- topicPregnancytagged by mamazee, 5/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- How is labor/birth when you are older? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:20pm in I'm Pregnant
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- HELP! How do I prevent gaining more weight during pregnancy? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:32pm in I'm Pregnant
- Nuchal Translucency? Last post on 9/18/13 at 2:34pm in I'm Pregnant
Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
Last edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Loving Your Postpartum BodyLast edited: 9/17/13
Starting to feel Birthy... - Page 13post #242 of 3773/14/13 at 4:09pmpost #243 of 3773/14/13 at 4:39pmpost #244 of 3773/14/13 at 4:49pm
Good for you c chip and Sara. Trying to be happy for all the mamas that keep going into labor but I'm kind of down and jealous. Isn't that awful? Yesterday I felt pretty darn good about things and really thought I might be in labor today, but of course, nada. Lost more plug and had random contractions all day. I tried nip stim, lots of walking, jogging up and down a hill, moxibustion, two pots of RRL tea, and still-- nothing. I've been staring at the castor oil I took out and placed on my counter. I'm not THAT desperate yet though. Just tired and sore and bored from not feeling able to do things I want to do. Oh, how whiney that must sound.post #245 of 3773/14/13 at 5:03pm
I'll whine with you, writermama. I'm tired, my child is mocking me because I can't walk quickly, and I too have random contractions all day, some of which are strong and some of which are barely noticeable and there is no pattern at all. Jogging is completely out of the question, it's spring break so I can't go swimming (no childcare and the pool is loaded with nasty yelling children).
I don't have to do castor oil, I can induce the same symptoms by eating broccoli. But I'm not that desperate and I don't want the baby now until Tuesday anyway because my doula's not available. My midwife had to bail on me today because she had someone in labour so I'm seeing her on Tuesday and I'll get her to do a sweep. But I can whine until then, right?post #246 of 3773/14/13 at 5:06pm
writermama, if it makes you feel any better, I'm feeling way less birthy today than I was yesterday. It does seem to have been a bit of a wakeup call that the baby *could* come any time, even if it doesn't!
I talked to my midwife today, who was happy I got to sleep last night, and pushed me to stay rested and hydrated and fed. And also said it was very possible that last night was my body working to get the baby in a more ideal position. I have an official appointment tomorrow, so we'll see if it worked!
storygirlcindy, the hospital is only our backup, but it's definitely nagging at me that we have yet to pack our backup hospital bag.
Thanks for all the happy wishes, ladies - maybe next time it will be the real thing!post #247 of 3773/14/13 at 8:32pm
spughy, thanks for joining my party for a bit!
I was awoken to strong, crampy contractions nearly an hour ago coming every 3-4 minutes and lasting for 45-60 sec, as well as nausea and uncontrollable shivering and an urge to BM right away! I have since calmed my body down and I am keeping an eye on the contractions while the family sleeps. I don't feel like I could sleep right now until I know if this is it or not.post #248 of 3773/14/13 at 10:21pmpost #249 of 3773/14/13 at 10:34pmpost #250 of 3773/15/13 at 1:25amYep, it's hard waiting now for us all, overdue or not. I'm thinking of asking for a sweep today to see if things get moving, I had mild contractions after an exam which made me excited but of course they faded away despite my best attempts to keep them progressing.
WriterMama, you must be close. Head up and you'll be holding your sweet baby v soon.
Easy labour vibes everyone Xpost #251 of 3773/15/13 at 3:48ampost #252 of 3773/15/13 at 4:35amWritermama: sorry they went away again. But our bodies are getting ready.
I had moderate contractions for about 4 hours last night, every 10min that kept me from sleeping. They finally tapered off and I was able to sleep but I think threy are picking up again. Figures since DH leaves today! I'm not sure this is it either, but I'm not pulling out the.castor oil until after my appointment Mondaypost #253 of 3773/15/13 at 5:33ampost #254 of 3773/15/13 at 5:34am
WMM, I made a castor oil smoothie 15 min ago. I am not actually feeling desperate at all, but I figure since my body is getting closer (and began cleaning itself out this morning on its own) that it sure would be great if I could tip over into labor today or tomorrow and have the whole weekend to recover with family to help around the house. Also the digestive aid will help a bit (I've been constipated for two weeks again) so either way, WIN.post #255 of 3773/15/13 at 10:02ampost #256 of 3773/15/13 at 3:33pmpost #257 of 3773/15/13 at 5:40pmpost #258 of 3773/15/13 at 6:01pmpost #259 of 3773/16/13 at 6:37ampost #260 of 3773/16/13 at 8:09am
Tear, that's your bloody show!!! That's a GREAT sign. Not everyone does, but most women have their babies within about 3 days of that.... you haven't had a cervical exam or sweep or sex in the last day or two have you? Those things can cause "false" bloody show from irritating your cervix. But otherwise, it's probably a very exciting sign. :)
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
- › Possibly a stupid question from a newbie about cloth stash 1 minute ago
- › Baby girl name poll 4 minutes ago
- › Anyone else not want to see a doctor at all during the first... 5 minutes ago
- › Who's wearing maternity clothes? 15 minutes ago
- › EC Chat? Anyone? 18 minutes ago
- › Latecomer to this club 22 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 34 minutes ago
- › Exercise During Pregnancy 35 minutes ago
- › Our baby 1 month stats 36 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh