or Connect
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › The "________ is in Labor!!" thread

The "________ is in Labor!!" thread - Page 9

post #161 of 281
Congratulations, Tiffany smile.gif can't wait to see that baby girl!!!
post #162 of 281

Congrats Tiff4ny!

post #163 of 281

My water broke at 1:20 this morning. Heading into the hospital now. No real strong or consistent ctx yet, but we'll see!

post #164 of 281

yay! good luck!

post #165 of 281

yay Tiffany!!  So happy for you!

 

And ELV Maine Coast Mama!!!

post #166 of 281
Happy birthing, Mainecoastmama!
post #167 of 281

Good luck mama!

 

I spent 7+ hours in labor lastnite and still going today. My contractions are still 5 minutes apart and registering strong on the monitor at the hospital but were taking too long to dilate me any further so they discharged me and I am laboring (if you can call it that) at home. I was half woken up by 3 separate contractions sometime between 10:30 and 12:30 and with the third one I heard my bowels gurgling. Went to the bathroom and had a bout of diarrhea and ended up staying on the toilet for maybe a half hour having contractions and being afraid to get off the toilet. Contractions were every 2.5 minutes! Once I could leave the toilet I walked around the kitchen doing some stretches and lunges and squats and timing contractions until my legs were tired. Still 2-3 minutes apart. After a few hours of that I started getting sleepy, being that it was like 3 am at this point. I went and laid in bed thinking, well now they will stop again. I laid in bed timing them and then only slowed to every 5 minutes. I got up and DH woke up and I informed him I was in labor but had to pee. Then I went and walked on the treadmill for almost a half an hour. Contractions went to 1.5 minutes apart while walking at a medium pace! I just kept thinking that it has been 5 hours and my contractions are close together and decently strong but I feel like theses should hurt more. DH dropped me off at the hospital and then drove home since DD was still at home sleeping and I wasn't sure if they would keep me after being monitored. I started feeling really stupid and couldn't feel the contractions very well while walking into the hospital and up the stairs, etc. I started having major doubts if I should even bothered getting monitored. I texted DH I was going to go up and down the stairs before going into L&D. I walked the stairs a few times, then was about to go into L&D when I chickened out again and decided to pee and try to check myself. Everything felt like jello in there! I couldn't tell what was what and I am an avid cervix checker! BUT I looked at my finger and saw mucus and old blood, WHAT!! Tried to check again and reach in further while bearing down, and a huge nasty globe of bloody mucus plus comes out, and then more bloody mucus on the TP!! I was super excited then. Anyway, I was monitored for an hour and contractions were coming 3-5 minutes apart but the nurse said my cervix hadn't changed enough to justify keeping me in a hospital bed for who knows how long waiting for my cervix to change but to come back tonight if I still am having contractions every 5 minutes or closer or water breaks etc.

 

So that was my night from 12:30 to about 7:00 when we got home. I took a nap and just woke up and have that burning-menstrual type feeling in my pelvis and weak contractions still every 5 minutes or closer. Just trying to think of what to do to get this party started! I think I might have a date with the birthing ball and some RRLT after I eat some lunch.

post #168 of 281

BaileyB - Holy cow that sounds frustrating but at least you are making some progress! come on, baby!! Exciting!!!

post #169 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

Good luck mama!

 

I spent 7+ hours in labor lastnite and still going today. My contractions are still 5 minutes apart and registering strong on the monitor at the hospital but were taking too long to dilate me any further so they discharged me and I am laboring (if you can call it that) at home. I was half woken up by 3 separate contractions sometime between 10:30 and 12:30 and with the third one I heard my bowels gurgling. Went to the bathroom and had a bout of diarrhea and ended up staying on the toilet for maybe a half hour having contractions and being afraid to get off the toilet. Contractions were every 2.5 minutes! Once I could leave the toilet I walked around the kitchen doing some stretches and lunges and squats and timing contractions until my legs were tired. Still 2-3 minutes apart. After a few hours of that I started getting sleepy, being that it was like 3 am at this point. I went and laid in bed thinking, well now they will stop again. I laid in bed timing them and then only slowed to every 5 minutes. I got up and DH woke up and I informed him I was in labor but had to pee. Then I went and walked on the treadmill for almost a half an hour. Contractions went to 1.5 minutes apart while walking at a medium pace! I just kept thinking that it has been 5 hours and my contractions are close together and decently strong but I feel like theses should hurt more. DH dropped me off at the hospital and then drove home since DD was still at home sleeping and I wasn't sure if they would keep me after being monitored. I started feeling really stupid and couldn't feel the contractions very well while walking into the hospital and up the stairs, etc. I started having major doubts if I should even bothered getting monitored. I texted DH I was going to go up and down the stairs before going into L&D. I walked the stairs a few times, then was about to go into L&D when I chickened out again and decided to pee and try to check myself. Everything felt like jello in there! I couldn't tell what was what and I am an avid cervix checker! BUT I looked at my finger and saw mucus and old blood, WHAT!! Tried to check again and reach in further while bearing down, and a huge nasty globe of bloody mucus plus comes out, and then more bloody mucus on the TP!! I was super excited then. Anyway, I was monitored for an hour and contractions were coming 3-5 minutes apart but the nurse said my cervix hadn't changed enough to justify keeping me in a hospital bed for who knows how long waiting for my cervix to change but to come back tonight if I still am having contractions every 5 minutes or closer or water breaks etc.

 

So that was my night from 12:30 to about 7:00 when we got home. I took a nap and just woke up and have that burning-menstrual type feeling in my pelvis and weak contractions still every 5 minutes or closer. Just trying to think of what to do to get this party started! I think I might have a date with the birthing ball and some RRLT after I eat some lunch.

I went in last night too. Similar situation. Left the hospital at 730am, exhausted. Contractions have mostly fizzled out now :(

post #170 of 281

I'm also contracting all day. Earlier on it was painful, but that slowed down. I'm lucky that my birthing center doesn't monitor, they'll just check me and check the hb, but I also don't want to go in unless I'm sure this is it. Like I've said before, though, I've actually gone in twice with previous pregnancies and already been in transition, so it's a tough call, but it's not happening just yet.

post #171 of 281

Stormsky - I was hoping that last night was the real deal and that I was just going have a painless birth. Dang! Well, maybe it still won't be so bad.

 

I am so tired tonight even though I got about a 4 hour sleep in this morning after getting home. If I am going to go into labor soon I am hoping to get maybe another 4 hours of sleep in and then wake up about feeling a little pushy, drive to the hospital and deliver maybe 15 minutes later. Just going to throw that out into the universe that that would be my preference....earth.gif

post #172 of 281
I was given pitocen at 8am. By 8pm I had enough. I was still in latent phase of labor. Pitocen was stopped. Resting now. Will resume in AM. May get epidural. Scared and guilty.
post #173 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin08 View Post

I was given pitocen at 8am. By 8pm I had enough. I was still in latent phase of labor. Pitocen was stopped. Resting now. Will resume in AM. May get epidural. Scared and guilty.

Hi Munchkin!  I was just checking in to see how things were going with you.  Try to rest tonight and get your head in a good place for welcoming your little one!  luxlove.gif 

 

No need to feel guilty! hug2.gif

 

 Birthing my DD did not go as I had planned.  I ended up getting an epidural and pitocen to move contractions closer.  It also took days.  44 hours from water breaking to birth.  With my epidural, I had the minimum baseline and then was able to self regulate how much I got.  I was able to totally do self-directed pushing and even switched positions from on my back to hands and knees in the middle of pushing.  DD was not druggy at birth and latched on like a champ.  In fact she is still latching on with gusto whenever she gets a chance (she'll be 4 years old in August).  This is just all to say that for any number of reasons, we might need a little help.  I had a ton of guilt initially about how my birth did not go according to plan.  But I think in the end, it really made me a stronger person and a better mom.  It started teaching me that I had to give up some level of control and be more flexible, which was perfect timing, as we then had a new little one who rearranged our life!

 

Give your self a some time to reflect on today, mourn, cry a bit if it helps, and then hopefully come to a place of acceptance and warmth where you can get some rest and go into tomorrow open to what the day may bring.  You'll get there mama!  And you LO will love you unconditionally, no matter what.stillheart.gif

 

om.gif Stay Calm and Birth On     hug.gif I'll be thinking of you tonight and tomorrow and  sending productive and peaceful birthing vibes your way.  goodvibes.gif  You are strong Munchkin and you can do it!  Have sweet dreams of welcoming your little one tonight!

post #174 of 281

Cali2SC - That was so nice and reassuring to read, thank you.

 

I've been struggling to accept that I have to have a c-section and even when I was told weeks ago I was probably going down that path, I truly believed it wouldn't actually end up being that way. And yet here we are 9 days to go til the scheduled day and if they want to come before then I will still need one. This will be my only pregnancy and it's just not what I imaged even though I knew it was a possibility. I was hoping to have the birth experience that would bond me to other women, and instead all I'm imagining is a lack of control and babies being pulled out of me.

 

Munchkin08 - You'll do great, get some rest!

post #175 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali2SC View Post

No need to feel guilty! hug2.gif

 

 

yeahthat.gif

 

Things didn't go according to plan for me either. My labor with DD was 36 hours, and by the time they insisted on pit I was too exhausted to handle it and requested an epi myself. Even though they gave me the totally numbing kind, DD did great and she nursed great too! There's no shame in making the choice that works for YOU.

 

It's YOUR body, YOUR birth, and YOUR baby. grouphug.gif

 

Rest up as best as you can! That exhaustion makes everything feel hard. You've got people in your corner ready to support you! :)

post #176 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessmn View Post

Cali2SC - That was so nice and reassuring to read, thank you.

 

I've been struggling to accept that I have to have a c-section and even when I was told weeks ago I was probably going down that path, I truly believed it wouldn't actually end up being that way. And yet here we are 9 days to go til the scheduled day and if they want to come before then I will still need one. This will be my only pregnancy and it's just not what I imaged even though I knew it was a possibility. I was hoping to have the birth experience that would bond me to other women, and instead all I'm imagining is a lack of control and babies being pulled out of me.

 

Munchkin08 - You'll do great, get some rest!

Jessmn, I am glad, especially if it helped.  It took me along time to first process DD's birth so I was ready to commit to the home birth I wanted this time.  And then another long period of working on accepting the change of plans for this birth, when in January we were labeled high risk for a heart related issue with baby and had to trade our home birth for a hospital birth with a NICU stay.  I think I am finally in a good place where I am ready to rock this birth, where ever and how ever it goes down.  I am also finally ready to welcome our new LO and for what seems like the first time time this pregnancy, I feel like I am overflowing with love and joy and cannot wait to meet him or her.  love.gif  Yea for babies!

post #177 of 281
The pitocin was restarted thus AM. An epidural was just administered. Having a baby!
post #178 of 281

ELV Munchkin!!

post #179 of 281
Yay Munchkin! ELV!
post #180 of 281

So happy to hear that, Munchkin :) Can't wait to hear your birth announcement!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › The "________ is in Labor!!" thread