I just wanted to pass on the regimen that allowed for a negative Strep B test after I originally tested positive 2 weeks ago. The following is what I took/ ate each day for 10+ days.
1) Odorless garlic - 2 capsules/ 3 x per day
2) Oral probiotics- 1 capsule/ 3 x a day
3) Vaginal probiotic supplement- 1 capsule each night for 10 days
4) Nutribiotic grapefruit seed extract- 4 drops per 8oz bottle of water- used as a perineum cleanser at least 3 times per day
5) Drank a probiotic smoothie drink every morning
6) Chlorhexidene- 1 oz to 5 oz warm water- used to clean perineum and anus 3 times per day- particularly after a bowel movement.
I know it may seem like a lot or overkill but I was willing to try anything to ensure our homebirth did not also include a round of antibiotics! After finding out yesterday that the test came back negative we all heaved a huge sigh of relief- me, my DH and our MW!
I am going to keep doing everything listed above minus the vaginal probiotic until the big birth day!
Hope this helps y'all!