i can't believe how much our babies have grown. everyone is so beautiful!
Recent Images In This Thread
Popular Group Discussions
What our your babies eating? 93 posts | Last post on Today at 12:23 pm
Related Forum Threads
- Cute Baby Photo Thread Last post on 11/18/13 at 8:24pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Tummy time and other fun Last post on 9/6/13 at 11:40am in July 2013 Due Date Club
- What's new? Last post on 11/3/13 at 4:54pm in July 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby sleep habits. Last post on Today at 8:10 am in July 2013 Due Date Club
- Babies and postpartum chat Last post on 10/4/13 at 4:37pm in August 2013 Due Date Club
For New Mothers: The Dishes Will Get Done... Eventually
Last edited: 7/10/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 12/4/13
- 10 Things You Don't Need For a New BabyLast edited: 9/10/13
- Holiday time: when family & friends criticise your parenting...Last edited: 11/19/12
- Incorporating Mindfulness into MotherhoodLast edited: 3/31/13
Show off your baby! - Page 11post #201 of 2926/23/13 at 9:04ampost #202 of 2926/27/13 at 8:17pmJust HAD to share.
DH convinced me to join him for some veggie burgers tonight,
and we ventured to put Olive in a high chair. First experience was positive! She had fun watching us and chewing on (and dropping) her toys. Was a fabulous thing to enjoy a meal with only one hand and both eyes distracted, rather than both hands and a lap. Yay!post #203 of 2926/28/13 at 10:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by sgsnyder
Just HAD to share.
DH convinced me to join him for some veggie burgers tonight,
and we ventured to put Olive in a high chair. First experience was positive! She had fun watching us and chewing on (and dropping) her toys. Was a fabulous thing to enjoy a meal with only one hand and both eyes distracted, rather than both hands and a lap. Yay!
I've just started my highchair research! They all say 6 months+ but if he's nearly 17 lbs which is 9 month size in clothes... that's OK right? ;) What one did you guys get?post #204 of 2926/28/13 at 11:05pmSo cute!!!
most high chairs are designed for steady sitters, where no spottingis required. I have one that reclines a bit and I put soft stuff around ds and it lasts moments at this point. He is usually fed up by the time the food is served. We just have a fischer price one. I don't love it, but don't hate it either.post #205 of 2926/29/13 at 7:21amYeah, I threw tons of padding into this one. I still don't trust her to not hurt herself in there without constant supervision - we were just at a restaurant and there were two parents and it was too tempting to think of eating a burger without a baby in my lap!
We have a seat that clips onto the table at home. I have fond memories of mine growing up, and this fits in our apartment. We haven't busted it out yet.
Kinda excited for steady (straight up) sitting; my parents keep inviting us to brunch and each time they.request a high chair before I tell.the staff no, actually, not yet thanks. It's getting old! That and my mom INSISTING she's ready for.solids. ugh. Just because she's grabbing doesn't mean she's ready for food!!post #206 of 2926/30/13 at 1:09pmThread Starter
Also, THIS (!):
This is one of her favorite games right now. How is this child STANDING BY HERSELF for long stretches of time (she was doing this for at least a solid 10 minutes when I took the picture)? She's only 4 months old! Slow down, child!
Oh and also she's now saying "dada!" ALL the time, much to my displeasure. Only got one Mama :(post #207 of 2927/1/13 at 11:47ampost #208 of 2927/4/13 at 9:12am
Oh my Teles.... so so cute! I can't believe she is standing like that. DS can stand with help for a few seconds, then crumbles.... He is also not really sitting well at this point. Folding in half after a few seconds of sitting. He is really trying to crawl though (DD1 was like this early, then it took another month for her to actually start crawling).
Here he is this morning on the bed when we woke up.... He is still completely bald... :)post #209 of 2927/4/13 at 10:50ampost #210 of 2927/5/13 at 9:00ampost #211 of 2927/10/13 at 10:03am"Petting" our dog Aura. A very tolerant dog! She tends to grab and pull - I think just an attempt to chew on the dog. That's all she wants to do these days is chew on anything and everything.
Just over a week ago she started rolling from back to tummy.
She's quite flexible in the tub. Lol!post #212 of 2927/13/13 at 3:49pmThread Starterpost #213 of 2927/15/13 at 8:15ampost #214 of 2927/15/13 at 8:48ampost #215 of 2927/15/13 at 9:07pmpost #216 of 2927/16/13 at 10:21ampost #217 of 2927/16/13 at 11:36am
do you just GNAW on that little face! what a precious little lady! aaaah!
So, today, my little guy started lurching forwards. he gets up on his hands and toes, then knees, then throws himself forward. if he's like his brother, he'll be crawling in less than 2 weeks, and sitting up much later.post #218 of 2927/16/13 at 11:53amThread StarterQuote:
Just what I was thinking!
Also, that picture of Naomi slays me. I love her crazy hair! I've gotten some flak on Facebook about posting her monthly pictures way earlier than the 18th of every month but I just take them the day of her monthly doctor visits so I actually remember.post #219 of 2927/18/13 at 11:08am
he's obsessed with doing adult things. we were looking at the computer late at night so he joined us.
in that bottom picture he's doing a full plank. he's on his toes! i can't get him lurching yet and don't have a video camera, but he's moving forwards like a little frog. aaaaaagh, crawling!post #220 of 2927/19/13 at 7:37pmHe's amaaazing, HOP! I love it!
He's always seemed like a super wise soul to me. Doesn't surprise me that he's into grown-up stuff!
I hadn't been able to post pictures. Was driving me crazy! You all know how I have to share a gazillion pics...
Still, the good ones are on the real camera, so I'll limit myself to three - no, five tonight.
Papa's rendition of Itsy Bitsy Spider. It also happened to be Father's Day.
Reeeaching for kitty.
Chewing on a kale "bone." I've also given her a carrot and an apple. I so don't want her to be ingesting anything yet, but she loves tasting and playing! And even with two teeth, anything she manages to scrape off comes right back out of her mouth.
Finally, I let one of the sweet boys I nanny hold her. They were mutually pleased. Glad I waited, since I didn't see it working out so well 'til then!
Aaand this is how she gets herself in and out of a sit. I didn't understand it for a solid 48 hours - I just kept coming back to her sitting, when she'd been on her tummy, or on her tummy when I'd last seen her sitting. Finally I caught the transition - ah-ha! She's fluent (yet still sneaky) now.
- Join Your Due Date Club!
- › Fatigue, pain etc. Looking for a diagnosis... suggestions? 1 minute ago
- › Handmade Holidays 2013 2 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 6 minutes ago
- › What did you accomplish today? 8 minutes ago
- › Under what circumstances, if any, would you transfer to a hospital? 10 minutes ago
- › What are you knitting/crocheting? And share pics? 11 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 18 minutes ago
- › Homeschool schedule, breaks, etc? 24 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Cold Moon 24 minutes ago
- › December Pagans - "Yule" love it! 32 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh