or Connect
Mothering › Groups › March 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › PSA :)

PSA :)

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 

So, I know I don't post often and you all may not know a ton about me.. (I am having my 8th- I chase a 2,4,6,and 8 yo all day plus teens and all they come with) but...

 

I am a LLLLeader and big time supporter of birth and babies and especially nursing. As everyone gets closer or has their babies I just want to you to know or remember about the DAY 3 BLUES!

 

I always remind my pregnant mama friends of this and always forget myself.. Day 3 is the day your hormones drop. You will cry for no reason. You will think you are neglecting your older kids. You will wonder what in the world you are doing and you know what? Day four is soooo much better. LOL

 

Love to all..

 

PS Prodromal labor sucks. I am over it.

post #2 of 23

I was literally JUST talking about this to my mom this morning! How ironic. I read last week that your estrogen and progesterone go back to pre-pregnancy levels in 3-5 days after the birth - yikes - no wonder everyone feels so crazy! Glad to know it gets better quickly. ;)

 

(And I'm with you on being so over prodromal!)

post #3 of 23

THANK YOU for this reminder/heads up, eternalw.

 

This information seems like a good reason (well, one of many) to make sure we all give ourselves the most peaceful, loving environments possible during that first week postpartum.

post #4 of 23

Thank you for this!!

 

And you're not so much of a lurker that I don't recognize your name. wink1.gif

post #5 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightForest View Post

THANK YOU for this reminder/heads up, eternalw.

 

This information seems like a good reason (well, one of many) to make sure we all give ourselves the most peaceful, loving environments possible during that first week postpartum.


Absolutely! I also like to try (if I remember) to have a close friend bring lunch and treats that day or at least not let DH leave for any reason..

post #6 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatechip View Post

Thank you for this!!

 

And you're not so much of a lurker that I don't recognize your name. wink1.gif


:) Thanks I feel bad that I don't keep up in the weekly chats- but they overwhelm me. I worry that I will miss commenting on something that is very important to someone.

post #7 of 23

I'm glad you reminded us of this!  I was hit by the 3 day blues like a ton of brick, and part of me is in denial that this will happen again!  I think it's good to be reminded that it's completely normal, and be prepared for it!!!

Thank you for the PSA!!
 

post #8 of 23

Thanks!  Yes, this was totally true for me with my first two kids!  Good to keep in mind.  :) 

post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalw View Post
:) Thanks I feel bad that I don't keep up in the weekly chats- but they overwhelm me. I worry that I will miss commenting on something that is very important to someone.

I thought I was the only one that felt this way!!  Not that it keeps me from posting, but I do worry I don't give everyone the feedback they're expecting...

 

I'm not sure what PSA stands for, but I'll keep in mind about the hormones dropping between days 3 and 5.  Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

post #10 of 23

This was true for me with kiddo 1&2... but with #1 it turned into PPD and with #2, it lasted three weeks!  This time, it didn't happen at all!  

 

So, it is good to be prepared for the fact that it does happen and is common but to:

1. realize when symptoms point to PPD when symptoms last longer than a few weeks (inability to bond with baby, feeling of despair, depressed mood, feeling empty inside, loss of pleasure in life, feelings of guilt or worthlessness without reasonable cause, sleep problems, restlessness or sluggishness, dificulty concentrating or making decisions, etc.)

2. know it could last longer than a day or two and still be normal baby blues and

3. It may not happen at all!!!

 

Scruffy, PSA=Public service announcement!

post #11 of 23
Excellent PSA reminder!
post #12 of 23

Thanks! Good reminder. Thanks for the PPD info, too, Jodie.

post #13 of 23

I did not know that, but now that I'm looking back, I definitely experienced it with my first. 

 

Will placenta smoothies help? Also... is it okay to keep placenta in the fridge for 3 days?

post #14 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamiPolizzi View Post

I did not know that, but now that I'm looking back, I definitely experienced it with my first. 

 

Will placenta smoothies help? Also... is it okay to keep placenta in the fridge for 3 days?


I bet they would help? but have no experience with it. hope someone can chime in... I have a friend working on a tincture blend for me sine I tend to go into PPAnxiety...

post #15 of 23

Sidenote to eternalw and scruffy too, and anyone else for that matter: I bet we ALL feel overwhelmed by the chat thread sometimes, and I think we all also understand that it's impossible to comment on everything when there is so many people participating. Sometimes I try to make the effort to comment on everyone's posts since my last one, and sometimes I just post about something that happened to me. And I think we all know that's just how it goes. smile.gif

post #16 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatechip View Post

Sidenote to eternalw and scruffy too, and anyone else for that matter: I bet we ALL feel overwhelmed by the chat thread sometimes, and I think we all also understand that it's impossible to comment on everything when there is so many people participating. Sometimes I try to make the effort to comment on everyone's posts since my last one, and sometimes I just post about something that happened to me. And I think we all know that's just how it goes. smile.gif


blowkiss.gif

post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamiPolizzi View Post

I did not know that, but now that I'm looking back, I definitely experienced it with my first. 

 

Will placenta smoothies help? Also... is it okay to keep placenta in the fridge for 3 days?

 

Yes, it is generally acceptable for them to be kept int he fridge for up to about 3 days. Longer then that they should be frozen. I would recomend having someone chop it up into chunks for you that you can freeze so you can just grab a few individual pieces for your smoothy.

post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by firespiritmelody View Post

 

Yes, it is generally acceptable for them to be kept int he fridge for up to about 3 days. Longer then that they should be frozen. I would recomend having someone chop it up into chunks for you that you can freeze so you can just grab a few individual pieces for your smoothy.

Thanks! I was planning on just cutting off a chunk for a smoothie right after birth and then having my midwife take the rest to encapsulate, but I think I'll have her leave me a few chunks. :)

post #19 of 23
When it comes to the weekly chat threads, it doesnt bother me if people dont always comment on what i say. I just like adding to the conversation and i know people will read it, so that satisfies me. Also, i gave up trying to comment on everyone's posts, its just too much work and i dont always have something significant to say. So i just focus on commenting when i do have something of value to contribute. For anyone who feels overwhelmed with the weekly chats--just comment when you can, dont stress about responding to everyone, its just nice to have lots of people participating smile.gif

About the day 3 thing, i can attest to that myself. Between days 3 and 5 i had very low energy, sweat a lot, cried a lot, and just felt plain yucky. I remember reading something about doing foot soaks during those days to help your body feel more balanced. I dont remember the particulars, though, has anyone here heard of that?
post #20 of 23
ok...I was still in the hospital at days 3-5 with DD and had reasons to cry, but maybe this will help me better understand the moment I found myself clutching her baby blanket and sobbing uncontrollably when they took her to the heat lamp for 10 minutes. Thank you for reminding me of this! blowkiss.gif I hope your prodromal labor gives you a break or leads to something soon. hug2.gif
Mothering › Groups › March 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › PSA :)