Here is what I made tonight with beans, and it was so good:
1. Puree carrot, onion, three or four cloves of garlic in food processor
2. Saute with olive oil and salt
3. Add cup or so of vegetable broth and three tablespoons of tomato paste
4. Add equivalent of a can or two great northern beans (or equivalent) and simmer for 5-10 minutes
5. Puree half the bean mixture in food processor and then add back to the remaining bean mixture that you left in the pan. Salt to taste.
6. Boil pasta (can go GF here) and mix with bean mixture.
7. At some point, saute couple tablespoons of chopped rosemary and a clove or two of garlic in rosemary. Drizzle over the pasta and beans when you plate it out.
8. Grate parmesan if you eat real cheese(!)
Sometimes I puree some fresh greens at the end. YUM!