My DD has had a diaper rash for months and months, off and on. One ped said it is contact rash, the other said eczema. Could it be a dairy intolerance? It really itches her and is so frustrating. She's cloth diapered and we wash the diapers in Tide. We use all cotton and wool. No matter what diaper I use, it doesn't help. I just am having a hard time finding out the cause.
- categoryHealth Healing
Related Forum Threads
- Fevers: Is it normal for my dd to get fevers within 3 weeks of each other? Last post on Yesterday at 11:22 pm in Health and Healing
- Lump in groin/lymph area? Last post on Yesterday at 2:53 pm in Health and Healing
- Recurrent Corneal Erosion Last post on Yesterday at 3:03 pm in Health and Healing
- Please help! My children stay sick!! Last post on 5/17/13 at 5:53pm in Health and Healing
- Thyroid infection? (subacute granulomatous thyroiditis) Last post on 5/17/13 at 11:07pm in Health and Healing
Diaper rash that comes and goes- eczema only in diaper area?
I don't use the fragrance free Tide. I'll probably try that next :)
It's not yeast. I'm thankful but still annoyed.
I'm thinking about giving her cod liver oil and probiotics and eliminating dairy from my diet. I hope that helps.
My little boy has the same exact thing! I was also told by my doctor that it was eczema, but he has had it off and on for a year now! It is mostly okay but every once in a while it gets bad and really itchy and he will dig at it until it bleeds. I feel like I have tried everything including the yeast treatments. It never really goes away...I have found the best thing for it is to bath him with some baking soda in the water and just plain old "keep it clean". I do really want to find out the reason for the outbreaks though and make it go away for sure. I also forgot to mention he is completely potty trained and we use all natural laundry detergent on his underwear.
I am realizing just how much my sons issue is linked to fragrance. As soon as a smelly relative or friend be it lotion, perfume or aftershave holds him its all over and I spend the next week trying to get it gone. His grandpas aftershave is THE WORST offender. But pretty much anyone wearing a fragrance causing his skin to get those hard itchy scales.
- Diaper rash that comes and goes- eczema only in diaper area?
- › child spacing 1 minute ago
- › Installing headrests in a full size van?? 4 minutes ago
- › Dinner Disaster.... 6 minutes ago
- › when to let cat in the family bed? 6 minutes ago
- › 40 week roll call! 11 minutes ago
- › Getting Out of Debt - May 2013 12 minutes ago
- › Potty training FAIL 14 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 15 minutes ago
- › My 11 yr old daughter is making me nuts with her stubborn backtalk 19 minutes ago
- › At what age does socialization become really important? 24 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11