- 295 Posts. Joined 9/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- One of those days... Last post on 6/6/13 at 11:04am in I'm Pregnant
- 4 & 1/2 weeks bloated Last post on 6/10/13 at 9:16am in I'm Pregnant
- Anyone still pregnant after losing symptoms around 5 weeks? Last post on 6/7/13 at 9:06pm in I'm Pregnant
- Please participate in our Lesbian Pregnancy study! Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:36pm in Queer Parenting
- Is water ok before 3hr glucose test for GD? Last post on 6/7/13 at 2:09pm in I'm Pregnant
Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a Guide to Four Great...
Edited on Today
- Taking Care of Yourself After Baby: There is No Such Thing as NormalEdited on 6/5/13
- Single Motherhood by Choice: Going it SoloEdited on 5/29/13
- Join a Due Date Club!Edited on 6/6/13
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateEdited on 2/1/13
Starting to feel Birthy... - Page 13Sponsored Linkspost #242 of 3773/14/13 at 4:09pm
AFM: been losing mucous plug all day and having very light contractions... not getting my hopes up, but losing the mucous plug makes me feel better like SOMETHING is finally happening. Of course, DH is leaving to go out of town in less than 24 hours....post #243 of 3773/14/13 at 4:39pmpost #244 of 3773/14/13 at 4:49pm
Good for you c chip and Sara. Trying to be happy for all the mamas that keep going into labor but I'm kind of down and jealous. Isn't that awful? Yesterday I felt pretty darn good about things and really thought I might be in labor today, but of course, nada. Lost more plug and had random contractions all day. I tried nip stim, lots of walking, jogging up and down a hill, moxibustion, two pots of RRL tea, and still-- nothing. I've been staring at the castor oil I took out and placed on my counter. I'm not THAT desperate yet though. Just tired and sore and bored from not feeling able to do things I want to do. Oh, how whiney that must sound.post #245 of 3773/14/13 at 5:03pm
I'll whine with you, writermama. I'm tired, my child is mocking me because I can't walk quickly, and I too have random contractions all day, some of which are strong and some of which are barely noticeable and there is no pattern at all. Jogging is completely out of the question, it's spring break so I can't go swimming (no childcare and the pool is loaded with nasty yelling children).
I don't have to do castor oil, I can induce the same symptoms by eating broccoli. But I'm not that desperate and I don't want the baby now until Tuesday anyway because my doula's not available. My midwife had to bail on me today because she had someone in labour so I'm seeing her on Tuesday and I'll get her to do a sweep. But I can whine until then, right?post #246 of 3773/14/13 at 5:06pm
writermama, if it makes you feel any better, I'm feeling way less birthy today than I was yesterday. It does seem to have been a bit of a wakeup call that the baby *could* come any time, even if it doesn't!
I talked to my midwife today, who was happy I got to sleep last night, and pushed me to stay rested and hydrated and fed. And also said it was very possible that last night was my body working to get the baby in a more ideal position. I have an official appointment tomorrow, so we'll see if it worked!
storygirlcindy, the hospital is only our backup, but it's definitely nagging at me that we have yet to pack our backup hospital bag.
Thanks for all the happy wishes, ladies - maybe next time it will be the real thing!post #247 of 3773/14/13 at 8:32pm
spughy, thanks for joining my party for a bit!
I was awoken to strong, crampy contractions nearly an hour ago coming every 3-4 minutes and lasting for 45-60 sec, as well as nausea and uncontrollable shivering and an urge to BM right away! I have since calmed my body down and I am keeping an eye on the contractions while the family sleeps. I don't feel like I could sleep right now until I know if this is it or not.post #248 of 3773/14/13 at 10:21pmpost #249 of 3773/14/13 at 10:34pmpost #250 of 3773/15/13 at 1:25amYep, it's hard waiting now for us all, overdue or not. I'm thinking of asking for a sweep today to see if things get moving, I had mild contractions after an exam which made me excited but of course they faded away despite my best attempts to keep them progressing.
WriterMama, you must be close. Head up and you'll be holding your sweet baby v soon.
Easy labour vibes everyone Xpost #251 of 3773/15/13 at 3:48am
Thanks for the ELVs but I made myself go to sleep around midnight and they went away. I am gaining trust in my body each time it shows me it is progressing, so I feel pretty good about it even though last night wasn't my time.post #252 of 3773/15/13 at 4:35amWritermama: sorry they went away again. But our bodies are getting ready.
I had moderate contractions for about 4 hours last night, every 10min that kept me from sleeping. They finally tapered off and I was able to sleep but I think threy are picking up again. Figures since DH leaves today! I'm not sure this is it either, but I'm not pulling out the.castor oil until after my appointment Mondaypost #253 of 3773/15/13 at 5:33ampost #254 of 3773/15/13 at 5:34am
WMM, I made a castor oil smoothie 15 min ago. I am not actually feeling desperate at all, but I figure since my body is getting closer (and began cleaning itself out this morning on its own) that it sure would be great if I could tip over into labor today or tomorrow and have the whole weekend to recover with family to help around the house. Also the digestive aid will help a bit (I've been constipated for two weeks again) so either way, WIN.post #255 of 3773/15/13 at 10:02ampost #256 of 3773/15/13 at 3:33pmI am reminded of this cartoon lol:
In all seriousness, i hope things get moving for you soon, writermama!post #257 of 3773/15/13 at 5:40pmpost #258 of 3773/15/13 at 6:01pmpost #259 of 3773/16/13 at 6:37amum...what does it mean when I wipe and there's blood? TMI...but like globby dark red and then more like brown spotting on the second wipe. Is that my mucus plug? I should probably say I had about an hour of contractions last night.post #260 of 3773/16/13 at 8:09am
Tear, that's your bloody show!!! That's a GREAT sign. Not everyone does, but most women have their babies within about 3 days of that.... you haven't had a cervical exam or sweep or sex in the last day or two have you? Those things can cause "false" bloody show from irritating your cervix. But otherwise, it's probably a very exciting sign. :)
- Taking Care of Yourself After Baby: There is No Such Thing as Normal
- › DH problem with anger or me -- overreacting? 3 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC-Flower Moon 8 minutes ago
- › Dad/Kid activities? 18 minutes ago
- › Dissatisfied with day care provider 22 minutes ago
- › Welcome 33 minutes ago
- › Changing words in books when reading aloud to children? 36 minutes ago
- › Getting Out of Debt - June 2013 36 minutes ago
- › Dingoes running into the summer sunshine -- June! 37 minutes ago
- › toy sharing between siblings - time limit or "until she's finished... 40 minutes ago
- › Alternative / Vaccine friendly Pediatrician Mountain Brook /... 43 minutes ago
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › zoe organics Gentle Hair & Body Wash by fayebond
- › Lafe's Organic Foaming Baby Shampoo and Wash, 12 oz by fayebond
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Organic Angel Baby Shampoo & Body Wash,... by fayebond
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by hmiller
- › Angel Baby Bottom Balm - 2oz by hmiller
- › Badger Baby Oil 4oz Glass Bottle by fayebond
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by fayebond
- › LuSa Organics Hey You. Shoo. by fayebond
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering Bath and... by Cynthia Mosher