Abra- could it be an environmental allergy thing? B's allergies flared up really bad last week and she got covered in a rash that looked like it was the result of dry skin. But, when I took her to the allergist a few days ago he told me that allergies to the trees/flowers that are starting to bloom right now often look like an almost-eczema dry skin type rash.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- December Chit Chat Last post on 1/2/13 at 1:58pm in November 2011 Due Date Club
- July Chit Chat Last post on 8/3/12 at 2:11pm in November 2011 Due Date Club
- June Chit Chat Last post on 7/4/12 at 4:47am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- April 2011 DDC Last post on 3/11/14 at 11:13am in Life with a Toddler
- Pictures of our Babies! Last post on 11/1/13 at 11:48am in November 2011 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 2/3/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
March 2013 Chit Chat - Page 18post #342 of 4993/23/13 at 5:25pm
YES! Hence, why I edited my last post. lol The sponsor for the contest volunteered to pay half of the shipping since she'd be paying about that much anyway and I'm selling a phone someone lost at hubby's work that no one claimed even after contacting the owner. Should get about $100 for it, so we'll have about $50-70 after all is said and done. :)post #343 of 4993/23/13 at 5:28pmQuote:
I just did a photo contest giveaway on Naturo-Mommy and it was for lactation cookies. The winner lives in canada, so shipping is $40 which I don't have. So I was freaking out for a little bit.post #344 of 4993/23/13 at 5:56pm
It could be environmental, but I doubt that it's from pollen just yet. It's still below freezing here most days (snowing now) and there isn't a bud on the trees. I'm thinking it's likely dry skin, as that seems to be a huge problem around here. I've never lived anywhere in a long time that was this dry in the winter, so it's new to me and the kids.
It looks like we will be heading to WI next weekend. My dh is going to drive the bus over there on Wednesday and then come back for us. My MIL said that I can build some garden beds in the yard there and plant a garden. They have a huge pile of top soil dirt left over from a project last year, so we will just need to get the wood to make the raised beds. The ground is pretty much all sand, so raised beds are a must.post #345 of 4993/24/13 at 5:44ampost #346 of 4993/24/13 at 6:29amThread Starter
That's great, Abra!! Have you considered hugelkultur instead of raised beds? I always imagine lots of woody debris lying around in Wisconsin. LOL!
Sarah, that's awesome! I bet she'll get the hang of it in a few days. First walking, then scooting, then gliding! Send her down some gentle slopes to help out.
I got Avery on the balance bike the last two days and he'll walk it around for a little bit and then get frustrated by hills or curbs and squeal his frustrated sound. He's so funny looking on it with his helmet.post #347 of 4993/24/13 at 8:37ampost #348 of 4993/24/13 at 11:23ampost #349 of 4993/24/13 at 2:18pmpost #350 of 4993/25/13 at 12:44pmThread Starterpost #351 of 4993/25/13 at 7:56pmpost #352 of 4993/25/13 at 8:12pmpost #353 of 4993/25/13 at 8:19pmpost #354 of 4993/25/13 at 9:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by TalkToMeNowQuote:
Look, ladies... I'm pretty sure that either way, it's illegal!
That's what I was thinking, LOL.post #355 of 4993/26/13 at 5:42amThread Starterpost #356 of 4993/26/13 at 6:51ampost #357 of 4993/26/13 at 8:30am
Can I get an invite to this wine and weed shin-dig. Sounds like it's right up my alley, lol!
Just checking in to say hello. Haven't posted in a while, because I don't have a whole lot to add. More of the same going on with us. Greta now has 2 words! Still daddy all the time, but she started saying hot the other day. She is a baby that had no fear of heat up until now. DD1 would always back away if she saw me opening the oven and I would say "Hot! Hot!". Greta hears me say "Hot!" and runs for the oven like "Really, let me just see how hot that is!" She got a little too close recently. She didn't touch it, but she really felt the heat. Now, she puts her hands out, backs away and says "Hot! Hot! Hot!" At least she gets it now and she has a new word, finally!
It's the never-ending winter here. We just got another 6-7 inches of snow on Sunday and didn't have school yesterday because of it. Lovely. It's supposed to be sunny and in the 60s for Easter though. This better be the last of it!!post #358 of 4993/26/13 at 9:09amQuote:
Ha! You and my dh! Lol. I have to be such a narc...
OMG! I went to see the actual center where Jasper will go this morning. (There are two locations, and I toured the other one before.) It is so nice! I don't know how familiar everyone is with Reggio schools, but part of it is that the same age classrooms are centered around a piazza. The piazza for the young toddlers is so cute. It has this balcony structure thingy with stairs and a little playhouse type area. I want to go up there, so I'm sure the kids love it. And the outdoor area is huge, with the play structures built into the landscape. Super cool. Also, since it is on a quiet street on the university's campus, the kids take weekly walking field trips. Every week, they walk to a nearby park that's really pretty (with a lake, ducks, trees, etc). They also walk to the nearby student center to play. And they have a vegetarian menu.
Anyway, enough gushing. I'm officially full time now. I haven't gotten my promotion yet as it is a new position. It has to be reviewed by some board in April. But being full time will help. I'm over being pissy about working full time. Dh worked hard at a job he hated for a long time. I don't have sole ownership of being home more. I can be fair. Plus, he is working, just not as much. He'll be getting the kids from now on. Dd1 has been calling him Mr. Mom. Lol.post #359 of 4993/26/13 at 9:51am
I don't know how some of you do it. I recently decided nursing isn't a family friendly career (or at least, it doesn't enable me to be the Mom I want to be) and I applied for loans to go back to school for agricultural sciences. I'm super nervous about balancing school and 3 kids. I was once trying to get my LPN and failed...seriously failed...and I only had 2 kids.post #360 of 4993/26/13 at 10:02am
Just in case anyone is interested... I've been listening to the Healthy Life Summit on Village Green Network. There are two really good talks so far today on mood/depression/food issues. You have to listen to them before midnight tonight and then there will be new talks tomorrow.
So far I've listened to Julia Ross and Donna Gates. Okay, Gates I don't agree with 100%, but she does have some good points.
Edited by LunaLady - 3/26/13 at 10:35am
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Sharing the news 3 minutes ago
- › Tick/ lyme disease danger at school! 3 minutes ago
- › organic wool clothing size 12-24 months 5 minutes ago
- › New to Mothering 5 minutes ago
- › organizing before baby comes... 10 minutes ago
- › 12 year old boy is weepy. Causes? 15 minutes ago
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 15 minutes ago
- › Possibly a stupid question from a newbie about cloth stash 20 minutes ago
- › mixed emotions... 20 minutes ago
- › PP Period 22 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild