Yes SweetSilver, I know it's hard but eventually you won't crave those bad foods as much, I promise! I found that allowing myself some sweets (or whatever I crave) makes me eat without guilt (nobody wants that) and satisfy me without over indulging. You can do it!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Workout DVDs for an uncoordinated, very out of shape beginner? Last post on 3/12/14 at 9:55am in Fitness and Weight Management
- Veg dieters: what does a typical day look like for you? Last post on 2/5/14 at 6:04pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Do you have a weight loss resolution? Last post on 1/17/14 at 6:34am in Fitness and Weight Management
- 1001 MINUTES CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR!!! Last post on 1/28/14 at 4:14am in Fitness and Weight Management
- Sprinting joyfully into October - the Dingo thread Last post on 11/1/13 at 10:42am in Fitness and Weight Management
One, Two, Three...Sing and Do Yoga With Me!
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-PackLast edited: 8/2/13
- Making Peace With My BodyLast edited: 6/21/13
- 5 Elements for Healthy LivingLast edited: 4/15/13
- Baby and YouLast edited: 1/26/11
No Fooling! 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 8.0 (enrolling through April 3, starts... - Page 16post #301 of 3465/13/13 at 9:09ampost #302 of 3465/13/13 at 9:10ampost #303 of 3465/13/13 at 11:37ampost #304 of 3465/13/13 at 5:55pmpost #305 of 3465/14/13 at 6:20am
So yesterday I was so glad to be where I was that I thought I could take a break from my diet. Wrong. Is it possible to gain 2.5lbs overnight? Also I finally have my periods, please tell me it has something to do with that! Need to get back on track on start planning meals again. RIGHT NOW! (starting by putting some quinoa on the stove, completely spaced out to soak the chickpeas last night).post #306 of 3465/14/13 at 6:47ampost #307 of 3465/14/13 at 7:29pmpost #308 of 3465/14/13 at 11:33pmpost #309 of 3465/15/13 at 9:07ampost #310 of 3465/15/13 at 5:42pmpost #311 of 3465/15/13 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jaxy
So yesterday I was so glad to be where I was that I thought I could take a break from my diet. Wrong. Is it possible to gain 2.5lbs overnight? Also I finally have my periods, please tell me it has something to do with that! Need to get back on track on start planning meals again. RIGHT NOW! (starting by putting some quinoa on the stove, completely spaced out to soak the chickpeas last night).
I gain about 5 lbs right before and during my period. Once it's over, my weight drops.post #312 of 3465/15/13 at 9:16pm
Well that's good to hear! I'll have to wait til tomorrow to see if it's back to normal, but I measured my waist and lost 1 and a half inch since last week! So hey, that's that that's good. hehe
Amandamarie you seem to be going thru a difficult time right now... I'm sending you some positive energy, wish you to get well and fast! I don't know in what shape your ankles are but it must be certainly rough on them to skate...post #313 of 3465/16/13 at 7:56ampost #314 of 3465/16/13 at 11:44ampost #315 of 3465/16/13 at 2:02pmThread Starter
newmamalizzy, don't give up. what can you try this week to help get you below your starting weight?
C is for Cookie, wow that would be a tough situation. My grandpa is a hoarder and after my grandma died in 1999 his house has filled so much that he barely has room to sleep on his king size bed and sit in a chair next to the table to eat. I hope you can get your degree done as fast as possible and get yourself moved to a different area.
Sweetsilver, yep, rebook and try again another day. You can do it!
Jaxy, I have gained 2.5 pounds overnight from having too much salt in the food I eat. Usually I get to a more normal salt consumption level, and everything evens out again.
Woodchick, glad you are all moved in. Yep slow and steady wins at the weight loss game and usually keeps it off better.
Amandamarie, I hope your doctor appointment goes well.
AFM, I have all the weights submitted so far. I just need to finish calculating the overall losses. Will post the chart after awhile. Hope today was a good day for everyone.post #316 of 3465/20/13 at 1:07am
my last weigh in is 69kg exactly, so 152.1 lb
considering i consumed a certain amount of not so nutritionally sound food during the night (to aleviate some stress) am not so un-happy with my end results
and i should hoepfully get the chance to have someone watch over my little one in the paddling pool in the afternoon so that i can go and swim one km in the deep pool .... & probably going to do some more walking during the day ... when does the next challenge start ????? i still have at least 10 kg - 20 lb to shed !!!!!
SO many thanks Lilacvioletiris for keeping us motivated with your comments and tab checking .....post #317 of 3465/20/13 at 5:27am
I'm here, checking in at 211.
Considering the stress of the past weeks: funerals, wakes, selling a house, moving everything into storage, finding temporary housing, moving in, homeschooling, life living, etc... I'm not too disappointed. Things are doing in the down direction, albeit slowly!
I echo IsaFrench! Thank you, lilacvioletiris, for your dedication, even as your life changes! I have found being a part of these challenges to be very helpful, as simple as they are!post #318 of 3465/20/13 at 5:34ampost #319 of 3465/20/13 at 6:14am
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-Pack
- › Vaccination and Sexism in the Media 3 minutes ago
- › 12 year old boy is weepy. Causes? 3 minutes ago
- › Can you freeze tofu? 3 minutes ago
- › Weaning Nearly 3 Year Old 4 minutes ago
- › Weight gain Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Irrational fears, anyone? 6 minutes ago
- › Natural Sinus Relief? 6 minutes ago
- › Adoption/Foster/Starting Out Chit Chatty Thread Extravaganza 2014 7 minutes ago
- › A pediatrician's different perspective on why he doesn't accept... 7 minutes ago
- › The 0.3% according to Voices For Vaccines 8 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Melanie Mayo
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by Melanie Mayo
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild