Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
Earth Mama Angel Baby Labor Ease Massage Oil 30 ml oilNo reviews yet.
- productBirth Arts International Programstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicBirth Preparationtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicBirth Storiestagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productEarth Mama Angel Baby Labor Ease Massage Oil 30 ml oiltagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productThe Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- In Labor or Warming up for Labor Thread... Last post on 8/4/13 at 5:34am in July 2013 Due Date Club
- Very confused, angry, and have a lot of questions about my birth experience Last post on 2/10/14 at 8:46pm in Birth Stories
- Brown spotting right before AF due - 3w5d preg Last post on 5/25/11 at 8:14am in I'm Pregnant
- Poll: For your first birth...how long did you push? Last post on 2/16/14 at 7:19am in Birth and Beyond
- Birth Plans Last post on 9/30/13 at 12:59pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
Emotional Prep For Birth: Letting Go
Last edited: 1/24/14
- The Lies We Live WithLast edited: 1/22/14
- The First Birth Matters (More Than You Think)Last edited: 12/6/13
- The Lifelong Power of Birth ImprintsLast edited: 9/9/13
- Why It Was So Hard to Say Goodbye to My MidwifeLast edited: 9/5/13
The 'I'M/SHE'S IN LABOR!!!!!!!!!!' Thread - Page 32post #621 of 7943/24/13 at 4:42ampost #622 of 7943/24/13 at 5:32ampost #623 of 7943/24/13 at 6:19am
So... uh... opinions, ladies!!!
I had pretty consistent and intense contractions and cramping all last night. Lots of back labor, oh fun! ;) They were definitely strong, but not something that I haven't experienced before with my crazy contractions.
However, then this morning I got up to go to the bathroom and just before I got there felt a distinct little gush of fluid in my undies. Not enough to soak through my pants and drench my socks, but a definite "oh, woah" moment. I sat down on the toilet and wiped away some clear mucus and a bunch of yellowish-clear watery discharge. It wasn't (and isn't) gushing/pouring out, but it is still steadily dripping, and was enough to trickle down my leg when I stood up to pull my pants up. (Don't you love my wealth of detail here??? LOL!)
Now, for the past several weeks I have had tons of discharge, much of it watery, often enough to soak through undies but never enough to actually trickle down my leg! I've been doing EPO vaginally for the last few weeks and have definitely noticed that it seems to increase the watery discharge, and since this is very very faintly yellowish I'm wondering if it's just that. However, this was at 7am, a good 9 1/2 hours after I put my EPO capsule in for the night, and although I'd had a good amount of the EPO discharge at the beginning of the night I hadn't had as much in the past few hours. Definitely not a gush like this!
Oh, and it's definitely not urine.
So my question is.... I know there have been several ladies on here recently who thought their water was broken but wasn't. I hesitate to rush into the hospital only to be told it's not my water, esp since I HAVE had so much watery discharge lately and my OB confirmed last week that it wasn't my water. I also don't want to rush into the hospital to find I'm not dilated any further. On the other hand, I AM GBS+ so I don't want to wait forever if it does turn out to be a leak. For now I've put in a pad and plan to see how quickly it does or doesn't fill, and I'll see if the contractions stay the same/get worse/etc.
Anyway, what would you do?post #624 of 7943/24/13 at 6:43ampost #625 of 7943/24/13 at 6:56am
So, to add more mystery to all of this, now some of this seems to be kind of watered-down bloody show??? LOL. Like, sticky mucus and then also some watered-down pinkish blood. Not sure if it's bloody show mixing with discharge, or bloody show mixing with a fluid leak, or what! I laid down to do the "pooling test" and didn't have a big gush when I got back up after 30 minutes, so I think for now I'm guessing it's probably not my water. I'm going to watch it over the next hour or two and see what it does, and if it keeps up I'll probably go in just to make sure. I'm still contracting and cramping pretty strongly, but don't really trust that since it happens ALLLLL the time. One way or another though... I'm starting to be hopeful that this could be the start of something!!! HERE'S HOPING.post #626 of 7943/24/13 at 6:59ampost #627 of 7943/24/13 at 7:12am
Yeah WMM - DEFINITELY not urine. For one thing, ever since baby dropped a little over a month ago I have rather the, er, opposite problem when it comes to my bladder, lol. (She likes to sit on it and squish it which makes it very hard to empty it!) And it was a distinct "oh wow, a minute ago there wasn't anything in my vagina and now there's a ton of fluid," if that makes any sense.
Just checked again, whatever else it is or isn't it's DEFINITELY bloody show. Still a bit watered-down but bright reddish blood, a pretty good amount too! And not just blood-tinged mucus! Just going to keep an eye on it all for a bit, but I think we'll probably be packing the last-minute things in our hospital bag just in case... one way or another it looks like something might be happening in the next day or two! I'm crossing my fingers so hard that this is the answer to my "please let us avoid the induction Tuesday" prayers!
ETA - I'd say the contractions and cramping have gotten steadily stronger through the night for the most part. However, that actually happens to me a lot (periods where they will get more intense over time) so I'm not banking on it yet.post #628 of 7943/24/13 at 7:36amThread Starterpost #629 of 7943/24/13 at 7:40amThread Starterpost #630 of 7943/24/13 at 8:51ampost #631 of 7943/24/13 at 8:55ampost #632 of 7943/24/13 at 9:00am
Meggsy - it's not really bright red... it's more like a pinkish/light red because it's kind of watery. I'm definitely planning to get in touch with my OB or go get checked at the hospital in a bit, though. I've definitely read descriptions of show that are like this, which is why I'm not too worried... from what I understand it is (hopefully!!!) a sign of dilation, as the capillaries burst as the cervix opens. For the moment, though, since I am still pretty sick and feeling really lousy this morning (LOL) I'm going to try to take a little nap and shower and then see where things stand. Tentatively excited/hopeful, though! I'm hoping this means if not today then probably tomorrow... :)
ETA - I think the time when you're supposed to be concerned if it's a copious amount of bright red, straight blood, because that could be something else. The way it is though it def seems to be mixing with whatever the watery stuff is (discharge or a small fluid leak) which does make me think it's coming from my cervix.post #633 of 7943/24/13 at 9:04ampost #634 of 7943/24/13 at 11:05am
Phew - sorry to be alarmist. Lord knows I have had my fair share of fear mongering lately - it seems everyone has been dying to tell me their horror birth story or how insanely colicky their baby was, etc... Maybe I am just getting paranoid from all the crazy stuff people are telling me!
I hope it indeed comes for you soon!post #635 of 7943/24/13 at 11:59am
Oh gosh, Meggsy, I totally get that! I hate when people do that.
So, things are still the same. Still contracting pretty strongly and still losing lots of watery blood & mucus (the mucus is increasing) - it's been going on for 5 hours now and is like a light period, I've already filled a pad already! It's so weird. I finally called the answer line at my OB and the nurse there said she thinks it sounds like my water broke and I should go to L&D to get checked out, but I'm still not convinced it's my water breaking... I guess we'll see! I don't feel a particular sense of urgency or like anything is wrong, so I sent my husband off to church and we'll go when he's done with that unless things change in the meantime. I'm contracting strongly & uncomfortably but I don't know, I don't FEEL like I'm necessarily "in labor." Then again, it's also pretty safe to say I probably wouldn't recognize labor if it bit me in the butt at this point because of all the weird contraction stuff I've had going on for the last few months. Mostly I think I'm just feeling grumpy and disinclined to go sit around in triage and explain things to nurses, LOL, since I am sick and my throat is killing me! So anyway, I'll keep you ladies posted. For those of you who had bloody show during or just before labor that was more than just bloodstained mucus - how long did that last? Both my doula and the nurse on the answering line said that they'd never heard of anybody having bloody show that kept going for 5 hours before...post #636 of 7943/24/13 at 12:33pmpost #637 of 7943/24/13 at 12:45pm
Thanks spughy! That's kind of what I've been thinking. What color was yours? Was it just mucus or more blood than mucus, or what? Like I said above, mine feels like a light period, consistent and drippy (bleh, lol). In fact, between that and the cramps that are accompanying my contractions today, I sort of just feel like I just started my period!post #638 of 7943/24/13 at 12:49pmMy sixth sense seems to be spot on with you, cindy . I just posted in another thread that i sense strongly you'll have your baby soon and then i read the updates here which are definitely pointing towards impending labor!! . I know it can be hard to identify it yourself, especially with all the contractions you've been having, but that gush of liquid with a bunch of bloody show are HUGE signs that it will be very soon, more than likely today! I am happy for you and also envious lol. Btw, i've also heard that bloody show can last for hours.
Now why cant i use my awesome skills with myself?? I think i get my hopes up without using my extrasensory perception. Silly me. Seeing this is helping me see that my original prediction of the 27th is something i sensed, so i'm sticking with that.post #639 of 7943/24/13 at 12:59pmpost #640 of 7943/24/13 at 1:02pm
- The Lies We Live With
- › Winter just won't let up! Grrrr! 2 minutes ago
- › What's your friendship situation like? 9 minutes ago
- › How to wash children's head while he hates this to say the least? 17 minutes ago
- › Goodbye for me. 19 minutes ago
- › Foreskin forcibly retracted 50 minutes ago
- › Bizarre question: gifted 4yo and potty training 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Silly things you've been told about breastfeeding? 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Gestational Diabetes Support Group 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Fruit makes me gag 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Unplanned UBAC waterbirth, painless. *pics* 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild