I'm another one who is feeling a bit stressed about the super-busy, back-to-school time in September!
My three-year-old turns four at the beginning of October, so he's supposed to start Junior Kindergarten this year. He is really not ready for it: he is TINY for his age (still wears some 18-24 month and 2T pants), and is behind in his speech (he had hearing difficulties due to ongoing ear infections that affected how he learned sounds; he had tubes put in a year ago that solved the hearing and infection problems, but he needs more speech therapy to get up to speed), and he's just not really independent in things like dressing and feeding himself. And not potty-trained yet, of course! I know a LOT can change in a few months, but I'm still not sure if it would be best to hold him back another year or send him and accept that he may need to repeat. At first, I was planning to send him for half-days only, to ease him in more slowly. (His brother had a year of three-mornings-a-week nursery school and a year of half-day kindergarten before his first full-time year which he's in now, but we moved and don't have the same amenities here, unfortunately, for the younger guy.) But now with the baby coming, it's more tempting to send him for the full days. Socially and emotionally, he would be fine. He is so ready to be there in those ways! I'm just not sure about the self-care stuff, and he's definitely behind academically....
Ugh! So much to think about and consider!
Other than that, I'm anxiously awaiting the end of this month for my second midwife appointment and to finally (hopefully) feel better! I started tentatively planning a little Easter getaway to Niagara Falls yesterday. I need to run the prices and discuss with DH, but it would be really nice to have a little mini-vacation. It also gives me something to do, since I can't really move much (moving = puking). :P
Aidenn - I would definitely look into having your daughter's speech assessed if I were you! Not sure what services you have available (I'm in Canada, and even here, things differ from province to province), but if you happen to have a public health service that will do free speech assessments, check it out. We did it for my little guy when he was 18 months. I knew, even then, that he was behind. I wasn't sure he was bad enough to need help, but I wanted to have him checked out. Turned out, he DID need help, and I'm so very glad we looked into it as early as possible! We had no idea that he had hearing problems until he failed his hearing tests. Once we got the tube surgery, what a difference! But, even before that, we had him into speech therapy and it was making an improvement. Unfortunately, the public system is swamped and the waiting list for free therapy is long. We had to pay for some private therapy. But it was so worth it. I can't believe how far he has come in the past year! We're currently waiting for more free therapy. It's been another long seven or so months. But we're finally getting in again on the 22nd. I can't wait! It helps him so much! Anyway, my advice is: if you're concerned, it never hurts to get it checked out and get started with the process as soon as possible. Good luck!