So I have a few questions about the whole debate on when to transfer to hospital for meconium in the waters. I am quite overdue and have submitted to scans each week to check fluid levels and check for placenta health and the Dr said he's also able to see if there's meconium. So far so good. They are letting me continue to wait this out and stick with my home birth plan but with one stipulation, if there's meconium in the waters to come in right away. Generally this is my instinct on this too.
My new MW/Doula team met with me this week and they said with an overdue baby it's very common to have a "meconium stain" in the fluids which is not really anything they are worried about but they will leave the decision up to me! Ahhhhh! I'll have never seen what normal amniotic fluid even looks like and I'm worried I don't quite have enough information to make a call if it turns out I'm alone when my water breaks. Anyone want to talk about their own experiences with meconium and tell me more about when you feel it's "risky." I'm going to talk to my Dr about this again tomorrow but I'd love to hear some people weigh in.