- topicPregnancytagged by mamazee, 5/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- 2014 Book Challenge Thread Last post on 3/11/14 at 10:56pm in Books, Music, and Media
- How is labor/birth when you are older? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:20pm in I'm Pregnant
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- HELP! How do I prevent gaining more weight during pregnancy? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:32pm in I'm Pregnant
Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
Last edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Loving Your Postpartum BodyLast edited: 9/17/13
Starting to feel Birthy... - Page 12post #222 of 3773/13/13 at 11:41ampost #223 of 3773/13/13 at 12:16pmpost #224 of 3773/13/13 at 12:20pmpost #225 of 3773/13/13 at 2:02pm
Hope your stomach feels better. Mine started being off on Sunday enough to where I thought that *it* might be time! Had ctx throughout the night Sunday and here I still am very much pregnant :) My stomach has continued to be off this week....so I guess they are signs pointing to birthy...just not enough to declare anything.post #226 of 3773/13/13 at 2:14pmQuote:
Feeling the same way writermama! I've been to the bathroom about 5 times today. I hope this is it for you!
AFM, I was checked today and found to be 1cm and "thick"... whatever that means. So unless I go from 1 to 10 in 5 hours like I did with DS I don't think this is it for me...post #227 of 3773/13/13 at 2:46pm
Well, it sure does seem like many of us might being having babies around the same time. I had my 40 week appt and I made a good amount of progress last week. Went from 1cm to 2 cm, soft, and went from long posterior cervix to 50% effaced and favorable. That is great news as last time I was 1 cm and long and hard at 41 weeks and it took two rounds of ripening gel (no pit) at 41+3 to get me going. My MW said she thinks I will be holding my baby in a few days time. I certainly hope so!!post #228 of 3773/13/13 at 3:53pmpost #229 of 3773/13/13 at 10:39pm
Just checking in real quick before bed - this is the first time I've felt birthy, but it seemed like a lot changed quickly. Been having mild contractions about 10 minutes apart for the last 8 hours or so. Baby dropped over the last couple days. Midwife says to page if anything changes, that this could turn into having the baby tonight, or could quiet down and be gone by morning. Just took a warm shower, and now off to try and sleep. :)
to you all!post #230 of 3773/13/13 at 10:39pmpost #231 of 3773/13/13 at 10:42pmpost #232 of 3773/14/13 at 4:39ampost #233 of 3773/14/13 at 8:30am
No baby! But it did get just exciting enough to page my midwife again. Contractions shortened to 6 minutes apart for over an hour, and a little more intense, while I was trying to fall asleep. I think they also moved to cover more of my lower abdomen. I finally got up to eat again, and things slowed down enough I was able to fall asleep for the rest of the night (~2-8am). Today, so far, contractions seem occasional again, and milder again, but they *are* still happening, which is kind of interesting.
So, I guess we're just in wait-and-see mode now! It's amazing how fast everything changes!
The best part is, the night before, I woke up in the middle of the night and thought, "You know, I'm planning on having another 2 weeks to get through these things I want to do before the baby comes, but there are no guarantees the baby will wait that long..." So either I was right, or this is a major wake-up call to just get those things DONE.
Good luck to all the rest of you!post #234 of 3773/14/13 at 9:44am
Good luck, chocolatechip! We've had a few times like that - a few weeks ago I thought maybe my water was leaking and my husband was like "Sooo, probably time to finish packing that hospital bag, right?"
I have a curiosity question - for those who have experienced "Back labor", what did it feel like? I've had kind of 3 distinct "contraction in my back" sensations over the last few weeks that all feel a little different, but in the last week or two I have a new one and it is SO weird. A few times a day, I'll get a strong contraction that sends these bizarre pulsing feelings through my back - it starts in my lower back and sometimes it stays there but sometimes it goes all the way up my spine to my neck. It isn't PAIN exactly, or at least I'm not thinking of it that way (Hypnobabies training) but it's definitely uncomfortable and very, very strange. One of them actually woke me up this morning out of a pretty deep sleep. Anyway, I figure all of these different back labor sensations are due to my LO and her funny positions, but I was just curious if anyone else had every had a bizarre pulsing feeling in their back with contractions, because it doesn't feel like anything I've ever heard described before!post #235 of 3773/14/13 at 9:55ampost #236 of 3773/14/13 at 10:15ampost #237 of 3773/14/13 at 3:07pmpost #238 of 3773/14/13 at 3:11pmpost #239 of 3773/14/13 at 3:19pmYay Sara!! . Sending lots of ELVs your way! I hope your contractions pick up soon
Chocolatechip--it sounds like that might very well have been what the night of contractions was telling you--get everything done now because there are no guarantees when your baby will come . I keep feeling like it will be any day now, especially after the night i had recently with the intense back labor. It could still be a week or two away but my mind is ready for it any time. The day after that happened, i finished up the rest of the preparations for the baby just in case.
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
- › Hello 1 minute ago
- › Breastfeeding and weight gain 3 minutes ago
- › Sharing the news 5 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Photo Contest Sponsored by Sacred Pregnancy, Nordic... 11 minutes ago
- › October 2014 Roll Call 15 minutes ago
- › Is Lydia a good name? 19 minutes ago
- › Should I talk to my kids about PPD? 22 minutes ago
- › Wanting But Waiting 2014 26 minutes ago
- › ~* November 2014 Roll Call *~ 31 minutes ago
- › The symptoms Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher