or Connect
Mothering › Groups › August 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › ~*Weekly Chat Thread for March 8th-14th*~

~*Weekly Chat Thread for March 8th-14th*~ - Page 3

post #41 of 52

I've been out of the loop for a week or so, we've all had that nasty stomach bug that's everywhere in America.  I can't read through all the posts, but I promise to mention y'all by name in the coming weeks.  I'm happy for all the mamas who are feeling their babies move, and for everyone who has been getting news through ultrasounds this month; sex, healthy, resolving problems.  I did scan a couple posts, but my life is WAY behind, as you can imagine after a week of nothing but pukey laundry and honey tea sipping.  I'm looking forward to connecting again.  My ultrasound is on Monday, I'm having it early since my mama is visiting this week and she's never been to one of my scans before.  I really want to see the sex, but my partner REALLY wants to wait.  He gets to make so few pregnancy decisions, I give him this one.  I do like the moment of birth/seeing the sex in person, too.  A nice gift for him to force upon me :)

I hope no one else on here is suffering from the rotavirus or whatever we had.  It was 5 days of vomit and diarrhea, SO glad it's over!!!

post #42 of 52
That sounds awful! I'm glad your feeling better!

I am also really impatient for winter to be over. After spending 2 weeks in FL, walking home from the bus stop with 3 kids and and luggage in snow flurries was NOT cool :/
post #43 of 52

I'm so ready for summer too!!

 

And my update - YAY hearbeat!!! :D :D  Had a great appointment with the (male!) midwife today, even despite my insane kiddos.  Loved him.  We chatted it up about L&D, midwifery, etc (since I am still potentially considering that for a second career - in 18 years when this kidlet leaves home and we're done homeschooling).  He is awesome.  Can't wait to meet the other midwives at the birth center (where, sob, I cannot give birth).  Happiness today.  :D :D

 

Now I just have to figure out how to get my referral for the big ultrasound... :D

post #44 of 52
Calladonna, happy for you!
post #45 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calladona View Post

I'm so ready for summer too!!

 

And my update - YAY hearbeat!!! :D :D  Had a great appointment with the (male!) midwife today, even despite my insane kiddos.  Loved him.  We chatted it up about L&D, midwifery, etc (since I am still potentially considering that for a second career - in 18 years when this kidlet leaves home and we're done homeschooling).  He is awesome.  Can't wait to meet the other midwives at the birth center (where, sob, I cannot give birth).  Happiness today.  :D :D

 

Now I just have to figure out how to get my referral for the big ultrasound... :D

Yay  Calladona!!!  So exciting!!

 

In house news the owners of the house we put an offer on are now putting together a counter offer.  Yes!!  We would pay full price, but figured we'd talk them down a little. thumb.gif

post #46 of 52
Yay to you both! Great posts!

Calladona, why can't you go to the BC? You get prenatal care there anyway?
post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily11megan View Post

I've been out of the loop for a week or so, we've all had that nasty stomach bug that's everywhere in America.  I can't read through all the posts, but I promise to mention y'all by name in the coming weeks.  I'm happy for all the mamas who are feeling their babies move, and for everyone who has been getting news through ultrasounds this month; sex, healthy, resolving problems.  I did scan a couple posts, but my life is WAY behind, as you can imagine after a week of nothing but pukey laundry and honey tea sipping.  I'm looking forward to connecting again.  My ultrasound is on Monday, I'm having it early since my mama is visiting this week and she's never been to one of my scans before.  I really want to see the sex, but my partner REALLY wants to wait.  He gets to make so few pregnancy decisions, I give him this one.  I do like the moment of birth/seeing the sex in person, too.  A nice gift for him to force upon me :)

I hope no one else on here is suffering from the rotavirus or whatever we had.  It was 5 days of vomit and diarrhea, SO glad it's over!!!

 

Ugh, I'm sorry you've been so sick. Welcome back to the world :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calladona View Post

I'm so ready for summer too!!

 

And my update - YAY hearbeat!!! :D :D  Had a great appointment with the (male!) midwife today, even despite my insane kiddos.  Loved him.  We chatted it up about L&D, midwifery, etc (since I am still potentially considering that for a second career - in 18 years when this kidlet leaves home and we're done homeschooling).  He is awesome.  Can't wait to meet the other midwives at the birth center (where, sob, I cannot give birth).  Happiness today.  :D :D

 

Now I just have to figure out how to get my referral for the big ultrasound... :D

 

Yay! Such great news!!

 

 

Afm: DD is feeling so much better, it's such a relief. After 6 days in the hospital we're all still catching up on sleep but we're all so happy to be home :) My uterus is right at my belly button now and holy moly is my umbilical hernia ever painful!! I called the midwife on call today because it's freaking me out a bit. I'm not sure that she can do anything about it but I'm a bit worried. She hasn't called me back yet...my guess is she's at a birth and I'm not really an emergency. 

 

I leave for Japan in just over 3 weeks! I feel like I have 5 million things to do before I go. We've been trying to prep DD slowly but talking about it but other than saying she's going to miss me I'm not sure she gets it.

 

Oh, and we're so behind on getting moved and our current place staged for selling....we've pushed our goal date for listing back a couple of weeks.

post #48 of 52
Yikes Carmen! You have a lot going on :/ I'm glad dd is doing better. I hope you can get some rest before your trip!
post #49 of 52
Morning ya'll - things are so much brighter today :D :D  I can't wait to have a date for the big ultrasound!
 
FarmerCathy, good luck!
 
Banana, I can't birth at the BC because I'm a VBAC and their liability insurance won't allow it. :(  Oh well, I've had 3 hospital births, what's one more...
 
carmen, glad your DD is feeling better!  Aggh, sorry about the hernia - I know nothing about them!
post #50 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post

Yikes Carmen! You have a lot going on :/ I'm glad dd is doing better. I hope you can get some rest before your trip!

 

lol I just re-read my post and I guess I do! It's actually not all that bad and I'm used to being so busy...I usually just roll with it ;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calladona View Post

Morning ya'll - things are so much brighter today :D :D  I can't wait to have a date for the big ultrasound!
 
FarmerCathy, good luck!
 
Banana, I can't birth at the BC because I'm a VBAC and their liability insurance won't allow it. :(  Oh well, I've had 3 hospital births, what's one more...
 
carmen, glad your DD is feeling better!  Aggh, sorry about the hernia - I know nothing about them!

 

Hearing or seeing the heartbeat does make things seem brighter :) You must feel great today!

post #51 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calladona View Post

Morning ya'll - things are so much brighter today orngbiggrin.giforngbiggrin.gif  I can't wait to have a date for the big ultrasound!
 
FarmerCathy, good luck!
 
Banana, I can't birth at the BC because I'm a VBAC and their liability insurance won't allow it. greensad.gif  Oh well, I've had 3 hospital births, what's one more...
 
carmen, glad your DD is feeling better!  Aggh, sorry about the hernia - I know nothing about them!

Shenanigans! I say.

But it's nice to hear you so upbeat since your appt!
post #52 of 52

Yea Calladona!  I am glad to hear that you are reassured.  I have very vivid dreams while pregnant too, and often they turn nightmarish. 

 

Cathy-  !!!

 

Carmen-  I have a small umbilical hernia.  Sometimes I would lay on my back for a bit (or first thing in the morning), then when I would get up I would wrap my belly.  Not super tight, but enough to support it so it didn't feel like my innards were pushing through my belly button.  It seemed stretchy material was the most comfy for me, like our Moby, I think because it isn't too rigid for moving freely.  I wish I had more to offer!  I know it sucks.  It must be tough to work on everything else you need to do.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › August 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › ~*Weekly Chat Thread for March 8th-14th*~