or Connect
Mothering › Groups › September 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Couldn't get HB at 10w3d, would you still announce?

Couldn't get HB at 10w3d, would you still announce?

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 

We couldn't hear the heartbeat last week and are going to try again this week. We had planned to announce my pregnancy at church tomorrow but I'm wondering if I should wait. I realize we may not hear it this week, either. Midwives aren't worried at all, and I'm trying not too! I'm overweight so that can play in, plus the position of the uterus.

 

I lean toward still announcing because I'm starting to look pregnant. Dunno! I'm 11 weeks tomorrow.

post #2 of 5
I'm in the same sort of boat. I was planning to announce tomorrow at a gathering since ill be 13 wks on Tuesday. I thought by now I would have heard the heartbeat on the Doppler when the party was planned a few weeks ago. I went in to see my midwife last Tuesday at exactly 12 wks and we could not find it. I am very thin so my midwife was extremely hopeful but since My uterus us still under my pubic bone she could not get a good position. It does have me worried a bit though and I am thinking of holding off on the announcement until I know for sure everything is ok. I just want to know for myself before I tell everyone greensad.gif
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 

You're on your third too...congrats ;).

 

My mw had commented to me about a tipped uterus, which I know plays in. I am leaning toward announcing since even if we don't hear it this week still, I don't think I'd go in for an u/s just yet...we'd just wait till my next appt in 3.5 weeks. And, there's no way I'm waiting till that next appt to announce...so in the end there isn't much difference in this week or next which is when we'd announce if I don't tomorrow...such decisions LOL.

post #4 of 5
I am temped to go for it as well!! I think I might just tell our close friends at the party and ask them to keep it quiet. smile.gif
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 

Well, we told and put it on FB for other friends. Hopefully I don't regret it! I actually would not be surprised if we can't hear the heartbeat this week either. If not, we'll just wait till our next appt at 14 weeks.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: September 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › September 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Couldn't get HB at 10w3d, would you still announce?