Recent Images In This Thread
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by prescottchels, 3/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- 9-10DPO AF Due on the 18th Last post on Yesterday at 12:00 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Light periods Last post on 3/11/14 at 11:00pm in Trying To Conceive
- Baby aspirin Last post on 3/12/14 at 12:04pm in Trying To Conceive
- DHEA? Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:09am in Trying To Conceive
- Success stories after vasectomy reversal? Last post on 3/13/14 at 12:48pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
A Saner TTC-The Worm Moon - Page 17post #321 of 3424/24/13 at 4:10amOh prescott darlin'. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time with all of this right now. I think chuord already put the thoughts I was forming down perfectly. The wild cards that are our emotions, so tricksy and difficult to manage. I'm sending a whole heap of peace and clarity your way as you work through all of this . And of course we're here to listen.post #322 of 3424/24/13 at 6:53am
prescottchels - I hear you on picking a donor. It's such a pain in the @$$. I went through www.nwcryobank.com. We chose donor 205K. It's such a hard process though, since it impacts the rest of your life. This is our second time using a donor, if you have any questions or want to talk privately, pm me. Or I'm happy to share info here.
Sorry to hear about you and DP. But when things aren't right, they aren't right. There's no sense trying to force something that isn't there. Huge hugs.post #323 of 3424/24/13 at 11:47amSo sorry to hear that prescott. I hope you arrive at the decision that's best for you and your future family whether that's with or without your DP. Best of luck on your new path... In the meantime hide under the covers if you want!
The pup we got is a black lab -- the absolute cutest/most mischievous creature on the planet. He's a British style lab so he's already pretty stocky even for 12 weeks. It definitely helps to have something to lavish all my affection on and it takes the pressure off DH a bit who is super busy studying for the CFA exam.
So I had a negative OPK yesterday but an unmistakably positive one today and my temps are still all over the place and I'm still spotting off and on AND I had pretty obvious O pains in my right ovary today. How's that for mixed messages!? I have no idea what to think so we BDd just for good measure.
Oh chuord and everyone else -- we live in Jordan. Definitely not like Australia unfortunately haha. We like it here but it can be an interesting place to call home, especially these days...post #324 of 3424/24/13 at 11:54amThread Starter
Right now I think I just need to move forward w/TTC solo. DP & I have just hit such an impasse there's no getting around it til more time has passed and we've both had time to heal and do our own work outside of the pressures of relationship & TTC. It's hard cuz we were/are so fricken compatible except on this one issue, which he has realized is a deal breaker for him... I'm not angry w/him or resentful or anything, just sad that it is what it is for now... he still would like to connect as friends and texted me a couple times last night, which just made me even more sad, but I'm guessing we'll come back around to each other again in some form or another. It doesn't feel done, yet...post #325 of 3424/24/13 at 1:04pmWhen in doubt BD is always a good idea oasis .
More for you prescott. These life storms are something else. It does indeed hurt when everything looks/feels right but it's not. It's definitely better in the long run that he knows what he wants and is clear about that; saves so much more pain in the end. Pull the covers up, grab some ice-cream, get some good movies to bawl your eyes out too, and feel everything in you doll as you work your way back to peace within.post #326 of 3424/24/13 at 3:28pmHugs Prescottchels - I agree with mamacats, do whatever it takes to get you back to your zen!
Oasis - Jordan, cool! But I hear you on the tricky to live bit... I just lol'd as your screen name fits so well in context now!
Matt's mom - hugs on the glimpse into your journey, ttc really isn't as easy as it could be is it? Unless you're not trying and then it seems to happen... Fx for us all that it happens soon!
Justjenny - how are you feeling post trigger? Staying calm?
Mamacats - that sunshine is working its magic on you... You sound happier each day, lol maybe you're solar powered?post #327 of 3424/24/13 at 6:42pmPrescott, I'm so sorry you're going through all this. I hope it all gets worked out!!
Oasis--good luck! Also, we're hopefully getting a house soon. If I'm not pregnant by then, dog is 1st on my list also, Jordan sounds awesome my great grandparents were Lebanese so I've always wanted to visit out there! But alas, stuck in Ohio. Sounds like that was an ovulation--good luck!
Matt's Mom--here's to this month!
Bah, I need advice. My bosses want to outfit me in a bunch of company embroidered clothes...some nice stuff. They also just recently gave me a big promotion and are talking about giving me another in a month or so... (Insert freaked out emoticon here)
This wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm pretty good friends with them. I've been there 4 years. And our company consists of 5 full time people and some part times and I play a big role in directing everyone. They want to take the clothes to get embroidered tomorrow. Should I say something to them? I want to take a test tomorrow morning since I'll be 12dpo... At least I'll know if there's a real reason I should say something, since getting pregnant can take who knows how long.post #328 of 3424/24/13 at 7:29pmpost #329 of 3424/24/13 at 9:09pmpost #330 of 3424/25/13 at 3:55amWell I took a clearblue test this am and got the bfn. 12dpo--still a chance since it's early. But those shirts are getting embroidered. I'm not sure how I would bring up the topic of "trying" to my bosses, or if I should. My boss was trying to get pregnant most of the time I've been there (and longer--some inexplicable infertility issues) and it's a sensitive subject. Not to mention we've only tridd a couple months and have no idea how long this road will be. Any advice?
Edit for clarity. Btw, boss is due in June.
Edited by faithrising - 4/25/13 at 4:15ampost #331 of 3424/25/13 at 6:24ampost #332 of 3424/25/13 at 4:37pmMaybe I am solar powered chuord . I feel a 100% difference when I'm getting plenty of sun. I wouldn't be any good in a mostly gray/rainy/cold climate . I could lay in the sun for hours and hours on end every day if I could .
Glad everything worked out at your job faithrising .
How you doin' prescott?
What about you JustJenny? Feeling the mellow in the first part of the TWW?
Hi Matt's Mom, LilyKay, oasis and anyone else I've missed . Getting ready to give the kids a bath and attempt to get some quiet time for mama! It's been very hectic here this week. Onward to another weekend!post #333 of 3424/25/13 at 4:40pmpost #334 of 3424/25/13 at 7:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby
Oh! I found these rich morsels of sin called Slutty Brownies the other day and omg, I'm going to have a straight-up affair to end aaaaallllll affairs on my no/low-grain existence; holy hell...
Oh please... Go on... what's in them?
By the way, it looks like we're getting our house--put down our earnest cash today. just need to go through inspections and closing!post #335 of 3424/26/13 at 6:19amQuote:Click the link, doooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt . I think part of the ingredients is one's soul .
And woohoo on the house! How exciting!post #336 of 3424/26/13 at 6:28ampost #337 of 3424/26/13 at 6:53ampost #338 of 3424/26/13 at 7:31amYeah faithrising, we're wanting to buy soon as well just b/c for us it doesn't make any sense to keep renting. We really need a yard for several reasons, not the least of which is our boys would love a yard , we're going to have to pay to live somewhere regardless so why not put it into some property, and apartment living is just, blah. It's scary having to pay for everything yourself but the trade-offs are wonderful.
Oh! And I find it so interesting that your boss is due the same month I would have been, you get the keys to the house on what was my EDD for this year (made my stomach flip), and your username is reflective of my good feelings about this cycle. I also ran into an old friend/acquaintance while out the other day who is due in June as well and we talked about some very parallel life goals. Hmm, I wonder what all I'm supposed to be taking from all of this...post #339 of 3424/26/13 at 7:41amHow weird!! I don't believe in coincidences, which sometimes gets me into trouble.. But that would be pretty sweet!!! Hope those signs are for real!!!
We're super excited to have a yard (and therefore a garden). Plus, a big front porch! Always wanted one of those hopefully we'll have some kids and a dog to put in those too.
I'm still hoping for a late bfp... There is just something different about my pms symptoms... Sorry if this is tmi, but my nipples are doing some totally weird things I don't remember them doing. I'd go into detail, but it's probably way tmi. Not to mention the weirdest cramps ever. It could all be in my brain, but I'm still hopeful! Today is 13 dpo, I had bfn on 10 and 12 dpo. It's probably a good idea to wait for a missed AF before I test again... We'll see how long I last.post #340 of 3424/26/13 at 7:54amYeah, I don't believe in coincidences either. Even if I can't see and/or don't understand the links I know there's a reason for them being there. This kind of stuff has happened my whole life, to my mom, sister, and brothers too, so...
With my DS2 I got a BFN three days before AF would have probably shown if I hadn't been pg then a BFP the day she would have come. Hope springs eternal 'til The Witch flies! And there's no such thing as TMI when TTC .
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › Bumps downstairs.. 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Teach acceptable noise levels 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Breast pads 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Looking for sweets and cookies that are healthy and taste nice 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › How you know you have "Pregnancy Brain" 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › The BEST baby product you own? 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › another star publicly refuses to vaccinate and they skewer her in... 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild