- 192 Posts. Joined 12/2007
- Location: Portland,OR.
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Anti-vax/delayed vax friendly dr near Schenectady NY Last post on Yesterday at 1:01 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- 4 mo old has cough... Can't get pertussis off my mind! Last post on Yesterday at 1:18 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- do i need an exemption if homeschooling? Last post on Yesterday at 9:08 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- DH has shingles.... how to prepare for chicken pox? Last post on 5/22/13 at 11:04am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- MSM Fox News Tells of Vaccine's Failure Last post on 5/20/13 at 6:42pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
Edited on 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesEdited on 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsEdited on 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentEdited on 3/8/13
- The Right to RefuseEdited on 3/20/13
is catching cp from shedding vax wild?post #1 of 72/18/13 at 1:29pmThread StarterHello! I was just wondering, if you catch the chicken pox from someone who is shedding from the vax, is it still considered 'wild'? Tia!post #2 of 72/18/13 at 3:08pmpost #3 of 72/18/13 at 3:45pmpost #4 of 72/18/13 at 4:00pmpost #5 of 72/18/13 at 4:31pm
Good question, OP - why do you want to know?
The things I can think of are:
-wild immunity often confers longer immunity
-some immunity from wild diseases is often passed through the placenta and breastmilk, I am not sure this is the case with vaccines. Anyone know?
I tend to think that if you came down with CP from the vaccine, it is still CP and you will get the same type of immunity from it as someone who got wild CP. Subbing to see what other people say.
Edited by kathymuggle - 2/18/13 at 6:27pmpost #6 of 72/18/13 at 4:58pm
You can't be 100%. When we exposed our kids it was through a cp party group and the same strain had been going for months. They were able to trace it back really far and as far as we could tell it was a wild virus.
Of course if it were from a vaccine you would think it would be a bit harder to spread, this spread so easy. There was a pox party with 6 families and they all got it, then almost every family that "shared" caught it on the first try. My boys caught it just by playing at the house with 1 kid who had it. We gave it to another family and it was only 1 try.post #7 of 72/18/13 at 6:39pmThread StarterI am really just curious. I suppose if it made a difference I might avoid friends that I knew just had the vax and start hunting down a party in our community, which is highly non-vax. Mostly just wondering though. Thanks for the conversation!
- is catching cp from shedding vax wild?
- Resources for Non-vaccinating Families
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April & May 2013! 25 seconds ago
- › ~*~October ddc Belly Thread~*~ 5 minutes ago
- › Vaccine Injury Anecdotes are No Joke 7 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner girls? 8 minutes ago
- › How are you feeling? 8 minutes ago
- › Columbus OH homebirth mamas (and papas) 10 minutes ago
- › May TWW Thread 13 minutes ago
- › May Chat Thread! 15 minutes ago
- › No shower but registry for second baby? 20 minutes ago
- › So depressed, hormonal, emotional 21 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf