- 192 Posts. Joined 12/2007
- Location: Portland,OR.
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- I feel like I am the only one in the world that choses not to vaccinate :( Last post on Today at 9:25 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Anti-vax/delayed vax friendly dr near Schenectady NY Last post on Yesterday at 1:01 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- 4 mo old has cough... Can't get pertussis off my mind! Last post on Today at 12:14 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- do i need an exemption if homeschooling? Last post on Yesterday at 9:08 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- DH has shingles.... how to prepare for chicken pox? Last post on 5/22/13 at 11:04am in I'm Not Vaccinating
Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
Edited on 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesEdited on 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsEdited on 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentEdited on 3/8/13
- The Right to RefuseEdited on 3/20/13
is catching cp from shedding vax wild?post #1 of 72/18/13 at 1:29pmThread StarterHello! I was just wondering, if you catch the chicken pox from someone who is shedding from the vax, is it still considered 'wild'? Tia!post #2 of 72/18/13 at 3:08pmpost #3 of 72/18/13 at 3:45pmpost #4 of 72/18/13 at 4:00pmpost #5 of 72/18/13 at 4:31pm
Good question, OP - why do you want to know?
The things I can think of are:
-wild immunity often confers longer immunity
-some immunity from wild diseases is often passed through the placenta and breastmilk, I am not sure this is the case with vaccines. Anyone know?
I tend to think that if you came down with CP from the vaccine, it is still CP and you will get the same type of immunity from it as someone who got wild CP. Subbing to see what other people say.
Edited by kathymuggle - 2/18/13 at 6:27pmpost #6 of 72/18/13 at 4:58pm
You can't be 100%. When we exposed our kids it was through a cp party group and the same strain had been going for months. They were able to trace it back really far and as far as we could tell it was a wild virus.
Of course if it were from a vaccine you would think it would be a bit harder to spread, this spread so easy. There was a pox party with 6 families and they all got it, then almost every family that "shared" caught it on the first try. My boys caught it just by playing at the house with 1 kid who had it. We gave it to another family and it was only 1 try.post #7 of 72/18/13 at 6:39pmThread StarterI am really just curious. I suppose if it made a difference I might avoid friends that I knew just had the vax and start hunting down a party in our community, which is highly non-vax. Mostly just wondering though. Thanks for the conversation!
- is catching cp from shedding vax wild?
- Resources for Non-vaccinating Families
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 9.0 (enrolling through... 6 minutes ago
- › How do you respond to 'Why do they have more than us'? 6 minutes ago
- › I feel like I am the only one in the world that choses not to... 7 minutes ago
- › Has anybody else experienced this? 17 minutes ago
- › Holding Baby Too Much?! 26 minutes ago
- › Chapter Books with Diverse Characters for 7 year old 27 minutes ago
- › 39 weeks, when to buy a pump, and other recommendations (brands,... 35 minutes ago
- › Roll Call! 41 minutes ago
- › REI Anniversary Sale May 17–27 44 minutes ago
- › 40 week roll call! 47 minutes ago
- › Philips AVENT Washable Nursing Pads, 6 Count by matope
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by matope
- › TRADITIONAL MEDICINALS TEAS Mother's Milk Tea 16 bags by matope
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by matope
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by matope
- › Glamourmom Nursing Bra Tank by matope
- › Quick Clean Breastpump and Accessory Wipes 24 Pack by nataliebassoon
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by nataliebassoon
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by stormysky
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Pause for Presence: A Personal Reflection by Marcy Axness
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo