MP, I wish you all the luck and ELV I can muster. And I am a little jealous...but hey, here's to hoping for healthy, happy babies whenever they come!
- topicPregnancytagged by mamazee, 5/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- 2014 Book Challenge Thread Last post on 3/11/14 at 10:56pm in Books, Music, and Media
- How is labor/birth when you are older? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:20pm in I'm Pregnant
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- HELP! How do I prevent gaining more weight during pregnancy? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:32pm in I'm Pregnant
Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
Last edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Loving Your Postpartum BodyLast edited: 9/17/13
Starting to feel Birthy... - Page 7post #121 of 3773/4/13 at 5:12pmpost #122 of 3773/4/13 at 10:43pmpost #123 of 3773/4/13 at 10:44pmMP--i dont see it as giving up, more like doing whats best, for mental and practical reasons. I'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of ELVs!
AFM--had some strong contractions while watching The Hobbit a little while ago (great movie btw). The kind that made my eyes widen a bit. Very few since then, though, blah. I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow so i'm a little surprised how much things have picked up, but i just tell myself this could go on for a few more weeks so indont get my hopes up too high.post #124 of 3773/5/13 at 2:02amQuote:
Exactly that MPsSweetie, best of luck to you
Any progress raingardenmama? Hard to start and stop.post #125 of 3773/5/13 at 6:05amQuote:
I'm feeling birthy, but that's nothing new. Ctx every 3-4 since last Wednesday, with no progress past 3cm. My last two deliveries were so fast my dr missed them, so tomorrow she is breaking my water and staying by my side.
On one hand I am so excited and completely done with this pregnancy, my depression is terrible.
On the other hand in so disappointed in myself for giving in :/.
I will be 39+4 tomorrow and none of my other pregnancies have lasted this long.
I don`t think that`s "giving in" but going along with what you feel is best for you!
RainGardenMama: I couldn`t help but giggle at the thought of a very pregnant mama lying down on her office floor! You do have very good coworkers!!!post #126 of 3773/5/13 at 6:15am
I will be 39 weeks tomorrow but have my MW appt today. I am soooo tempted to ask for a sweep. I know this practice doesn't like to do them until 40 weeks, and I know there are some risks and that I "should" be patient, but like I said I am really considering it and letting go of guilt...just to see if I can get some relief. UGH!! but I know it isn't natural and that the body isn't good at being pushed into things it isn't ready for. I know all of that and yet I don't want to care about what I know. I want relief. OOOO, that doesn't sound brilliant does it? will I regret it if I can convince them to do it? If it gets things going I really don't think I'll regret it.post #127 of 3773/5/13 at 7:17ampost #128 of 3773/5/13 at 7:23ampost #129 of 3773/5/13 at 7:27amWriter- can't hurt to ask and if your MWs are anything like mine they won't hesitate to tell you if they think it's a bad idea.
Sunshine- just before 38 weeks for me was when I started to feel contractions that were of a much different intensity and quality than my usual BHs, so exciting!!!
Thanks for thinking of me ladies! That made me smile
I kept contracting, but there was no pattern, lots more crampiness last night and moved more of my mucus plug, some tinged with blood which got me REALLY excited!!
Alas, I know losing the MP doesn't "mean" anything, but I suppose in combination with my intense contractions it could.... Also the frequent loose stools seemed quite exciting.
I'd love to get very quiet and listen to my body, I have a feeling if I listen I will understand what is going on.post #130 of 3773/5/13 at 7:28ampost #131 of 3773/5/13 at 8:54ampost #132 of 3773/5/13 at 11:56am
All of you sound like your bodies are moving forward, even if they haven't moved quite as far or as fast as you would like! It's so exciting to read about, and know my turn is coming. Even if it turns out to be frustrating, I'm amazed that this baby will be born within the next ~5 weeks. Good luck to all of you!!post #133 of 3773/5/13 at 7:04pm
Writermama - I am going to get my MW to check me at my appt on Thurs and if things are looking slightly promising, ask the acupuncturist I'm seeing right after to hit the induction spots as well as the cervical ripening bits. (I'll be 38+1) It would be just SO convenient to have the baby this weekend, is all. And next week I probably wouldn't be above asking for a sweep if it's warranted, either - except that my doula's unavailable most of that following weekend and I don't want to go into labour without her! So it's this weekend, or wait til the due date...post #134 of 3773/5/13 at 9:12pmI think i'm starting to lose my mucus plug! When i went to the bathroom a little while ago, there was thick, sticky mucus that was orange and tan in color. I was like "what the?!!" when i first saw it and then i smiled when i realized its probably part of my mucus plug. I just wish this was a definite of labor happening soon but i know its not. It still made me happy thoughpost #135 of 3773/6/13 at 12:01am
Well, I decided NOT to ask MW for a sweep as I felt really guilty about it and decided to cry all the way there instead. MW then offered to do one while I was there and in the moment I said, "absolutely!" But really, because my cervix was long and posterior, I think it hurt more and probably didn't do much if anything to help. I've been crampy all night with NO BLOOD at all!! She told me I'd get at least some, but nada. Can't believe it! My cervix just won't budge.post #136 of 3773/6/13 at 6:35am
Yeah Sunshine! Maybe we can have these babies at the same time!
Writer: I'm sorry you are still feeling stuck. It will happen soon!
I'm heading to the OB tomorrow and as of right now planning to NOT allow a cervical check. I just don't feel like anything is happening yet.
Let's use the waiting to enjoy the last days (or hours!) of pregnancy.post #137 of 3773/6/13 at 7:20amThread Starter
Sunshine, any kind of sign is a good sign!! Even though it doesn't give you a countdown, it at least lets you know your body is doing something!
writermama, I'm sorry your body is not cooperating. I completely understand how frustrating it is, but the good thing is that your cervix could do a total 360 in a days time! You just never know!
AFM... I have some pretty good news! I woke up around 5 am and I was having some pretty good contractions, I went pee and tried to go back to sleep, but they kept me up for about 1/2 hour. Then I drifted off, but I could still feel them, they were in my dreams, if that makes sense. I've been up for a little bit now and started timing them because they feel really good! So far they following a pattern!! 9 minutes apart!! The sun is shining out and its suppose to be in the 40's today, I am getting dressed and going for a "labor inducing" walk!
Wish me luck and send those labor vibes!!!post #138 of 3773/6/13 at 7:53amWriter- I am curious about what today will bring, keep us posted!
Sunshine- I keep seeing bits of mine too and now tinged blood and I find it glorious to behold everytime. Haha!
Spughy- hope your little one cooperates with your weekend plan
Chip- thanks for the support!
WMM- good luck at your appointment, let us know how it goes. I have an appointment with my MW and will definitely not asked to be checked, I don't think she will want to either.
BABYTOES- I am so excited for you! I will be checking here often for updates! Sending you productive and easy labor vibes, hope you are holdin your girl very soon!post #139 of 3773/6/13 at 8:18am
Good Luck to everyone feeling laborish!!
AFM: Ha a day of crampy ctx yesterday but they never organized.. This has been typical in my last for births.. I kept a good attitude (unlike last time haha) and got some great sleep last night. Still seems very early for this little lady. My boys have all been 41 weekers. I am 37+2
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
- › mthfr mutation and vaccines 21 minutes ago
- › Copper IUD and Side effects 23 minutes ago
- › Silly things you've been told about breastfeeding? 31 minutes ago
- › Autism Daily Newscast author is clueless about vaccine ingredients 33 minutes ago
- › Babystuff: What to store and what to sell? 1 hour ago
- › Nightmares about my mother, I need a good night's sleep 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › If pregnant will be 13 weeks! 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › I'm on a decluttering roll! 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › do you wear make-up? 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › What's Your Monthly Food Budget? 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo