MP, I wish you all the luck and ELV I can muster. And I am a little jealous...but hey, here's to hoping for healthy, happy babies whenever they come!
Related Forum Threads
- One of those days... Last post on 6/6/13 at 11:04am in I'm Pregnant
- 4 & 1/2 weeks bloated Last post on 6/10/13 at 9:16am in I'm Pregnant
- Anyone still pregnant after losing symptoms around 5 weeks? Last post on 6/7/13 at 9:06pm in I'm Pregnant
- Please participate in our Lesbian Pregnancy study! Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:36pm in Queer Parenting
- Is water ok before 3hr glucose test for GD? Last post on 6/7/13 at 2:09pm in I'm Pregnant
Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a Guide to Four Great...
Edited on 6/17/13
- Taking Care of Yourself After Baby: There is No Such Thing as NormalEdited on 6/5/13
- Single Motherhood by Choice: Going it SoloEdited on 5/29/13
- Join a Due Date Club!Edited on 6/6/13
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateEdited on 2/1/13
Starting to feel Birthy... - Page 7Sponsored Linkspost #122 of 3773/4/13 at 10:43pmpost #123 of 3773/4/13 at 10:44pmMP--i dont see it as giving up, more like doing whats best, for mental and practical reasons. I'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of ELVs!
AFM--had some strong contractions while watching The Hobbit a little while ago (great movie btw). The kind that made my eyes widen a bit. Very few since then, though, blah. I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow so i'm a little surprised how much things have picked up, but i just tell myself this could go on for a few more weeks so indont get my hopes up too high.post #124 of 3773/5/13 at 2:02amQuote:
Exactly that MPsSweetie, best of luck to you
Any progress raingardenmama? Hard to start and stop.post #125 of 3773/5/13 at 6:05amQuote:
I'm feeling birthy, but that's nothing new. Ctx every 3-4 since last Wednesday, with no progress past 3cm. My last two deliveries were so fast my dr missed them, so tomorrow she is breaking my water and staying by my side.
On one hand I am so excited and completely done with this pregnancy, my depression is terrible.
On the other hand in so disappointed in myself for giving in :/.
I will be 39+4 tomorrow and none of my other pregnancies have lasted this long.
I don`t think that`s "giving in" but going along with what you feel is best for you!
RainGardenMama: I couldn`t help but giggle at the thought of a very pregnant mama lying down on her office floor! You do have very good coworkers!!!post #126 of 3773/5/13 at 6:15am
I will be 39 weeks tomorrow but have my MW appt today. I am soooo tempted to ask for a sweep. I know this practice doesn't like to do them until 40 weeks, and I know there are some risks and that I "should" be patient, but like I said I am really considering it and letting go of guilt...just to see if I can get some relief. UGH!! but I know it isn't natural and that the body isn't good at being pushed into things it isn't ready for. I know all of that and yet I don't want to care about what I know. I want relief. OOOO, that doesn't sound brilliant does it? will I regret it if I can convince them to do it? If it gets things going I really don't think I'll regret it.post #127 of 3773/5/13 at 7:17ampost #128 of 3773/5/13 at 7:23ampost #129 of 3773/5/13 at 7:27amWriter- can't hurt to ask and if your MWs are anything like mine they won't hesitate to tell you if they think it's a bad idea.
Sunshine- just before 38 weeks for me was when I started to feel contractions that were of a much different intensity and quality than my usual BHs, so exciting!!!
Thanks for thinking of me ladies! That made me smile
I kept contracting, but there was no pattern, lots more crampiness last night and moved more of my mucus plug, some tinged with blood which got me REALLY excited!!
Alas, I know losing the MP doesn't "mean" anything, but I suppose in combination with my intense contractions it could.... Also the frequent loose stools seemed quite exciting.
I'd love to get very quiet and listen to my body, I have a feeling if I listen I will understand what is going on.post #130 of 3773/5/13 at 7:28ampost #131 of 3773/5/13 at 8:54ampost #132 of 3773/5/13 at 11:56am
All of you sound like your bodies are moving forward, even if they haven't moved quite as far or as fast as you would like! It's so exciting to read about, and know my turn is coming. Even if it turns out to be frustrating, I'm amazed that this baby will be born within the next ~5 weeks. Good luck to all of you!!post #133 of 3773/5/13 at 7:04pm
Writermama - I am going to get my MW to check me at my appt on Thurs and if things are looking slightly promising, ask the acupuncturist I'm seeing right after to hit the induction spots as well as the cervical ripening bits. (I'll be 38+1) It would be just SO convenient to have the baby this weekend, is all. And next week I probably wouldn't be above asking for a sweep if it's warranted, either - except that my doula's unavailable most of that following weekend and I don't want to go into labour without her! So it's this weekend, or wait til the due date...post #134 of 3773/5/13 at 9:12pmI think i'm starting to lose my mucus plug! When i went to the bathroom a little while ago, there was thick, sticky mucus that was orange and tan in color. I was like "what the?!!" when i first saw it and then i smiled when i realized its probably part of my mucus plug. I just wish this was a definite of labor happening soon but i know its not. It still made me happy thoughpost #135 of 3773/6/13 at 12:01am
Well, I decided NOT to ask MW for a sweep as I felt really guilty about it and decided to cry all the way there instead. MW then offered to do one while I was there and in the moment I said, "absolutely!" But really, because my cervix was long and posterior, I think it hurt more and probably didn't do much if anything to help. I've been crampy all night with NO BLOOD at all!! She told me I'd get at least some, but nada. Can't believe it! My cervix just won't budge.post #136 of 3773/6/13 at 6:35am
Yeah Sunshine! Maybe we can have these babies at the same time!
Writer: I'm sorry you are still feeling stuck. It will happen soon!
I'm heading to the OB tomorrow and as of right now planning to NOT allow a cervical check. I just don't feel like anything is happening yet.
Let's use the waiting to enjoy the last days (or hours!) of pregnancy.post #137 of 3773/6/13 at 7:20amThread Starter
Sunshine, any kind of sign is a good sign!! Even though it doesn't give you a countdown, it at least lets you know your body is doing something!
writermama, I'm sorry your body is not cooperating. I completely understand how frustrating it is, but the good thing is that your cervix could do a total 360 in a days time! You just never know!
AFM... I have some pretty good news! I woke up around 5 am and I was having some pretty good contractions, I went pee and tried to go back to sleep, but they kept me up for about 1/2 hour. Then I drifted off, but I could still feel them, they were in my dreams, if that makes sense. I've been up for a little bit now and started timing them because they feel really good! So far they following a pattern!! 9 minutes apart!! The sun is shining out and its suppose to be in the 40's today, I am getting dressed and going for a "labor inducing" walk!
Wish me luck and send those labor vibes!!!post #138 of 3773/6/13 at 7:53amWriter- I am curious about what today will bring, keep us posted!
Sunshine- I keep seeing bits of mine too and now tinged blood and I find it glorious to behold everytime. Haha!
Spughy- hope your little one cooperates with your weekend plan
Chip- thanks for the support!
WMM- good luck at your appointment, let us know how it goes. I have an appointment with my MW and will definitely not asked to be checked, I don't think she will want to either.
BABYTOES- I am so excited for you! I will be checking here often for updates! Sending you productive and easy labor vibes, hope you are holdin your girl very soon!post #139 of 3773/6/13 at 8:18am
Good Luck to everyone feeling laborish!!
AFM: Ha a day of crampy ctx yesterday but they never organized.. This has been typical in my last for births.. I kept a good attitude (unlike last time haha) and got some great sleep last night. Still seems very early for this little lady. My boys have all been 41 weekers. I am 37+2
- Taking Care of Yourself After Baby: There is No Such Thing as Normal
- › Our Daily Bread 3 minutes ago
- › montessori or language immersion - any experiences 4 minutes ago
- › Is anyone into the Law of Attraction? 9 minutes ago
- › June chat thread 11 minutes ago
- › Starting a Homeschool Daisy Scout Troop in NE Ohio? 11 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat Thread: 6/17-6/23 15 minutes ago
- › Unschooling and preteens and teens 17 minutes ago
- › Exciting, Fun Preparations! 21 minutes ago
- › Baby names - what are your favorites? 21 minutes ago
- › Dealing with the stress of school meetings? 22 minutes ago
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama