or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › Vaccinations Debate › Peanut oil in Vaccines causing massive peanut allergy?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Peanut oil in Vaccines causing massive peanut allergy? - Page 2

post #21 of 309
George Washington carver, WWII, etc all happened in the early 1900s. That's when peanuts were popularized as food for people not just livestock. They were trying to get farmers to switch from cotton to peanuts because cotton was depleting the soil and peanuts would replenish it.
post #22 of 309
From your link.

"However, until 1900 peanuts were not extensively grown, partially because they were regarded as food for the poor, and because growing and harvesting were slow and difficult until labor-saving equipment was invented around the turn of the century."

My only point is that there are lots of potential reasons for increased peanut allergies.
post #23 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Sure eating peanuts can't cause allergy, but if you have an allergy and you don't eat peanuts you won't find out about it, either.
 

Sorry, but you need to to sensitized to a food before you can have an anaphalictic reaction. M. Richet's research, the first to observe this, is vital to understanding this. Do yourself a favor and read his speech - its quite short. While your at it take a look at Clemens Von Pirquet's work on Serum Sickness too. 

post #24 of 309
I read his speech when he posted it before. I don't know what the relevance really is here, though. You don't have a reaction the first time you eat a food. That's kind of allergies 101. Still, less consumption of peanuts would mean less allergies, even if there were no other factors at play.
post #25 of 309

Clemens Von Pirquet was the describer of the Serum Sickness reaction; vaccine reaction and vaccine allergy. He was the inventor of the term allergy (because immunity couldn't be differentiated from hypersensitivity). He developer of the common TB skin test; and devised a unique system to nutrition, and described the kitchen at his Children's Clinic more important than the pharmacy. He was also responsible for certified milk fortified with vitamin D. He also ensured that his clinic had easily readable patient charts, isolation for disease groups and utilized fresh air and sunlight in the healing process.

 

Unfortunately, history's eraser has wiped him out.

post #26 of 309

Thanks for posting that speech Mirzam. Great find!

 

"by 1902 we were able to state three main factors which are the corner-stone of the history of anaphylaxis:

(3) a three or four week period must elapse before the anaphylactic state results. This is the period of incubation."

 

and

 

"In 1903 Arthus, in Lausanne, showed that a first intravenous injection of serum on a rabbit causes anaphylaxis, i.e. three weeks after the first injection the rabbit is hypersensitive to the second injection. The phenomenon of anaphylaxis was becoming of general application. Instead of applying only to toxins and toxalbumins, it held good for all proteins, whether toxic at the first injection or not."

 

"the phenomenon of anaphylaxis occurs after every injection of serum, even when the injection is minute, for example of 0.00001 ml which is an infinitely small amount but nevertheless sufficient to anaphylactize an animal."

 

I'm only 1/4 of the way through the speech, and already found several precious gems of information!

post #27 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

I read his speech when he posted it before. I don't know what the relevance really is here, though. You don't have a reaction the first time you eat a food. That's kind of allergies 101. Still, less consumption of peanuts would mean less allergies, even if there were no other factors at play.

Again, eating a food substance won't cause anaphlactic shock. YOU HAVE TO HAVE BEEN SENSITIZED THROUGH INJECTION FIRST. Yes, I am shouting in exasperation. duh.gif

 

I guess you didn't understand the relevance to Charles Richet's work with regard to vaccine excipiants. When you inject things like peanut oil or squalene into a body, it will become senstized.

post #28 of 309
So the claim is all allergies are caused by prior injection?
post #29 of 309
If injection always causes sensitivity, and vaccines contain peanut oil, why isn't the rate of peanut allergies much much higher?
post #30 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

So the claim is all allergies are caused by prior injection?

 

No. Whole proteins from substances can get into the bloodstream if the gut is permeable. For example, if a mother has a leaky gut it can get through breastmilk and can sensitize her baby.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

If injection always causes sensitivity, and vaccines contain peanut oil, why isn't the rate of peanut allergies much much higher?

 

There are degrees of sensitization, as Charles Richet pointed out with his experiments with dogs. Are you sure you read the speech?

post #31 of 309
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

If injection always causes sensitivity, and vaccines contain peanut oil, why isn't the rate of peanut allergies much much higher?

How high does it need to be for you?

 

 

 

http://www.foodallergy.org/allergens/peanut-allergy

According to a FARE-funded study, the number of children in the U.S. with peanut allergy more than tripled between 1997 and 2008.1 Studies in the United Kingdom and Canada also showed a high prevalence of peanut allergy in schoolchildren.

post #32 of 309
Yeah I remember reading it but it was awhile ago and it probably wasn't very carefully (because time to sit somewhere and read intently isn't exactly abundant). Thank you for clarifying.
post #33 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

How high does it need to be for you?



http://www.foodallergy.org/allergens/peanut-allergy
According to a FARE-funded study, the number of children in the U.S. with peanut allergy more than tripled between 1997 and 2008.
1
 Studies in the United Kingdom and Canada also showed a high prevalence of peanut allergy in schoolchildren.

Well if injection causes allergies, and vaccines contain peanut proteins, seems like it would up towards 95-100%.
post #34 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View PostWell if injection causes allergies, and vaccines contain peanut proteins, seems like it would up towards 95-100%.

Does this 95-100% hold for other things too? Should be only care about an illness if 95-100% are effected? dizzy.gif

post #35 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Yeah I remember reading it but it was awhile ago and it probably wasn't very carefully (because time to sit somewhere and read intently isn't exactly abundant). Thank you for clarifying.

This is why it is always good to have a grasp of the topic, which includes reading the links, before shooting off a post.

post #36 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post


Well if injection causes allergies, and vaccines contain peanut proteins, seems like it would up towards 95-100%.

 

This is where an understanding of Von Pirquet's work on Serum Sickness would have been helpful. As has been mentioned three times now, vaccination by its very nature has to incorporate hypersensitivity, it comes part and parcel with vaccine "immunity" which isn't real immunity, of course, because that is a natural phenomenon which encompasses a multi-faceted immune response to a potentially infectious organism and that cannot be elicited by vaccination.

post #37 of 309
It's not necessarily a lack of understanding as agreement, Mirzam. I'm sure you're aware not everyone agrees with your opinions on germs and immunity. I you're not interested in discussion that's fine.
post #38 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

It's not necessarily a lack of understanding as agreement, Mirzam. I'm sure you're aware not everyone agrees with your opinions on germs and immunity. I you're not interested in discussion that's fine.

My opinion has nothing to do with having a knowledge of the work of Clemens Von Pirquet and Charles Richet. If you consider yourself a student of vaccinology, these are important historical figures to be familiar with. Just say......

post #39 of 309
Do you want to have a discussion, which often involves answering clarifying questions on your position, or do you want to be condescending? You have to pick because I won't do both.
post #40 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Do you want to have a discussion, which often involves answering clarifying questions on your position, or do you want to be condescending? You have to pick because I won't do both.

Huh? You are not having a discussion with me, you're shooting off one-liners and that doesn't amount to a discussion. I have no desire to go round and round in circles with you, been there done that enough times to know it is a pointless exercise. Have a nice day.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Vaccinations Debate
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › Vaccinations Debate › Peanut oil in Vaccines causing massive peanut allergy?