Hello . Im New Here , Ok Let Me Get Straiqht To My Question. Ive Been Readinq Up ON Vitex. I Have a Couple Questions That i Want To Ask People Who Actually Used Vitex For Fertility Or Ovulation And Got Pregnant Or That It Helped. A Little about Me. Im 19 Found Out I Was Suffering From PCOS At 16. Now Me Nd My DH Are TTC Number One . Been Trying For Almost A Year Now = ( Nothinq But BFN . Think Im Not Ovulating. So I Was Lookinq Up Things That Could Help Me At This Age Since Im 19. Came Across Vitex . I Want To Hear Success Stories. Can I take It at my age? Do I Start Taking It As Soon As I Buy It? What Dosage To Take? How Many Times A Day? And Any Other Info You Think I should Know. Thanks Ladies
Mothering Top Picks
- topicMothering Help
Related Forum Threads
- Kudos, Thumbs-up, or...? Last post on Today at 6:32 pm in Site help and feedback
- Thumbs Up and Reputation: What's it all about? Last post on Today at 1:31 pm in Site help and feedback
- Minor question - paragraph breaks Last post on Yesterday at 7:13 am in Site help and feedback
- Co-op archives Last post on 6/15/13 at 3:05am in Site help and feedback
Support Ribbons - What do they all mean?
Edited on 3/21/13
- Mothering Member BenefitsEdited on 3/1/13
- Why Join Mothering?
Vitex For Fertility ?post #1 of 52/12/13 at 3:15pmThread StarterSponsored Linkspost #2 of 52/19/13 at 4:28pm
I'm not sure if Vitex will help ovulation, but it does help balance your hormones, so may in turn help ovulation. I'm 20 and have taken it with no problems, I'm not sure it has anything to do with age. There are several "suggestions" from different sources for taking it. Some say from CD1 until O, others say from CD1 until AF, others still say CD1 through the first trimester... It's up to you to do the research and decide what you feel comfortable with. As for dosage, that should be included with the bottle, but I believe it's something like two capsules a day.post #3 of 52/22/13 at 11:28am
I am not sure I can provide so much information. But I know it helps balance and regularise the entire reproductive hormonal system which should in turn help with the ovulation. I think you can start taking it immediately you buy it, I started mine the same day I bought it.
As for the dosage, it should be on the bottle. Mine is just once a day.
I have a similar challenge as yours, so wishing you the best.
I hope that I would also conceive soon.post #4 of 52/22/13 at 4:35pmpost #5 of 52/22/13 at 7:37pmHave you been to your gyno? Most gynos would probably have good advice for you if the vitex does not end up working for whatever reason, since you have been trying for a year with no luck. I'm a huge advocate for vitex thus far! Have you tried any ovulation predictor kits at home? Buy some wondfo brand ones from amazon to see if ovulation is the issue- if it is then definitely try the vitex! It helped me.
- Mothering Member Benefits
- › Thoughts on my situation please ! 1 minute ago
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 1 minute ago
- › Queer Conceptions: June 2013 3 minutes ago
- › When your difficult child wears you out 3 minutes ago
- › Braxton Hicks 6 minutes ago
- › Belly shots 7 minutes ago
- › Having a biological child after adoption 9 minutes ago
- › should i get this root canal? 9 minutes ago
- › new to natural living 11 minutes ago
- › In Labor or Warming up for Labor Thread... 12 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › zoe organics Gentle Hair & Body Wash by fayebond
- › Lafe's Organic Foaming Baby Shampoo and Wash, 12 oz by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama