Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sprinting joyfully into October - the Dingo thread Last post on 11/1/13 at 10:42am in Fitness and Weight Management
- SEPTEMBER 1000 MINUTES EXERCISE CHALLENGE! Last post on 9/30/13 at 12:43pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Dingos Fall into September Action! Last post on 10/1/13 at 7:47am in Fitness and Weight Management
- If anyone has a Beachbody account, I need your help! Last post on 10/15/13 at 4:11am in Fitness and Weight Management
- Dingos sweating out the evil in July Last post on 8/2/13 at 9:18am in Fitness and Weight Management
One, Two, Three...Sing and Do Yoga With Me!
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-PackLast edited: 8/2/13
- Making Peace With My BodyLast edited: 6/21/13
- 5 Elements for Healthy LivingLast edited: 4/15/13
- Baby and YouLast edited: 1/26/11
No Fooling! 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 8.0 (enrolling through April 3, starts... - Page 12post #221 of 3464/25/13 at 2:21pmThread Starterpost #222 of 3464/25/13 at 3:29pmpost #223 of 3464/25/13 at 8:42pmpost #224 of 3464/25/13 at 8:50pm
It has been a depressing day for me. My divorce got finalized today after 4 LONG years (long story short, it was an abusive marriage) and you would think I would be happy about it... but nope, I've been sad.. and the fact that he is already marrying another woman tomorrow doesn't help. I think the whole marriage to him was a joke and I fell for it. Anyways, so to cope with the news, I basically ate 2 slices of pizza and a plate full of cookies. I'm terrible when it comes to emotional eating...
post #225 of 3464/26/13 at 2:55amThread Starterpost #226 of 3464/28/13 at 5:03am
ok, .... so, i don't know if it's the extra B vitamins (a multi B in amount higher than the usual RDA) i've been taking for the last 3 weeks or what .... but i've been able to focus more on healthy eating this past week (i did terrible Saturday a week ago at a buffet at the community center !!!!, so this is day 8 of my "reformed eating plan") ... i also feel a little bit "more in charge" of my life and am surpised myself to have been capable of resisiting emotional eating .... which i've been doing for years ...
(am about the weight i was 12 years ago yesterday, just BEFORE i gave birth to DS ... so have been trying to loose weight for a good 10 years by now ....i had lost a bit when breastfeeding after his birth, but i still had 7 kg i couldn't loose then put on another 7 kg in 2005 within 3 months of arriving in the USA ....)
what helped too this week is that i had a dance class on Tuesday & have since been able to go and swim 1 km every day so far (but won't happen today, i need to review videos of my dance routines & will do some cleaning in the flat too, that will be my "exercise of the day"), so four times one km, half with flippers and a board, half just breaststroke in a calm and relaxed way, concentrating on my breathing ...
& couldn't help but stepping on the scale today to see if the "coconut oil effect" is lasting .... it is, & am looking forward to posting my new number for tomorrow
now, have just read that coffee could increase the efficiency of the Tamoxifen drug by 50% so have started trying to drink some -the "no dairy" part of my eating plan is getting hard to stick to lately, am dreaming of a huge 1litre pot of black tea with milk and sugar ... won't happen ...
am now trying to drink coffee with a little sweetener and half a tea spoon of coconut oil .... ideally, i would drop the artificial sweetener and just keep the coconut oil ...
my next doctor appointment is in 11 days & i really hope i can keep up with my current routine since it looks like it's working ... am a bit worried about the effect of coffee on my sleep though .... we'll see how it goes ...post #227 of 3464/28/13 at 9:53ampost #228 of 3464/28/13 at 6:58pm
Did fairly well last week, but just had a relatively large dinner when I should have eating more austerely after yesterday's indulgences at our picnic (chocolate covered pretzels and potato chips-- I could have skipped the chips but don't regret the pretzels one bit!) I am not optimistic about tomorrow's weigh in!post #229 of 3464/29/13 at 12:04ampost #230 of 3464/29/13 at 3:15ampost #231 of 3464/29/13 at 3:40am
so .... i must say i stepped on the scale AFTER having a bath (someone on one of the threads last spring mentionned that she got a slightly lower number compared to stepping on the scale before having her shower .... indeed i noticed a 300 grammes difference today !)
am over the moon, am under 70 kg now, 69,7 to be precise
that makes it 153,66 pounds
so a 2 kg loss for me this week
hoping i can keep it up !
it's a relatively "simple" eating plan, i don't get hungry ... but ... am not eating quite the same as the rest of my family, which i find a bit hard
(also what is hard on my is "saying no" on social occasion = Saturday a week ago, i litteraly pigged out at a buffet full of junk food ....
this afternoon i'm going to a group talk & i know there will be a whole platefull of cookies in the middle of the table...
tomorrow evening i'm going to another group talk at dinner time, they provide pizzas,which i don't want to eat, so in order to not look nor feel a-social ... last time i braught a baked 6 eggs omelette with a grated carrot and half a grated zucchini in it, to share ....)
and i don't know why the coconut oil "works" (i started using it because i have had gut issues - you don't want to know the details if it's meal time for you right now ....lol) but it does, provided that i don't eat any starch (so no rice, potatoes, pasta, pizza, bread, etc ....), i don't eat any sugar either (but i eat 2 or 3 pieces of fruit a day), i don't eat dairy either.
typically for a meal, what i eat is a small portion of protein topped with one teaspoon full of coconut oil
as well as a large portion of vegetables topped with one tablespoon full of coconut oil
I like salt, no, i love salt actually .... and find it difficult to do without so i do use salt on my vegetables, maybe more even than an average person
(... and i still lost all that weight this week, it's something to do with long chain fatty acids or something in the coconut oil ....)
i also try to eat one mixed salad a day (the base is a raw stuff, spinach leaves or salad or grated whatever i have on hand , plus either sprouted lentils or sprouted mungo beans, + i add whatever steamed veggies left over from the previous day)
when i have the time i use my blender to make soup (am presently defrosting some frozen spinach and green beans, will liquidize them and then heat it up .... and add a tablespoon of coconut oil in my bowl)
for breakfast i make a variation of the Budwig cream (to deal with my gut problems) since it gives me a "raw" breakfast = i whizz one table spoon of buckwheat in a coffee grinder, add the juice of half a lemon (this is a crucial step, for the digestion of the raw buckwheat), then a teaspoon of almond paste, a teaspoon of walnut oil, half a mashed banana and either berries (frome my freezer) or i (more often) grate one apple (with the fine grinder)
now, in the past, i wasn't able to last too many weeks on the coconut oil diet ...
am really hoping "i'll be good this coming week" (baby steps, one week at a time !!!) and will not fall in the trap of eating starch or sugar or milk ......
psychologically, there seem to be something that has changed in me, i don't know what or why but i do hope i'll keep on loosing weight from now on .... and no longer fall in the trap of emotional eating (10 years ago already i was planning to NOT be "fat and fourty" .... so now that i'm neary my 50th birthday, i really really would like to loose my excess weight ....until now, there was always something that cropped up and caused my plans to crumble miserably ...)post #232 of 3464/29/13 at 4:14ampost #233 of 3464/29/13 at 5:23am
I am STILL at 213. I didn't get to the gym all week. Funeral, more late nights, general sad feelings...blah blah blah.
I tried to get motivated to get back on schedule this morning but I just couldn't do it. I'm inclined to blame it on the caffeine consumption over the past week. I normally don't drink very much, but I've had several Diet Dr Peppers and I know it is affecting my sleep and making it hard to get up in the morning. :(post #234 of 3464/29/13 at 6:35ampost #235 of 3464/29/13 at 7:52am
Managed to squeak in .5# loss this week. That can be bad because now I'm thinking, "Hey, now I can have a huge bag of dark chocolate pretzels every week!" Yeah, um, no......
I'll do my austere day today to kick the week off in a good way. Still haven't been getting my walks in, though cleaning up every @#$$%! toy in the house wasn't so easy!post #236 of 3464/29/13 at 7:53ampost #237 of 3464/29/13 at 7:57am
150.5 this morning. I didn't get in any workouts last week, arghhh.... and I ate bad. I am going to San Diego next week and want to focus this week so I can be a little more flexible next week. Ran this morning already! DH and I are going to run every day with the kids in the stroller. Good luck everyone.post #238 of 3464/29/13 at 9:33ampost #239 of 3464/29/13 at 9:43ampost #240 of 3464/29/13 at 10:06am
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-Pack
- › ~~~~2013 Low Income Support Thread~~~~ 1 minute ago
- › new here and First Time Mom- looking for mom groups 1 minute ago
- › Pregnancy Journal: Mindful Eating 1 minute ago
- › my baby got too cold last night...will she be ok? 3 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 11 minutes ago
- › Has your kid taken the talent search exam for the CTD's NUMATS? 12 minutes ago
- › Not so good news- enlarged yolk sac 12 minutes ago
- › Into the 2nd Trimester! 13 minutes ago
- › Eastern Shore, pregnant, what are my options? 13 minutes ago
- › First Appointments 14 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo