Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- December Chit Chat Last post on 1/2/13 at 1:58pm in November 2011 Due Date Club
- July Chit Chat Last post on 8/3/12 at 2:11pm in November 2011 Due Date Club
- June Chit Chat Last post on 7/4/12 at 4:47am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- April 2011 DDC Last post on 10/1/13 at 7:30am in Life with a Toddler
- Pictures of our Babies! Last post on 11/1/13 at 11:48am in November 2011 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
March 2013 Chit Chat - Page 25post #482 of 4994/1/13 at 10:57amThanks, ladies. I haven't told DH yet. I just took a early response test and there is a pink line on it too, just really faint. So I will test again Wednesday to make sure it is getting darker.
My middle and my third are 2 yrs and 1 week apart. It was pretty hard. However, my third is my easiest baby and birth (hardest pregnancy) so I'm just telling myself that this one will be a blessing too. The Lord can take care of the financial strain and the lack of house room (our house is pretty small for 4 kids)post #483 of 4994/1/13 at 11:51ampost #484 of 4994/1/13 at 12:23pmpost #485 of 4994/1/13 at 2:39pmAs of noon we are officially homeless. The asbestos professional all but condemned the house, and if we didn't confirm we would leave it said he'd report it to the municipality for condemnation.
We have to get checked out for lung damage, but the good news is that the adults should be generally fine, and the kids lung tissue will eventually totally regenerate, so the effects will be temporary for them (2-3 more years of respiratory issues and hospital visits when they get minor colds etc.)
I've never been without a home before. I'm in shock. We have so much work ahead of us, and no home from which to do it. Abra - tips for living on a bus?post #486 of 4994/1/13 at 2:46pmThread Starter
Oh Kirsten, I'm so, so sorry. I have no idea what to say, but that I'm thinking about you. Do you have friends or family that can temporarily take you in? What sort of financial recourse do you have with the eco village? Did you buy or rent there? If you could live anywhere, where would you go?post #487 of 4994/1/13 at 3:04pmpost #488 of 4994/1/13 at 4:11pmKirstin. Oh man, I'm so sorry! ::hugs::
Tips for living in a bus:
1. Get a bus.
2. Figure out how you can make money from your bus, or plan on parking it in one location.
3. Sell pretty much everything you own.
4. Put important keepsakes in storage (ours are at my dads house in OR).
5. Move your few final things into your tiny home.
6. Start getting familiar with the idea of having no personal space.
7. Pick places to go and go see them!
8. Have a sense of humor, it goes along way when you're stranded in a mechanics parking lot in Arkansas for a month!post #489 of 4994/1/13 at 4:25pmpost #490 of 4994/1/13 at 4:49pm
Kali, congratulations! Awwwww...that just makes me misty-eyed!
Kirsten, I am so sorry about the housing situation. Having been through my own vermiculite issues, I have a pretty dim view of asbestos remediation companies, and I am just so sad for this situation for you and your family. I hope the lung tests come back clear and that this will all soon be behind you!post #491 of 4994/1/13 at 6:24pmKirsten, I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Is the community helping you out? Were you renting? Is anyone legally responsible for getting you a place? What about insurance? Ditto to what Anthia said on the tests. Hugs.
Kali, congrats on the pregnancy. I've been there with the parents. I know that's tough.post #492 of 4994/1/13 at 9:19pmpost #493 of 4994/1/13 at 9:21pmpost #494 of 4994/1/13 at 9:28pmpost #495 of 4994/1/13 at 9:36pmpost #496 of 4994/2/13 at 6:04amThread Starterpost #497 of 4994/2/13 at 6:38amI'm nowhere near the As. You could have spelled something out with our first initials. Or username initials. We are at Aaas or Adzs. Hmmm.
So today Shay picked up a long metal tube from a shoe rack. I heard him walking toward me saying "Do do do" and ten screaming. I found him crying on the cold air return with the pipe at his side. Where does your brain go immediately? Look in his mouth! Yep. Semicircle cut into his soft palate. He must have been playing it like a trumpet and caught the bottom on the vent. Ouch. Two minutes of nursing and he's fine again.post #498 of 4994/2/13 at 9:18am
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › December Pagans - "Yule" love it! 10 minutes ago
- › Have there been huge changes, within the last few years, in the way... 11 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 13 minutes ago
- › Toys and games 22 minutes ago
- › Marijuana use early in pregnancy- CPS?? 23 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 24 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 12 (enrolling through... 25 minutes ago
- › What to do when my child's teacher punished him wrongly? 25 minutes ago
- › Crochet vs. Knitting, what's the difference/ which one is easier to... 27 minutes ago
- › Marijuana Use During Pregnancy and CPS Involvement 34 minutes ago
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo