i have a pattern i want to use, but now i need some ideas for fabrics... what works best? i am making fitted diapers if that helps. thank you.
Mothering Top Picks
- categoryDiaperingtagged by mamaofthree, 2/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Help me decide -- ME OS vs EconoME Last post on 3/12/14 at 12:08pm in Diapering
- Wool covers, inserts and a two year old Last post on Today at 7:34 am in Diapering
- Hard water Last post on 3/8/14 at 9:06pm in Diapering
- best way to strip diapers Last post on 3/7/14 at 2:42pm in Diapering
- Diapers still sudsy after rinsing Last post on 3/6/14 at 3:17pm in Diapering
The Real Scoop on 10 Natural Diaper Creams: Toxicity and Cloth...
Last edited: 10/6/13
- Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering CommunityLast edited: 10/9/13
- Dumping Disposable DiapersLast edited: 4/10/13
- Crazy For Cloth: The Benefits Of Cloth DiapersLast edited: 10/18/12
- Grapefruit Seed Extract to Treat ThrushLast edited: 9/19/10
making my own diaperspost #1 of 42/21/13 at 9:53pmThread Starterpost #2 of 42/21/13 at 11:45pm
If its on the frugal side you need to be, you can't go wrong with adorable thrifted flannel sheets. :)
If in general what is the best diapering cloth to use, absolutely my favoritest cloth ever is bamboo fleece that is sold at Natures Fabric. That stuff feels like a sweatshirt made of pure heaven...It dyes adorable also. Absorbant. All natural. Organic. Don't lay an egg at the price - worth every penny.
And for a beautiful cover you can't beat the wool interlock there.post #3 of 42/22/13 at 8:49amThread Starter
THANKS! ok so another quick question...i am planning on doing conture diapers (no elastic and i can pin them) if you have made diapers, would i want multiple layers of the bamboo or have that be the stuff that touches baby's bum and them maybe a hemp/cotton terry on the inside and then the wool on the outside? and can i wash the wool interlock in a washing machine? thankspost #4 of 42/22/13 at 9:34am
Oh...Let me think.
There is a washable wool interlock on the site. You'll have to look under the wool fabric. I have washed my wool in a washing machine and hung to dry, but I did not buy the 'feltable' interlock. Its a 95 percent wool and 5 percent spandex blend. From 1 yard I made a pair of pants that should fit her until she's 2 (made at 4 months old) because the stuff is super stretchy and I made the rise and legs so they could roll down/up..and I made a regular old wool cover. Have enough left over for ribbing on felted cashmere sweater covers.
Costs $36 for a yard, but I'm telling you as a total cheapie - that it was worth every penny and I'm trying to justify more. Love it.
There may be other places that sell it, but I havent found it...so please dont think I'm being an advertisement for Natures fabric. haha
As for the bamboo fleece..hmm. I'm not really sure having never tried it that way but I think it would be a lovely combo. I have used a sherpa/bamboo fleece like that on some mama cloth and I really liked it.
Hope I helped :)
- Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering Community
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 19 minutes ago
- › The BEST baby product you own? 33 minutes ago
- › another star publicly refuses to vaccinate and they skewer her in... 35 minutes ago
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 40 minutes ago
- › What's next mom?? 57 minutes ago
- › 16 weeks and fundus above belly button! 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › ~* November 2014 Roll Call *~ 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Breastfeeding twins challenge 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › 16 weeks pregnant and thinking of getting a young dog. Am I crazy? 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild