1. Where did you grow up?
Nacogdoches, TX (Small town East Texas) in an old house with no heat/ac. It was pretty hot in the summers! :)
2. What is your favorite place you've lived and why?
My hometown was nice, I do love where we live now too: Lindale, TX (another small town East TX), but I'd have to say the one year I lived in a bus touring the US with a youth ministry.
3. What is your education in (degrees, certifications, skill training, etc.)?
I have an associate of science in Film Production and I am also a certified birth/postpartum doula through Childbirth International.
4. What is the last job you held prior to becoming a mother?
Working at Starbucks and being a promotional model.
5. If you work now, what do you do specifically? If you stay at home, what are a few things you do every week with the kids and around the house?
I am a birth doula & birth photographer, so every few weeks I'm called out in the middle of the night to go help mamas have babies. Plus all the prenatal/postpartum meetings. I also stay at home with the three kiddos, homeschooling them! So my day is anything from teaching math to cooking to cleaning to birth to photo editing! I need a lot of patience and a large dose of God's grace!
6. Do you consider yourself religious, spiritual, philosophical, etc.? If so, how would you describe your beliefs and/or traditions?
I am a follower of Jesus, so I try my best to live like He does. My motto is "Love God, Love People". :) I was raised quite different from Christianity, but found my way there in high school.
7. List two things you know a lot about:
Birth and Lord of the Rings (lol, huge Tolkien fan!)
8. List three things you love to do:
1. Read, Read Read, 2. Be out in nature, relaxing 3. Sing
9. Do you currently adhere to a special kind of diet? If so, what and why?
I am a vegetarian, just because I was raised that way since birth! Funnily, I have tried all sorts of weird meats like zebra and kudu in Africa.
10. What is your favorite form of exercise?
Currently doing exercise DVDs in my own because of the convenience!
11. If you could change anything about your current life, what would it be?
Really just my own attitude about things, know what I mean? If I had endless patience and contentment despite circumstances, everything would be great! ;)
12. Name one goal for this summer:
Find a way to pay for a midwife.
13. If you could magically have all the training and skills necessary for a different profession, what would you want to do & why?
I love my work, but I'd add writing books to the list- someday, when the kids are much older or grown!
14. Name one thing on your bucket list:
Go to New Zealand!!!
15. Do you have a random talent? Explain:
Eek.. I have no idea! Sorry y'all!
16. Describe two family traditions you practice (these could be daily, weekly, monthly, or annually):
I like to write letters to my kids on their birthdays - just telling them how much I loved seeing them grow the past year and blessing them. Often (not sure about consistency) we like to play the What I Love About ___ game where we bless each member of our family with our words.
17. What color makes you feel good and why?
Blues, love how peaceful the are.
18. Assign 2 adjectives (positive or negative!) to each of your children, your partner, and the 2 most common adjectives you hear about yourself from others:
Tor (almost 6): Insatiable Hunger to Learn; Communicative
Zion (3): Sweetly Spirited; Determined
Enoch (16 months): Cuddly; Jokester
DH: Techie; Demonstative
Myself: Truthful; Bookworm
19. Name a book, movie, song, or other piece of art that really speaks to you and tell us why:
I love the Lord of the Rings series. Its hard to describe why they mean so much to me. I can lose myself in those books, each time I read them they reflect a more carefree time in my Life somehow.
20. Describe the meal/recipe that you eat most frequently and why you eat it so frequently:
Black Bean Tacos. Easy and delicious!