schenectady NY Last post on Yesterday at 1:01 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- 4 mo old has cough... Can't get pertussis off my mind! Last post on Yesterday at 1:18 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- do i need an exemption if homeschooling? Last post on Yesterday at 9:08 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- DH has shingles.... how to prepare for chicken pox? Last post on 5/22/13 at 11:04am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- MSM Fox News Tells of Vaccine's Failure Last post on 5/20/13 at 6:42pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
Edited on 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesEdited on 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsEdited on 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentEdited on 3/8/13
- The Right to RefuseEdited on 3/20/13
was it right of doctors to do this??? want to know what you guys think.post #1 of 82/10/13 at 6:39pmThread StarterWhen i was in my 3rd trimester my ob practically forced me into the flue vax. This was before i had done any research about it. My doctor was pushing me into it i was very hessitant because the pregnancy had complications and heavy bleeding. Im a generally healthy person and haven't had the flue since i was a child and last time i got the flue shot as a preteen i was terribly ill and could not get out of bed comparable to menangits. I told her how sic it made me she kept denying it was possible and brought in another doctor to talk to me and repetativly explain how impossible it was i got sic from it and told me my baby could get the flu an die if i didn't get it how the flu is so terrible and how serious they were made me anxious. But what got me is when they said bb would have immunity. I feel terribly guilty my once lively bb barley moved for 2 weeks i was alarmed idk if it was the vax or a coincidence.also found out the brand contains thermosol and can cause inflammation up to %700! N increase complications i was already at risk luckily nothing happened! Can i call them and tell them how unhappy i am?post #2 of 82/10/13 at 8:24pmNo. That was not acceptable. Man, I wish it were me she had tried to bully, she would have gotten an earful!!
Well, that was a bad thing. Let good come out of it. Let no one ever talk you into doing something you are against again. And maybe consider not vaxing your LO?
As for calling them, I say do it. It might fall on deaf ears but what's the other alternative? Do nothing?post #3 of 82/10/13 at 11:10pmThread StarterYes a learning experience indeed i dont trust them afrer seeing how quickly their friendly faces could turn. I dont think they really care about their patients they didn't listen to me or even consider my fam history of reactions. And i think my LO may have suffered from it i should of walk out of there. i dont know if i can go to a dr again im afraid theyre al fakepost #4 of 82/11/13 at 5:01am
I would write them. I would be very specific about what you are disappointed in, and the results.
The two or 3 that bug me are:
1. you felt bullied into into it
2. she denied you had a reaction last time (how the heck would she know???)
3. She did not inform you that there was thimerosal in the vaccine or that a thimerosal free version existed.
Let her know that the whole thing left such a bad taste in your mouth that you are reconsidering vaccine over it. Maybe that will cause her to be a bit more respectful with the next pregnant women in front of her!post #5 of 82/11/13 at 11:50ampost #6 of 82/12/13 at 2:44pm
I would switch doctor's right away. That was so wrong.
I had a ped once try to bully me into vaxing my kids. She told me straight out that I was putting their lives in danger.
I never went back to her again.
Not sure when doctor's began thinking that its ok to act like God.
I hope your baby is ok. I heard they were going to try to force the flu shot on pregnant women so I warned all my friends. The whole situation makes me sick.post #7 of 82/12/13 at 3:58pmpost #8 of 82/12/13 at 4:47pmThread Starter
- was it right of doctors to do this??? want to know what you guys think.
- Resources for Non-vaccinating Families
- › The loss of affection 52 seconds ago
- › Crunchy Christian mamas '13 7 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 9 minutes ago
- › Let's have some introductions! 10 minutes ago
- › ~*~October ddc Belly Thread~*~ 10 minutes ago
- › Constipated and Fed up 11 minutes ago
- › How are you feeling? 11 minutes ago
- › Vaccine Injury Anecdotes are No Joke 15 minutes ago
- › cute. the way my 3 year thinks. 19 minutes ago
- › Insurance for Exising Pregnancy 19 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf