or Connect
Mothering › Groups › May 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Weekly Chat ~ Mar 4 - Mar 10

Weekly Chat ~ Mar 4 - Mar 10

post #1 of 61
Thread Starter 
A few posts to get us going:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother View Post

I'm going to catch up on this thread later, but can I just say ... MAY-JOR stress on the home front. DD has been sick all week, fever Sun-Wed and bad cough, but yesterday started SCREAMING about her ear. We never go to pedi for sick visits, but we went! And she had an ear infection. Of course I want to avoid giving anti-b's, and DD wants to avoid taking Motrin, so it was a LONG night. I feel so bad for baby having to listen to all that screaming and me so stressed because of it  greensad.gif  And of course, I had class in the morning, so I had to miss my first, and have an exam in a few minutes .... I did, however, get my Enya CD I'd reserved from the library, and it helped me SO MUCH on my commute to class. I felt like I'd forgotten I was loved and supported by the universe, and I remembered. I need so much to just LET GO and trust. I'm hoping I can cultivate that more before baby comes.

Also, 27 WEEKS TODAY! Only one more week in the second trimester! And I get to go to the birth cottage for a prenatal this week- after this one, it's twice monthly, baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by timesway View Post

Today is a weird one.. It is the day I was due to be born (so the point I realis my bday is in 3 weeks-eek!!) it is my sisters bday.. I am exactly 7 months pregnant (worked out from counting months from last period way).. It's also 7 months since my last miscarriage.. And 7 months since all the chaos that surrounded that.. An it is my lovely friend who hung herself nearly 5years she's birthday.. Hard day.. Day of things to come.. Day of celebration.. So many things for one day..

This week I have started to feel really quite uncomfortable back pain wise.. My tummys started to stick out and altho my weights stayed the same for. Few weeks now I feel it.. I guess from the way I'm holding my body.. Plus I have another kidney infection and it is causing a lot of back pain..ouch!!

An on my phone but will catch up on you all later.. In a bit lost ATM.. Bf isn't getting any better sand I just don't know how much more I can take.. But I feel I've put too much in to give up how.. And giving up certainly isn't what I want.. But what if I go through all this and then I get nothing from this.. Along with a new baby.. Can I cope with that? There's no telling me sense sometime tho.. I very rarely fall in love and when I do.. I cannot do logic I am 100% emotionally driven with undertones of logical screaming underneath!! Lol sorry to just moan moan moan lately
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinalla View Post

BaileyB, awesome about the jogging stroller, I was exhausted yesterday too, it sucked! Seem to be better today a bit. I think I've just been staying up a bit too late and then not sleeping well.

OtherMother, sorry about your DDs ear infection, I had a lot as a kid. Our DD has had a few, but we've been lucky to catch all of them early. I don't like overuse of antibiotics, but I do use them (making sure to do the full course) for ear infections as they HURT when they get bad. I know they aren't always bacterial, but a lot of them are, and doing the full course makes it very unlikely you are contributing to super-bugs. So glad the Enya CD helped you relax, I know I have some music that is my goto when I'm feeling stressed too.

timewsay, wow, that's a lot for one day! Sorry for all the discomfort greensad.gif I'm so sorry to hear about your BF, but I will tell you if he does flake out you will be fine! I'm not saying it won't be sad and hard at times, but you are strong and you can do it on your own if it comes to that. I'm still hoping he'll turn it around for you, but you'll do fine. And I don't know anyone who doesn't get mixed up when it comes to their own relationships. I'm pretty logical most of the time, but I always needed friends/family to help me get perspective when in a relationship because there are just too many emotions to mix you up!

I was so exhausted yesterday, it sucked! I even took a ~2 hour nap, which helped, but still so tired. Also was not very hungry yesterday. I think I'm better today on the tired front, but I don't know if it will last. We (well DH mostly) got the kitchen 75% cleared out yesterday, just need to do the rest today and move some furniture. We're going to pick up some big furniture sliders for the one couch as it is too heavy for me to lift right now. The rest DH can move by himself except our dining table, but it isn't heavy, so we can do that together. Need to buy some disposable plates, cups, bowls & silverware today too. We are both so happy we had the basement redone as we are going to be living out if mostly the next 3-4 weeks! I just hope we have some warm days so we can use our grill, not that you can't use it when its cold, but brrr. Everything is ready to go, just waiting on the backsplash tile to come and cabinet pulls to arrive (should be this week probably) and the carpet is ordered, so that should come in a week or two. We decided to let them move the furniture so they can get the carpet done in one day, we just have to clear stuff off the tops of it and get any electronics stashed somewhere (going in the bathrooms!) Can't wait for that to be done. I got most of the laundry done yesterday and running my last load of dishes now before we pack the rest away. It will be nice when its done, that's for sure!

Also, our big TV we just got in December now has a red vertical line in it. We called the warranty place and they are sending someone out Friday. Luckily, that TV is the one we won't be watching for the next 3-4 weeks anyway, so I guess it worked out timing wise and it is under warranty so they will replace it if isn't fixable. It's an LED LCD and I guess it is one of the most common problems with those, so we're the "lucky" ones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstewart View Post

Hi everyone I don't have time to catch up on everyone's posts right now because I'm on my mobile but I'll try to catch up on the next thread tomorrow.

This is been quite the weekend. We went up to the in-laws for DH's grandma's funeral and stayed with the brother and sister-in-law. They have two little girls close in age to Ds so that was fun but the sleeping arrangements weren't good. Essentially there was a very hard double bed for DH and I and a crib mattress on the floor for DS who of course did not want to sleep on it. So half the night all3 of us squeezed in and the other half I shared the bed with DS and DH slept on the sofa. DS also refused to nap the entire weekend. Add to that a busy, stressful family funeral, very unhealthy food, no privacy....i just am ready to be home. And we would be, except a blizzard has rolled thru so we are staying in a hotel half way home. We'll be up early tomorrow for the other 3 hrs of the drive so DH doesn't miss a full day of work. Thankfully i already booked it off.

Anyway, sorry for the short, whiney post. I'll try to catch up tomorrow and im sure i'll be in better spirits after some sleep. Fingers crossed we all get some sleep tonite!
post #2 of 61
Thread Starter 
nstewart, sounds like a bit of a rough trip, glad you'll be home soon/now! Sorry about the blizzard delay, that always sucks when you just want to get home. Hopefully this week will go smoothly for you.

Remodel folks showed up this morning, got them all set up with a house key and went over a couple final things. They have my cell, so they can call if they need anything. TV repair guy called (our new big TV has a vertical red line in it) and went over the issue and said they aren't going to bother to come out and check, they will just order a new panel and come out and replace it to get it fixed as apparently the problem is obvious, so that's good as I like less time wasted. He said the panel will arrive in 3-5 days and they'll call me back to schedule. Perfect as it will be repaired well before we will be able to use it again.

I'm tired again today, but not too bad. I'm just waking up too much at night, guess it is good prep for newborns eyesroll.gif Definitely feeling my smaller stomach now, so going to be stocking up on protein shakes some more. Have a U/S on Wednesday, curious to see where the babies are, they seem to be changing positions a lot and their kicks are so strong now, oof smile.gif I think they are still mostly stacked transverse though, hope they get out of that!
post #3 of 61

HOLY CRAP IT IS MARCH 4thhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

post #4 of 61

Sounds like everyone is busy busy and getting ready! 

 

DH was on a guys' weekend after being gone all of last week, so I tried to spend some QT with DS instead of killing myself with projects.  We had a "dinner date" on Friday night.  Saturday I did laundry and some general clean up.  Then we went to my parents' house and I purged some of my boxes from their basement.  I'm pretty sure I don't need the handwritten time and expense reports from like 5 jobs ago.  winky.gif  We had movie night back at our house (popcorn for dinner isn't completely unhealthy, right???).  Sunday we went to the grocery store and met a friend for brunch.  Then we went to the local natural history museum...they had a new exhibit that DS wanted to see.  Yummy veggie barley soup in the crockpot for dinner with cheddar biscuits.  yummy.gif

 

DH got home while we were at the museum and decided he just had to put the crib together.  Of course, there were 2 pieces missing.  So today I went online to order them.  As I feared, the company that made the crib is no longer in business.  AND now companies no longer make drop-sided cribs?!?  WTH?  I found a company that provides replacement parts, but are these types of cribs no longer safe?  What kind of mechanism do cribs "use" these days then without being "drop-sided"?  I just makes me sick that I saved DS's crib for all this time and now I would need to trash it.  My parents bought it and spent a good deal of money on it and it's in perfect condition.  Sad.  greensad.gif

 

What would you guys do?

 

Went to the doctors today.  First the perinatologist for an ultrasound.  Measuring on track (32 weeks on Wednesday), but Baby Girl's belly is closer to 34 weeks so they will "monitor" that.  Otherwise, she's head down and practicing her breathing and being busy!  Then to the OBGYN...I start seeing both of them weekly in 2 weeks.  WOW !!!

post #5 of 61

Happy March! Yesterday was our anniversary, so we celebrated Sat nite with a nice dinner out, very nice! DH is training for a half marathon, so I biked along with him on a run this weekend, it was fun but I sure felt out of shape! My daily workouts are strength and flexibility focused and my cardio consists of a handful of not very long walks each week, so I realized that I need to step it up! Glad its March now and the weather is looking up, although weather here is totally schizophrenic in the Spring, it could be 70 one day and dumping feet of snow the next, so we'll see...

 

I feel like I have grown a bunch lately! MW appt this afternoon, so I am curious to see what the numbers are... I am feeling fat in my arms and legs and hating it, but loving my belly, still looking forward to being at the beach (next week!), but not even considering shorts, I will be in skirts and capris, the cut of any shorts makes my legs look hideous.

 

I've been trying to set schedules for late May/early June, mainly for work & DD care, and its driving me nuts having no idea when babe will come! I spent a bunch of time yesterday researching what my odds are and I have more or less come to the conclusion that there can be no prediction. DD was a week early, but has a different dad and they say the father's genes are what determines this... So I ask MIL when her babies came and 1 was 10 days late and the other 2 were a day early, so who knows? I have a gut feeling that I won't go late and if I do, it won't be much, but who knows? I did check the moon cycle schedule (I told you I am going nuts over it) and there is a full moon May 25th, 4 days after my due date. DD was born on a full moon. Anyway, I think I have decided to have my last day of work be May 17th and am planning around that as well as DD going to her dad's for the first 2 weeks of June. I know she will be devastated if I have the baby while she is gone for 2 weeks, so I am kind of banking on not being THAT late (would have to be 10+ days late) and hoping her dad's schedule can be flexible during that time. Once I'm done with work, I'll probably be that mama doing everything I can to get the baby to come!

 

Times - hope the day passed ok and you are feeling a little more settled about that stuff, very symbolic.

 

Katie - keep trucking along with that remodel! Are you doing carpet in the kitchen? Or is that for another area?

 

Other - so sorry about the stress and sick little one! Hope its gone now!

 

n - bummer weekend! Sounds like it was hard. Hope you guys make it home ok!

 

Bailey - I KNOW!!! nut.gif

post #6 of 61

Kate - we are using a drop side crib. There are all these safety regulations now and I think some of them are a little over the top. What we plan to do once babe is big enough to pull up on the side is secure the sides (probably with a zip tie) so they can't drop anymore. I don't even know if I would worry so much about it, but ours has been thru 3 kids and the drop mechanism may not be as secure as it could be, so rather than wasting a perfectly good crib and having to get a new one, that's what we came up with. Some safety things are really important, but this one I can't really swallow as such a threat to my baby.

post #7 of 61
Thread Starter 
BaileyB, lol.gif but I know what you mean!

Kate&Joey, yeah the dropside cribs are no longer considered safe, I think they were banned in 2010 maybe? I know there were still some available when we had DD, but they were waning in popularity even then. There were incidents when the drop side would become detached or partially detached creating enough of gap for a baby to get stuck in, sounds like from what I'm reading that was with cribs that used plastic hardware instead of metal. They do have cribs that the top few inches will fold down that's I've seen for easier access, like this: http://www.babysdream.com/ItemDetail.aspx?pid=12&zip=43004 As far as what to do, if you are missing parts you are probably stuck buying a new one regardless greensad.gif If not and yours has metal hardware for the sides, I'd research and see, but it looks like the problems were mostly/all from cheaper, plastic models.

adventuregirl, it's hard as a planner to deal with the uncertainty of when the baby will come, isn't it? I totally expected DD to come near or on her due date as my Mom had all her babies near or on, but she surprised me by coming at 38 weeks instead! I find it best to just make sure everything is ready early, but not to expect they will come early so you don't get too antsy waiting. I also plan to just work until I go into labor again as I think I would be in a sad state if I had too much time off before the babies come. And for your question, no carpet in the kitchen, we're doing a sort of tile, but one that is softer and warmer than traditional tile. The carpet is all of the 2nd floor rooms and the stairs up. We've replaced the one room of carpet on the 1st floor and in the basement, so it's time to get rid of the rest of the starter house crap carpet. We're just rolling that in with this same renovation because why not right? smile.gif

I'm tired ladies, ugh! I feel like a big whiner, but yeah, just wanting to do nothing tonight except maybe watch some TV. Oh well, not much I can do right now with the renovation started.
post #8 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

HOLY CRAP IT IS MARCH 4thhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Only 2 more months!!! biggrinbounce.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate&Joey View Post

Measuring on track (32 weeks on Wednesday), but Baby Girl's belly is closer to 34 weeks so they will "monitor" that.  Otherwise, she's head down and practicing her breathing and being busy! 

Ditto! But it was baby's head that they told me was measuring 2 weeks bigger. I wonder how accurate their measurements are.
post #9 of 61

Yay! March is awesome! Spring, St Pattys Day, Easter- and that much closer to May~!

post #10 of 61

NS, I hope you made it home ok and were able to rest up today!

 

Times, Sorry that Saturday was such an icky day for you.  That does sound tough.  hug2.gif

 

OtherMother, Hope your DD is doing better!

 

Bailey, Were you able to sell your stroller?  I love getting rid of things I don't need anymore.  I am so glad it's March 4th already!  We are getting closer!

 

Kate, I am sorry about your crib!  Honestly, I would try to find a new one unless it is one where the top few inches flip down like Katie mentioned.  For me though it's because we were given a drop size crib with DD1 and the side did come apart several times.  It was really upsetting!

 

Adventure Girl, I totally get that wanting to plan part of things!  It's hard to not know!  I had to chuckle a little at all your research though.  Babies sure do work on their own time!  I was convinced DD1 would come late and I actually planned a baby shower for a friend for the day after she ended up being born.  I just knew DD2 would come early and she came on her due date- and I have always been strongly convinced that due dates mean nothing!  haha.  I bet you will have lots of fun on your trip!  It sounds wonderful.

 

Katie, That's great that they got started on the renovation! 

 

Well, this weekend was pretty good.  A friend came over to help DH in the bathroom and his little girl played with ours.  His older sons also came but they pretty much just played their video games.  I felt like I should be doing something else to entertain them but I couldn't think of anything!  So I spent most of the day sewing between feeding kids.  Progress on the bathroom is feeling slooooow.  I think once the tile starts going in it will go faster but right now I am panicking a little .  We are leaving next weekend which means no work but it will be good to see my grandparents.  Sunday the girls and I went to the ILs and hung out for a while then came home for quiet time then church.

 

29 weeks tomorrow!  Woop!  It's getting closer.  I feel like my need to nest is starting to kick into high gear (in case it wasn't already).  This week is busy which should make this week go quickly which makes me glad.

post #11 of 61

posted in wrong thread! sorry!


Edited by MarieWalter - 3/5/13 at 4:07am
post #12 of 61
Thread Starter 
Twilightjoy, the measurements get more and more worthless as they get bigger, though I would think that comparative measurements (head vs. body, etc.) would still be decently accurate? I know weights can be easily off by 1-2 or more lbs at the end!

OtherMother, yeah I am looking forward to some spring weather. Looks like it will be warmer here this weekend, woohoo! Going to wear some dresses if so smile.gif

CoBaby, I hope you get the tile in soon, that will probably make it seem like it is going faster for sure! You'll get it done and its always good to see the grandparents, I haven't seen mine for ages because for the last few years they have been flaking out on everything at the last minute (even my sister's wedding!) Then my grandma sends me a Christmas card this year and is lamenting how she hasn't seen me in forever eyesroll.gif I love her, but /sigh

I finally had a birth dream last night, so that was interesting. Dreamed I had baby girl first as I would expect and then baby boy turned from breech to vertex on his own and just slipped out. Was at a home (not mine) with random people plus DH & DD, so not too realistic there, but it was a good dream smile.gif DD decided to wake up at 5am and we let her crawl into bed, I finally got up just after 6am because I wasn't getting sleep anyway. Oh well, I'm sure I would have been tired regardless!
post #13 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate&Joey View Post

Sounds like everyone is busy busy and getting ready! 

 

DH was on a guys' weekend after being gone all of last week, so I tried to spend some QT with DS instead of killing myself with projects.  We had a "dinner date" on Friday night.  Saturday I did laundry and some general clean up.  Then we went to my parents' house and I purged some of my boxes from their basement.  I'm pretty sure I don't need the handwritten time and expense reports from like 5 jobs ago.  winky.gif  We had movie night back at our house (popcorn for dinner isn't completely unhealthy, right???).  Sunday we went to the grocery store and met a friend for brunch.  Then we went to the local natural history museum...they had a new exhibit that DS wanted to see.  Yummy veggie barley soup in the crockpot for dinner with cheddar biscuits.  yummy.gif

 

DH got home while we were at the museum and decided he just had to put the crib together.  Of course, there were 2 pieces missing.  So today I went online to order them.  As I feared, the company that made the crib is no longer in business.  AND now companies no longer make drop-sided cribs?!?  WTH?  I found a company that provides replacement parts, but are these types of cribs no longer safe?  What kind of mechanism do cribs "use" these days then without being "drop-sided"?  I just makes me sick that I saved DS's crib for all this time and now I would need to trash it.  My parents bought it and spent a good deal of money on it and it's in perfect condition.  Sad.  greensad.gif

 

What would you guys do?

 

Went to the doctors today.  First the perinatologist for an ultrasound.  Measuring on track (32 weeks on Wednesday), but Baby Girl's belly is closer to 34 weeks so they will "monitor" that.  Otherwise, she's head down and practicing her breathing and being busy!  Then to the OBGYN...I start seeing both of them weekly in 2 weeks.  WOW !!!

What are you seeing a perinatalogist for? I am suppose to see mine for the first time on the 25th. It kind of feels like a waste because I will be almost 36 weeks by the time I see her and I am not really sure what help the appt will be but I am kind of having to talk myself into going.

 

As far as the drop side crib, I think they recalled them because babies heads were getting caught when the drop side dropped accidentally on it's own. I think it is more that there were a lot of hand me down drop sides that weren't in very good shape and that kind of ruined it for every other crib made that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregirl View Post

Happy March! Yesterday was our anniversary, so we celebrated Sat nite with a nice dinner out, very nice! DH is training for a half marathon, so I biked along with him on a run this weekend, it was fun but I sure felt out of shape! My daily workouts are strength and flexibility focused and my cardio consists of a handful of not very long walks each week, so I realized that I need to step it up! Glad its March now and the weather is looking up, although weather here is totally schizophrenic in the Spring, it could be 70 one day and dumping feet of snow the next, so we'll see...

 

I feel like I have grown a bunch lately! MW appt this afternoon, so I am curious to see what the numbers are... I am feeling fat in my arms and legs and hating it, but loving my belly, still looking forward to being at the beach (next week!), but not even considering shorts, I will be in skirts and capris, the cut of any shorts makes my legs look hideous.

 

I've been trying to set schedules for late May/early June, mainly for work & DD care, and its driving me nuts having no idea when babe will come! I spent a bunch of time yesterday researching what my odds are and I have more or less come to the conclusion that there can be no prediction. DD was a week early, but has a different dad and they say the father's genes are what determines this... So I ask MIL when her babies came and 1 was 10 days late and the other 2 were a day early, so who knows? I have a gut feeling that I won't go late and if I do, it won't be much, but who knows? I did check the moon cycle schedule (I told you I am going nuts over it) and there is a full moon May 25th, 4 days after my due date. DD was born on a full moon. Anyway, I think I have decided to have my last day of work be May 17th and am planning around that as well as DD going to her dad's for the first 2 weeks of June. I know she will be devastated if I have the baby while she is gone for 2 weeks, so I am kind of banking on not being THAT late (would have to be 10+ days late) and hoping her dad's schedule can be flexible during that time. Once I'm done with work, I'll probably be that mama doing everything I can to get the baby to come!

 

Times - hope the day passed ok and you are feeling a little more settled about that stuff, very symbolic.

 

Katie - keep trucking along with that remodel! Are you doing carpet in the kitchen? Or is that for another area?

 

Other - so sorry about the stress and sick little one! Hope its gone now!

 

n - bummer weekend! Sounds like it was hard. Hope you guys make it home ok!

 

Bailey - I KNOW!!! nut.gif

I was trying to figure out when I thought baby would come too but had to have a talk with myself because there is no way I can even guess either. I was induced at 38 weeks both times so I don't even know my own true history. First baby took 24 hours to be born after starting induction but I think DD would have come within a few days even if they hadn't induced me, but I think they were off on my dates then. shrug.gif So even though she was induced at "38" weeks I think it might have been closer to the end of my 39th week. I know which day I conceived this time but that still might not mean anything. I am not even that uncomfortable or anything so I shouldn't feel in a hurry to have the baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBabyMaker View Post

NS, I hope you made it home ok and were able to rest up today!

 

Times, Sorry that Saturday was such an icky day for you.  That does sound tough.  hug2.gif

 

OtherMother, Hope your DD is doing better!

 

Bailey, Were you able to sell your stroller?  I love getting rid of things I don't need anymore.  I am so glad it's March 4th already!  We are getting closer!

 

Kate, I am sorry about your crib!  Honestly, I would try to find a new one unless it is one where the top few inches flip down like Katie mentioned.  For me though it's because we were given a drop size crib with DD1 and the side did come apart several times.  It was really upsetting!

 

Adventure Girl, I totally get that wanting to plan part of things!  It's hard to not know!  I had to chuckle a little at all your research though.  Babies sure do work on their own time!  I was convinced DD1 would come late and I actually planned a baby shower for a friend for the day after she ended up being born.  I just knew DD2 would come early and she came on her due date- and I have always been strongly convinced that due dates mean nothing!  haha.  I bet you will have lots of fun on your trip!  It sounds wonderful.

 

Katie, That's great that they got started on the renovation! 

 

Well, this weekend was pretty good.  A friend came over to help DH in the bathroom and his little girl played with ours.  His older sons also came but they pretty much just played their video games.  I felt like I should be doing something else to entertain them but I couldn't think of anything!  So I spent most of the day sewing between feeding kids.  Progress on the bathroom is feeling slooooow.  I think once the tile starts going in it will go faster but right now I am panicking a little .  We are leaving next weekend which means no work but it will be good to see my grandparents.  Sunday the girls and I went to the ILs and hung out for a while then came home for quiet time then church.

 

29 weeks tomorrow!  Woop!  It's getting closer.  I feel like my need to nest is starting to kick into high gear (in case it wasn't already).  This week is busy which should make this week go quickly which makes me glad.

Yes! I sold the stroller! I was excited because they said they were coming to look at it and I didn't know for sure if they would take it, but they just showed up and paid for it and left. I am glad they didn't try to haggle me because I am terrible with that.

 

I terribly need another bought of nesting to kick in because my laundry pile is out of control. Yesterday I didn't do a damn thing except fold the one clean basketfull of laundry that had been sitting there for 2 days and make macaroni. I had 2 cups of coffee in the morning and not quite a full can of pop at supper and I was still exhausted by 9, so maybe baby was growing yesterday or something. Today I feel super restless and we actually did get the snow the weather terrorists reported we were getting so we are snowed in! DH couldn't even leave for work today and he was suppose to drive out of state for 2 days. He did offer to watch DD if I wanted to go to the gym later but I am not sure what time we will get plowed out.

post #14 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

What are you seeing a perinatalogist for? I am suppose to see mine for the first time on the 25th. It kind of feels like a waste because I will be almost 36 weeks by the time I see her and I am not really sure what help the appt will be but I am kind of having to talk myself into going.

 

 

Because I'm old.  winky.gif

 

I think they just do more specialized and more frequent ultrasounds.  Lots of "monitoring": heartrate, blood flow, heart, brain, etc.  I'm trying not to think too much about it and just enjoy seeing Baby Girl doing her thing.

 

Oh, and they also showed me where she's growing hair already.  Very cool!

post #15 of 61

Thanks everyone for the input on the crib issue.  DH and I talked more about it last night.  On one hand, he's thinking about ordering the missing pieces and see how confident he feels once it's together.  On the other hand, we wonder if we should just buy a new one and not worry.  But I know we wouldn't buy anything near as nice as the one we already have. 

 

DS used it for more than 3 years (I was lucky that he never tried to hurl himself out of it like some kids) so I got my money's worth.  But it still bugs me to get rid of it. 

 

And I guess we can't donate it...just put it out with the trash? 

post #16 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate&Joey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

What are you seeing a perinatalogist for? I am suppose to see mine for the first time on the 25th. It kind of feels like a waste because I will be almost 36 weeks by the time I see her and I am not really sure what help the appt will be but I am kind of having to talk myself into going.

 

 

Because I'm old.  winky.gif

 

I think they just do more specialized and more frequent ultrasounds.  Lots of "monitoring": heartrate, blood flow, heart, brain, etc.  I'm trying not to think too much about it and just enjoy seeing Baby Girl doing her thing.

 

Oh, and they also showed me where she's growing hair already.  Very cool!


The doctor could show me DD's hair too. It was fun!

post #17 of 61

Drop side cribs - yes, Bailey that's what was happening.  But I had it happen with my new crib too, when DD was first in it.  So we tied the sides up so it could not be used as a drop side.  Kate you might want to do that if the side seems lose.  I have since (long time ago) given away that crib (kick, kick, although I could not have kept it for this long!) so I would not intentionally but another drop side that I was not intimately familiar with.  

 

Oh man.  The heat is ON.  Moving in 10 days and feeling the stress big time.  We started a prenatal class (mostly for DH's benefit but I am finding lots of useful info too) on Sunday.  I think that just increased my anxiety a bit over the top.  My RA is about the same - one really horrible, cry-in-bed-from-pain day each week.  I can't take pain meds (allergic to Tylenol) and I already have other risk factors so I don't want to try any other pain meds that are questionable.  But laying in bed aggrevates my hip pain from the pregnancy - especially at night.  Moving around is the only thing that seems to help that pain, but makes other things hurt.  Ugh, what a dilema.  Running out of energy too, very quickly.  We are supposed to go pack next week, but I don't know how much I can do.  And we move March 10!

 

I have nothing ready for this babe yet.  Nothing.  I have some items but nothing is washed or organized.  I have a pack n play but no crib yet.  No other supplies ready.  No car seat.  I have too much to do.  

 

And I can't remember things long enough to write them down!!  UGH!

 

Will catch up on the rest of posts this week, sounds like everyone is doing OK mostly.  Chin up, smile on...Babies are almost here!

post #18 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate&Joey View Post

Thanks everyone for the input on the crib issue.  DH and I talked more about it last night.  On one hand, he's thinking about ordering the missing pieces and see how confident he feels once it's together.  On the other hand, we wonder if we should just buy a new one and not worry.  But I know we wouldn't buy anything near as nice as the one we already have. 

 

DS used it for more than 3 years (I was lucky that he never tried to hurl himself out of it like some kids) so I got my money's worth.  But it still bugs me to get rid of it. 

 

And I guess we can't donate it...just put it out with the trash? 

 

 

Re-use it for a desk?  http://consignmentmommies.com/BlogRetrieve.aspx?BlogID=419&PostID=199031

 

We are not doing a crib this time but just a pack and play. DD used her crib 3 times... so we'll see how it goes. If we need a crib we'll get one, bc we got rid of her's years and years ago.

post #19 of 61

BaileyB and Kate&Joey, they showed you your babies' hair??  I didn't know that was possible; that's so cool!  Did you get any pictures to take home?  

 

Also, I'm pretty sure I just had my first Braxton-Hicks contraction.  I'm trying to keep myself from posting about it on Facebook, but I'm weirdly excited...

post #20 of 61
Thread Starter 
BaileyB, I hope you get some nesting energy soon! I'll try to send some of mine your way since I can't do anything with it, though the last couple days I've just been tired! Guess it is a good time to be stuck sitting around watching TV while the house is remodeled. I'm hoping when we get some warmer weather that will perk me up some, I'm definitely feeling tired of winter.

Kate&Joey, yeah not sure, I'd probably just trash it myself as I'm not too handy, but yeah turning it into something else could work if you can do that kind of thing. If you can get it together and secure the side somehow so it won't drop, I don't see why you couldn't use it.

jacquelinej, I hope things get better for you soon! Glad the prenatal class is going pretty well and I'm sorry you don't have anything prepped, I'm a wreck enough just having to wait a few weeks to do stuff I want to do now, but at least I have pretty much everything, just can't put it together and get it set up yet.

EPP, congrats on your BH smile.gif They are cool the first few times, then they just get annoying IME!

Seeing baby hair on the U/S is cool, I will have to ask them about that tomorrow, I didn't any late U/S with DD so no chance to see her hair (she was born with a pretty decent amount).
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: May 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › May 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Weekly Chat ~ Mar 4 - Mar 10