or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › Got a Story of Denial to Share?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Got a Story of Denial to Share?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Here's one....my friends sister's baby had his first set of vaccines,  at two months, which included rotavirus...prior, he was a happy healthy infant, no problems.....two days later, the baby is in the hospital with severe vomiting and diahrrea...he continues on this path while in the hospital as well, and stayed a week in there.   The drs assured the mom over and over it wasn't the vaccines that caused this problem, he must of had an issue all along, and  mom was bulldozed into believing it...she continued vaxing, and now at 3, has a gluten sensitive child,  lactose free, reflux, medicated, allergy prone,   and continuing to be vaxed while his health is horrible-one illness/ear infection/tubes inserted too...his second round of vaccines at 4mos, inc. another hospital stay for the same thing. 

 

is this really the norm today amongst a lot of parents? 

post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

 

 

is this really the norm today amongst a lot of parents? 

I'm afraid it is becoming more and more common.  

 

Propaganda can be very powerful, and the propaganda coming from the vaccine manufacturers is very thorough.  There are children's books about how vaccines don't really hurt, and protect you from harm (no mention of adverse effects, of course), and medical students, nurses, and other health care professionals are taught be pharmaceutical industry employees.  Even the doctors teaching in med schools are paid consultants with the pharmaceutical industry.

 

And the major news media is headed by members of the board of Glaxo, Merck, etc.

post #3 of 12

Sadly, at least where I live, it is the norm, and it doesn't end with vaccines.

 

Most people I know practically worship the mainstream, allopathic health "authorities". Almost everyone in DH's family is on some type of medication, and has absolutely ZERO clue about nutrition. I don't care if Sunny D has 100% of your daily vitamin c--it is NOT GOOD FOR YOU!!!  And, if you have a child with ADHD, would you let her wash her ADHD pill down with a Mountain Dew, then snack on Fun Dip?!?! I wish I were making this up.

 

Here's a good one--if you eat a diet full of toxic waste, i.e. the Standard American Diet, you just might find yourself with a bit of a bowel problem. If you don't heal it with proper nutrition and elimination of harmful foods, it will get worse. If you go to Duke hospital, and they  tell you that nutrition has nothing to do with your colitis, and THEN remove your colon.....would you do it? I wouldn't. There is way too much evidence that the gut can be healed with proper nutrition and elimination. But, that is too much work, so let's just cut out the colon--who needs it anyway! The gods at Duke know everything!

 

Yes, the people close to me do worship these hack doctors, and I have cried over this many times. How can people be so blind? How can they just allow their children to be poisoned and cut apart in such a way? It doesn't end with vaccines--vaccines are the beginning. These people do not question the mainstream medical and nutritional advice. They believe that our system must be the best, because why else would it be promoted by the country's best hospitals and doctors? And that's that, the search for health is over before it ever began.

 

This outrage I'm feeling comes from watching my loved ones suffer from harmful advice.

post #4 of 12

I do not vaccinate but personally, I believe that ill health has more to do with our diet, environmental toxins and medications than vaccines by themselves.  I do not agree that any vaccine is "good" for babies, and I do believe they can cause a lot of issues. However, there are plenty of non vaxed babies and kids that have these issues, too. My younger son was natural all the way (home birth, breastfed, mostly organic foods, no abx, etc) and had tummy issues from the start which we eventually found out was gluten intolerance. He is also allergic to dairy, eggs, and pretty much every tree and bush out there, lol.
 

post #5 of 12
My family (parents and siblings) have always denied my food allergies/intolerances. I am watching their deteriorating health, and I know they won't listen to me. My issues didn't come from thin air. I see my mother and three siblings all with issues similar to mine. But their faith is in the doctors, and they take a handful of medication daily, and get seriously ill every year with flu-like symptoms after getting the flu shot.
post #6 of 12

I very much agree with grisandole, however, I think vaccinating babies is the start of the bulk of the issues. That's how many children start getting allergies, different disorders, etc and diet, environmental toxins, medicines, etc make the problems worse and cause problems of their own. My son is unvaccinated and also has a severe dairy allergy, but after clearing up his diet, his health has dramatically improved. Actually, even when we didn't know about his dairy allergy and he was consuming dairy on a very regular basis, he was still MUCH healthier than most of the vaccinated children I know.

post #7 of 12

I think it is partly ignorance about the dangers of vaccines, partly wanting to believe there is no problem, partly personality (allowing doctors to bully).

I am that parent.  I continued to vaccinate my children for almost three years even though they had vaccine reactions that will most likely affect them forever.  In hind site it sounds quite stupid.  I wish I could reverse time.   I did not 'worship' doctors; I was uneducated about vaccines and although I had hesitations (e.g. I wanted to delay vaccinating my preemies), I failed to research and gave into the doctors.  

 

Although this is not an excuse...I was overwhelmed with two premature babies with no help.  I should have researched prior to their birth, but it never even crossed my mind. Heck, after eight IVF cycles I was just glad to be pregnant (and I didn't want to even think about what the IVF drugs, ICSI, or the fact that they were frozen did to them.) After 22 and 46 days in the NICU I was glad to have them home and start being a 'typical' mom - which I guess included vaccination.  I was a nut about their food and environment, all organic, avoided chemicals in the house, never giving artificial flavors, colors, only safe toys from Europe, etc.  But I still injected them with vaccines.

 

OP, I may be overly sensitive to this topic, but to me your tone seems harsh towards the mother.  Believe me, when she figures this out she will beat herself up more than enough.  She will not need the judgment of others.

 

Sorry...this thread just hit a nerve with me.  I wish we could all make the right decisions all the time.  

post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsam View Post

I think it is partly ignorance about the dangers of vaccines, partly wanting to believe there is no problem, partly personality (allowing doctors to bully).

I am that parent.  I continued to vaccinate my children for almost three years even though they had vaccine reactions that will most likely affect them forever.  In hind site it sounds quite stupid.  I wish I could reverse time.   I did not 'worship' doctors; I was uneducated about vaccines and although I had hesitations (e.g. I wanted to delay vaccinating my preemies), I failed to research and gave into the doctors.  

 

Although this is not an excuse...I was overwhelmed with two premature babies with no help.  I should have researched prior to their birth, but it never even crossed my mind. Heck, after eight IVF cycles I was just glad to be pregnant (and I didn't want to even think about what the IVF drugs, ICSI, or the fact that they were frozen did to them.) After 22 and 46 days in the NICU I was glad to have them home and start being a 'typical' mom - which I guess included vaccination.  I was a nut about their food and environment, all organic, avoided chemicals in the house, never giving artificial flavors, colors, only safe toys from Europe, etc.  But I still injected them with vaccines.

 

OP, I may be overly sensitive to this topic, but to me your tone seems harsh towards the mother.  Believe me, when she figures this out she will beat herself up more than enough.  She will not need the judgment of others.

 

Sorry...this thread just hit a nerve with me.  I wish we could all make the right decisions all the time.  

no ill intent at all...i too, was lied to about vaccines and my son, and i was illustrating what i percieve to be the 'norm' amongst new parents today...Pedi's are in a mode of 'it's all of nothing' with vaccines, and if the parent chooses the alternative route, we are met with attitude.   sorry if you percieved the tone of harsh towards the mother, that wasn't my intent at all, just simply pointing out what i see as ambushing of today's new parents. And it's disgusting the lies and distortion some parents actually hear from their child's own dr on the issue. 

post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

no ill intent at all...i too, was lied to about vaccines and my son, and i was illustrating what i percieve to be the 'norm' amongst new parents today...Pedi's are in a mode of 'it's all of nothing' with vaccines, and if the parent chooses the alternative route, we are met with attitude.   sorry if you percieved the tone of harsh towards the mother, that wasn't my intent at all, just simply pointing out what i see as ambushing of today's new parents. And it's disgusting the lies and distortion some parents actually hear from their child's own dr on the issue. 

Thank you.

I was overtired when I responded.  I am concerned about my children - the seizures, auto-immune issues, etc.  I am so angry with myself that I allowed this to happen to my children.

It was one of those days I should not have been reading the vax forums.

Typically it is the three posters who are extreme vax-pushers and reaction deniers that upset me...I just read your post wrong.

Thank you for your response.

post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsam View Post

I think it is partly ignorance about the dangers of vaccines, partly wanting to believe there is no problem, partly personality (allowing doctors to bully).

I am that parent.  I continued to vaccinate my children for almost three years even though they had vaccine reactions that will most likely affect them forever.  In hind site it sounds quite stupid.  I wish I could reverse time.   I did not 'worship' doctors; I was uneducated about vaccines and although I had hesitations (e.g. I wanted to delay vaccinating my preemies), I failed to research and gave into the doctors.  

 

Although this is not an excuse...I was overwhelmed with two premature babies with no help.  I should have researched prior to their birth, but it never even crossed my mind. Heck, after eight IVF cycles I was just glad to be pregnant (and I didn't want to even think about what the IVF drugs, ICSI, or the fact that they were frozen did to them.) After 22 and 46 days in the NICU I was glad to have them home and start being a 'typical' mom - which I guess included vaccination.  I was a nut about their food and environment, all organic, avoided chemicals in the house, never giving artificial flavors, colors, only safe toys from Europe, etc.  But I still injected them with vaccines.

 

OP, I may be overly sensitive to this topic, but to me your tone seems harsh towards the mother.  Believe me, when she figures this out she will beat herself up more than enough.  She will not need the judgment of others.

 

Sorry...this thread just hit a nerve with me.  I wish we could all make the right decisions all the time.  

 

Can I give you a hug? I do understand, we have all made the "wrong" choices and regret them. But please remember you made the choice you felt was right in the moment. I vaccinated my eldest and truly wished I hadn't, but at the time, the possibility of not vaxing was not part of my reality. I do believe the vaccines affected her, but she is who she is, and I am so grateful I have her exactly how she is. Of course she had more issues (focus) issues growing up and now still as an adult than my unvaxed children do, but she does not hold the choices against me. She too was an IVF baby (GIFT actually), she was subjected to  several U/S and a week of terbutaline. But I have her and wouldn't change that for the world.

post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

 

Can I give you a hug? I do understand, we have all made the "wrong" choices and regret them. But please remember you made the choice you felt was right in the moment. I vaccinated my eldest and truly wished I hadn't, but at the time, the possibility of not vaxing was not part of my reality. I do believe the vaccines affected her, but she is who she is, and I am so grateful I have her exactly how she is. Of course she had more issues (focus) issues growing up and now still as an adult than my unvaxed children do, but she does not hold the choices against me. She too was an IVF baby (GIFT actually), she was subjected to  several U/S and a week of terbutaline. But I have her and wouldn't change that for the world.

Thank you.

Although my children are fantastic and doing well, sometimes I think about how they would be if I would have made different choices.  If I would not have vaccinated them and I would not have allowed my son's violent delivery resulting in his cerebral palsy (which luckily affects him mildly).   Last night was one of those nights. 

Over time I focus less and less on 'what could of been'.  But when they struggle or when their medical issues intensify, I have a difficult time.

I realize there are many children who were affected much more severely than my children by vaccines.   But I find little comfort in that...it just makes me more angry at the pharmaceutical companies, doctors, etc.  Ironically, my child having epilepsy and other medical conditions involves us even more with the very groups we now mistrust.

 

Anyway...sorry to derail the thread.

Thank you for all the understanding.

 

 

Regarding the original topic.  I've found pediatricians to be vehement vax pushers and deniers of vax reactions.  However, we've seen many neurologists over the years and although they will rarely come out and say 'this is all due to the vaccinations', they have never questioned our decision to stop vaccinating and some suggested we stop vaccinating.  I think they often treat the effects of vaccines and know the truth.

 

With regards to parents, when I had my children, I knew no one who didn't vaccinate.  (Most of my friends had their children over 20 years ago.)  I now know many people who do not vaccinate.  I am not sure if refusing vaccination is on the rise or if I just hang with a different crowd now.

post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsam View Post

 

 

Regarding the original topic.  I've found pediatricians to be vehement vax pushers and deniers of vax reactions.  However, we've seen many neurologists over the years and although they will rarely come out and say 'this is all due to the vaccinations', they have never questioned our decision to stop vaccinating and some suggested we stop vaccinating.  I think they often treat the effects of vaccines and know the truth.

 

 

I posted a thread on research once around what doctors were likely to vax their own kids with.  While vax rates were high among all doctors, medical specialists (which would include neurologists) had some of the lower vax rates or "intend to vax rates."

 

ETA:  here is the link if people like:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1371784/article-study-on-what-physicians-vaccinate-their-kids-for-and-their-concerns


Edited by kathymuggle - 3/24/13 at 1:45pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: I'm Not Vaccinating
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › Got a Story of Denial to Share?