Good point! Okay... questions??
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- December Chit Chat Last post on 1/2/13 at 1:58pm in November 2011 Due Date Club
- July Chit Chat Last post on 8/3/12 at 2:11pm in November 2011 Due Date Club
- June Chit Chat Last post on 7/4/12 at 4:47am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- April 2011 DDC Last post on 3/11/14 at 11:13am in Life with a Toddler
- Pictures of our Babies! Last post on 11/1/13 at 11:48am in November 2011 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 2/3/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
March 2013 Chit Chat - Page 20post #381 of 4993/27/13 at 11:14amThread Starterpost #382 of 4993/27/13 at 11:41ampost #383 of 4993/27/13 at 2:31pmpost #384 of 4993/27/13 at 3:59pmpost #385 of 4993/27/13 at 4:17pmThread Starterpost #386 of 4993/27/13 at 4:51pmQuote:
I saw the description, but didn't listen to it. After de-EMFing my house and detoxing the whole thing, I don't want to hear someone mention something I might have missed!!!!! It will send me over the EDGE! Oh great, I doubt I'll be able to keep myself from listening to it. I'm such a neurotic-sadistic.post #387 of 4993/27/13 at 6:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by ZippyGirl
I saw the description, but didn't listen to it. After de-EMFing my house and detoxing the whole thing, I don't want to hear someone mention something I might have missed!!!!! It will send me over the EDGE! Oh great, I doubt I'll be able to keep myself from listening to it. I'm such a neurotic-sadistic.
That's just it... I've made a HUGE effort in the last year to detox our house (no house-hold chemicals, all new mattresses, got a futon instead of a couch, getting rid of carpet, etc) and I've known about the EMF... but after listening to her talk I just know I need to tackle that! We are techies, though... it's so hard. My husband works at Microsoft... we have all kinds of things plugged in. I need to do like she said, though, and start with the bedroom. Luckily we just have bedside lamps and a plug in clock in the bedroom and that's it. I need to find a battery operated clock and then unplug the lamps when we're not using them.
Also, our WiFi router is in the basement RIGHT below the bedroom... she mentioned turning off the router at night. I think we might need to start doing that, too.
Baby steps... baby steps... I just get overwhelmed.post #388 of 4993/27/13 at 8:18pm
My mom has been turning off her internet at night for years.. I've never bothered since ours has been on the other side of the house. I agree though, it's all so overwhelming, there is always something new to worry about that is probably poisoning us to death! I listened to the first few minutes and then got distracted with the kids ans such.post #389 of 4993/27/13 at 8:55pmSo something is happening in my life that is kind of a big deal, and I really don't want to talk about it or deal with it at all. It's just too big. So instead of telling my family and Non-Internet friends...I think I will tell you guys...
My son had a CT scan the other day, and I mentioned he only has one kidney. He also had swollen lymph nodes in his abdomen. I had an immediate red flag when they mentioned it, because for YEARS he has had swollen lymph nodes in his neck and his previous doc kept brushing it off. Well yesterday we had his follow up with his new doc and he was very concerned, as was the radiologist who did his scan. For two reason, he has more than one left side abnormality in his torso and he has lymph node swelling in different spots on his body. They ran a bunch of blood work. More tests than I want to name. And depending on what it says we might need a lymph node biopsy.
Coincidently, our neighbor just found out her son has lymphoma. She swears it's her house, because he started getting sick when they moved. She thinks it's too much of a coincidence.
I just keep moving...renovating the house, planning a birthday party. And there is a tiny voice in the back of my head just SCREAMING.
Argh.post #390 of 4993/27/13 at 8:59pmpost #391 of 4993/28/13 at 5:04am
Hugs, Ash. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. I think false alarms are really common with everything. Doctors have to crazy err on the side of caution. I think there is a very good chance everything will come back just fine. I know it's impossible, but try not to worry and obsess unless until you have something concrete to worry and obsess about (which you won't!)post #392 of 4993/28/13 at 5:44ampost #393 of 4993/28/13 at 5:49ampost #394 of 4993/28/13 at 6:42ampost #395 of 4993/28/13 at 7:25ampost #396 of 4993/28/13 at 7:57ampost #397 of 4993/28/13 at 8:01amThinking about you, Ash.
We're having a major freak-out here too. We may all have been exposed to asbestos in the farmhouse here, enough to affect our health. We're just waiting on lab results to know for sure.
I'm having a hard time processing it, as I am currently hit hard with the flu, and totally unable to parent, get myself a drink, or get out of bed. This is the first day that I have had energy enough to hold up my phone.post #398 of 4993/28/13 at 8:38amThread Starter
Oh, Ash I'm SO sorry to hear this and I am hoping, hoping, hoping it is nothing. I am glad it's getting checked out now, though so your fears can be put to rest. If he has had lymphoma all these years wouldn't you have seen more signs? Could the left side abnormalities be linked to something else? Big ((HUGS))... sending thoughts your way. I can't believe you have to wait until next week. Ugh!
Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear about your illness and about the asbestos! When will you get the lab results? What steps would need to be taken if the exposure was detrimental?post #399 of 4993/28/13 at 10:10am
Oh Kirsten that is no good! Did any of you ever have contact symptoms? How long until you know?
Jaimee- the left side abnormalities are probably just a fluke, and its likely they will never affect his life other than having to take extra precautions and care of his body just like anyone with a unilateral kidney would. These things are likely unrelated.post #400 of 4993/28/13 at 11:45amThread Starter
Okay, so one of my major parenting flaws is that I yell too much. This gets better when I get more sleep and when the sun comes out, but still yelling sucks and I shouldn't do it. A friend posted this to facebook today and I have been totally inspired by it: http://theorangerhino.com/10-things-i-learned-when-i-stopped-yelling-at-my-kids/
She has a bunch of great blog posts that include 100 alternatives to yelling and how to start your own no yelling challenge. I'm not sure if I'll go to the extremes she did (though I wonder if this is denial about how hard it will be...), but I'm thinking I could work at using a few yelling alternatives each day, practicing them so they become second nature, and see how integrating this into my parenting helps or inspires additional change.
Anyone else yell too much and want to change that?
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 59 seconds ago
- › Naturalist / Nudist Mamas! 23 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Educational Materials? 54 minutes ago
- › Third Trimester! 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › 5 yo ds and hurt feelings 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Debate This Quote 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › this is the worst news article so far. What do you think? 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Thanks, Pharma. You created the “anti-vaccine movement” 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › mixed emotions... 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Vaccines Are Not Money Makers 2 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild