Thinking of you today Bambi! Can't wait for the birth announcement :)
Related Forum Threads
- Baby Saffron is here! Last post on 11/23/13 at 12:46pm in November 2013 Due Date Club
- He's Here :) Last post on 9/5/13 at 1:51pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Lillian Adora is here! Last post on 9/8/13 at 3:14pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Preparing for Birth Last post on 9/25/13 at 2:18pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
- In Labor or Warming Up for Labor Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:16am in August 2013 Due Date Club
Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
Last edited: 10/30/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Help! Advice for Turning a Breech Baby?Last edited: 8/7/13
- Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book, The Heart in the WombLast edited: 5/25/13
- Untrue Assumptions About HomebirthLast edited: 4/17/13
The "________ is in Labor!!" thread - Page 11post #201 of 2814/20/13 at 7:00ampost #202 of 2814/20/13 at 9:52amThread Starterpost #203 of 2814/20/13 at 12:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by jessmn
Good luck to Bambi! Can't wait to see the little one!
Thanks Cali2SC! Ours is heavily geared toward c section since that's where we're headed (unless something changes very unexpectedly) and I found a lot of the preferences you have listed useful, like having a hand free. Did not think of that!
And neither of us want to see anything beyond the screen - I know my husband would pass out, and I don't know what I would do - probably the same!
If you do not know gender of your babies, you can request to be the first to announce. Another suggestion that I saw was to take an i pod and headphones for mom. I am expecting that it would be due to an emergency if we were to head to surgery, so if I don't have time to grab some music, that is fine. But it might be nice to cover some of the noise associated with surgery. For that matter, perhaps hubby would like his own set of music and headphones. Also you can request that there is no extraneous chit chat in the operation room. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know!post #204 of 2814/20/13 at 12:34pmpost #205 of 2814/20/13 at 4:39pmpost #206 of 2814/20/13 at 4:41pmpost #207 of 2814/20/13 at 4:41pmpost #208 of 2814/20/13 at 5:27pmpost #209 of 2814/20/13 at 5:51pmThread Starter
It was something else to overhear my doctor call my husband over to show him all my parts. "Here's her ovaries, here's her uterus.... , etc. etc." This definitely isn't something he normally does but this guy is practically family so he tends to want to show Frank all sorts of stuff. I was too out of it to say anything but I definitely overheard that conversation.post #210 of 2814/20/13 at 5:59pmpost #211 of 2814/20/13 at 6:03pmThread Starterpost #212 of 2814/20/13 at 8:09pmpost #213 of 2814/20/13 at 8:09pmpost #214 of 2814/20/13 at 8:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by TIFF4NY
It was something else to overhear my doctor call my husband over to show him all my parts. "Here's her ovaries, here's her uterus.... , etc. etc." This definitely isn't something he normally does but this guy is practically family so he tends to want to show Frank all sorts of stuff. I was too out of it to say anything but I definitely overheard that conversation.
OMG! no way! haha I almost feel faint reading that, haha.
Congrats BAMBI!post #215 of 2814/20/13 at 8:40pmpost #216 of 2814/21/13 at 1:39pmpost #217 of 2814/21/13 at 2:39pmGood luck Mayday!!
I have been debating if this was even worth mentioning (considering my history) I have been contracting strongly (albeit irregularly) for the last couple hours. Curious to see if anything comes of it since this is the first time during the DAY that I have had any ctx like this. Usually it is always late evening/night.post #218 of 2814/21/13 at 2:45pm
Thank you all! We are settling in slowly but surely. I was doing well with breastfeeding but we are having a little bit of trouble today, just waiting on my milk to come in, I think. It has really upset me to think that I am having trouble breastfeeding but I'm really hoping for the best and trying to be positive.post #219 of 2814/21/13 at 3:24pmCongras Bambi! Hang in there with the BF'ing! Before milk comes in is a tricky time because it can seem so deceiving, but if babe is having adequate diapers that is probably the best indicator for now! Good luck! Keep baby at the breast as much as you can an you will be engorged and leaking before you know it!
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for Families
- › I think there's something in my house... 1 minute ago
- › Spare change (or more) for Holiday Helper! 3 minutes ago
- › EC Chat? Anyone? 10 minutes ago
- › Spring/Summer 2013 Pregnant Bajingos - Having #1 in our 30s 14 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper: Family Focus! 22 minutes ago
- › Symptoms decreasing? 24 minutes ago
- › Bed times 32 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Can we see your Christmas tree? 42 minutes ago
- › December Spend-Less Challenge: Let's Fill Our Stockings with... 44 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh