I have a friend who is, for the most part, against vaccines but has caved in on a few and always worries about what to say to family that questions her choices. One of the things she feels strongly about is the vaccines that contain cells of aborted fetuses but is unsure of which ones contain them or what words are used on the ingredient label to indicate this. My personal research on the matter was three years ago and I honestly don't recall all the details and was hoping someone here may have a fast answer for me off the top of their head. I think it's the chicken pox and the MMR that contain them? Is that all? And is there something on the ingredient label to indicate this?
- topicVaccinationstagged by orthodoxmom, 2/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Chicken Pox - My son has been excused from school Last post on Yesterday at 11:58 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Chicken Pox Immunity Network on Facebook Nationwide if you are wanting to avoid the vaccination Last post on Yesterday at 9:50 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- [Deleted] Last post on 12/1/13 at 4:09pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Non vaxer contemplating vaccination Last post on 12/3/13 at 5:14pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- When to give sodium asorbate Last post on 11/30/13 at 3:45pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentLast edited: 3/8/13
Vaccines that contain aborted fetuses...which ones?post #1 of 122/16/13 at 11:00amThread Starterpost #2 of 122/16/13 at 11:04ampost #3 of 122/16/13 at 12:16pmThread Starterpost #5 of 122/17/13 at 11:36amThread Starterpost #6 of 122/17/13 at 11:49ampost #7 of 122/17/13 at 12:38pmpost #8 of 122/17/13 at 2:40pm
I think whether or not your friend might be bothered by the issue comes down to what her objections are.
I do not think there are aborted baby parts in vaccines.
Some vaccines are grown in cultures/cell lines from aborted fetuses. The wording gets tricky, but here is a mainstream article on the whole thing:
I do not know if there is DNA or other residue from the aborted fetuses in the vaccine. Anyone know?
I have a problem with vaccines being made from cell lines from aborted fetuses as I have ethical concerns with using aborted fetuses for medical purposes. I would still not be Ok with the fact aborted fetuses were used even if no traces of fetus at all were present in vaccines.
I thought this was an interesting website from a Prolife POV:
Some of the graphics on the above site are unpleasant, however there are some good articles and it does list which vaccine might have been grown in aborted fetus cultures - and what it considers ethical alternatives. Hep. A., for example, has a vaccine that uses aborted fetal cells, and a vaccine that does not.post #9 of 122/17/13 at 5:21pm
I have removed a couple of posts and will post a reminder of the UA for this forum. WK, I think maybe you haven't been posting since we updated the guidelines but the INV forum is for those not vaccination or seriously considering not vaccination. Please be respectful of the UA of the INV forum:Quote:I'm Not Vaccinating - This is a support-only forum for those not or those seriously considering not vaccinating. Here we host discussion of issues that arise when choosing to not vaccinate and sharing of resources and information that are related to the no-vax decision. Members who are vaccinating should not post here to debate or argue accuracy or opinion of things posted.post #10 of 122/17/13 at 5:47pm
Here is an archived thread on the vaccines which contain HUMAN DIPLOID CELLS (from aborted fetuses) dated 8/14/07
Varivax (CP) - Merck & Co.
Varilrix (CP) - GSK
Vaqta (Hep A) - Merck & Co.
Havrix (Hep A) - GSK
Avaxim (Hep A) - Sanofi
Epaxal (Hep A) - Berna
Twinrix (Hep A & B) - GSK
Vivaxim (Hep A & Typhoid) - Sanofi
MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) - Merck & Co.
Priorix (measles, mumps, rubella) - Sanofi
MR VAX (measles, rubella) - Merck & Co.
Eolarix (measles, rubella) - GSK
Biavax II (mumps, rubella) - Merck & Co.
Meruvax II (Rubella) - Merck & Co.
ProQuad/MMR-V (MMR + chickenpox) - Merck & Co.
Poliovax - Sanofi Pasteur
DT Polio Adsorb. - Sanofi Pasteur
Pentacel (Polio Combination - DTaP + polio+ HiB) - Sanofi Pasteur
Infanrix (Polio Combination - DTaP + polio+ HiB) - Sanofi Pasteur
Quadracel (Polio Combination - DTaP + polio+ HiB) - Sanofi Pasteur
Imovax (Rabies) - Sanofi Pasteur
Enbrel (rheumatoid/OsteoArthritis) - Amgen
Xigris (Sepsis) - Eli Lilly
Zostavax (Shingles) - Merck & Co.
Acambis 1000 (Smallpox) - Acambis
and, still in development:
MRKAd5HIV-1 (HIV) - Merck & Co.
As-yet-unnamed vaxes for Ebola (mfrd by Crucell/NIH), Flu (MedImmune Vaxin), and Avian Flu (Sanofi)
Full (printable) chart & more info at:
More info on how these fetal cell lines were procuredpost #11 of 122/17/13 at 8:23pmpost #12 of 122/17/13 at 9:31pm
The chickenpox contains MRC-5 cells (aborted fetus cells) including DNA and protein . . I think a few others do as well like the rubella, but I may be wrong. Here's a link to the chickenpox vaccine insert!: http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/v/varivax/varivax_pi.pdfQuote:The product also contains residual components of MRC-5 cells including DNA and protein
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › 2 year old - Obsessed with Books, but something changed... 1 minute ago
- › Toddler not interested in Rote memorization 1 minute ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 1 minute ago
- › December chat thread! 16 minutes ago
- › Away-from-home high school options: input please? 17 minutes ago
- › December Unschooling Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Plus Size and Pregnant 23 minutes ago
- › Healing After Birth 25 minutes ago
- › Keeping up supply while pregnant? 25 minutes ago
- › who's had a successful homebirth with mono di twins 51 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo