Edited by Morgan Mareglia - 4/11/13 at 11:28am
Well, honestly, I know of a VBAC in the last week where UofM put pit on a uterus with two cesarean scars on it and caused a complete rupture, and the baby's brain function is in question. So, I'm not thrilled with their VBAC policy at the moment.
and I have a client who had a three week long nightmare at HFWB in the last month, not holding her newborn twins for 11 days, because of a complete lack of urgency on the part of the providers at the hospital. Sooo... whereas I used to say that either was a great choice, this week, I'm not feeling either one of them. At all.
I voted other...I had an HBAC in November 2013 for baby 2. I was nervous about it, but I'm so glad we went the route we did. We were so well supported through labor and birth and in the days immediately following. In case you're interested and live close enough, we used Kate Mazzara (http://www.mazzaramidwifery.com/index.php/meet-kate) out of Howell (she has (I think) a 70 mile radius). She's great and we also really like Connie who works with her, too. Good Luck!
Ok now I'm super stressed out about this. I have no idea where to have this baby. I'm so nervous to have it at home. Does anyone have some resources that helped them make a decision to have an HBAC? I also called The Farm in TN but I'm nervous about that too. I have to stop stressing out so much.
Chiming in to say that I'm a patient of Dr. Jones out of IHA Canton OB/GYN and will deliver at St. Josephs in Ypsi. I wasn't sure if I wanted to try VBAC or just schedule a c-section, and Dr. Jones has been very encouraging for me to try VBAC. Her attitude is so different from my last OB. She felt confident that I was a very good candidate for it, since my daughter was born via c-section due to breech. I'm not due til January, so I can't speak to any actual birth experience in the hospital, but I am hopefully optimistic.