1. Where did you grow up? In a small, rural town in Missouri. I'm about an hour from KC.
2. What is your favorite place you've lived and why? Well, I've never lived anywhere else before, always in the same town. I didn't go away from college, I lived with my parents my first year and then got married. So, my favorite was my home with DH and the girls. We just moved out over the weekend, but it was the only place I've lived that was mine.
3. What is your education in (degrees, certifications, skill training, etc.)? I have a B.S. in Child and Family Development.
4. What is the last job you held prior to becoming a mother? I was working part time at a before/after school child care place. They really screwed me over and basically asked me not to come back after I gave birth, but worded it in such a way that made it my idea. I was pretty pissed off at the time, but since I was only part time there wasn't much I could do about it. They didn't want to hold my job for me while I was recovering from birth.
5. If you work now, what do you do specifically? If you stay at home, what are a few things you do every week with the kids and around the house? I do work, part time. I teach preschool at a local Lutheran school on Mon, Wed, Fri. On Tues and Thurs I baby sit a couple of kids for a friend of mine.
6. Do you consider yourself religious, spiritual, philosophical, etc.? If so, how would you describe your beliefs and/or traditions? I think of myself as spiritual more than religious, but I regularly attend the Catholic church where I was raised. I actually find the longer I teach in the Lutheran setting, the stronger my Catholic beliefs become.
7. List two things you know a lot about: I know a lot about teaching methods in the early childhood setting. I'm completely restructuring the preschool program at my school, so I have become well-studied in this area! I also know a lot about cloth diapers, even though I don't CD anymore.
8. List three things you love to do: I love to read, I love wine, and I love hosting get-togethers for our friends.
9. Do you currently adhere to a special kind of diet? If so, what and why? No special diets here.
10. What is your favorite form of exercise? I had been exercising three times a week up until recently. I've just been too busy with moving, planning a fundraiser at work, and trying to survive the end of the school year, so I have gotten away from it the last couple of weeks. I loved my routine though. I started with some cardio on the treadmill to wake up, moved onto toning work outs, and finished on the eliptical. I really like the eliptical and would love to get one of my own. I was going to my MIL's because she has a whole gym setup in her basement. She does some personal training for her job.
11. If you could change anything about your current life, what would it be? We would be moving into our own new home instead of moving in with my parents.
12. Name one goal for this summer: Oh, I have lots of goals this summer. My classroom is being completely updated, so my main goal is to get that set up just right. I also want to get a head start on the school year, but planning themes for each month of the school year and gathering materials for each theme. We also have a goal of how much money we need to save this summer to be able to buy the house we want.
13. If you could magically have all the training and skills necessary for a different profession, what would you want to do & why? I think I would do something creative. I love the idea of working in advertising. I always thought it would be fun to work behind the scenes in film or television... production or something like that. When I started college, my major was English and if I had stuck with that, I planned to go the advertising route. But, that would have required a move from here for my family in order for me to make any decent living, and DH and I just weren't willing to leave where we live.
14. Name one thing on your bucket list: The only big thing on my bucket list is to be running a learning center with my two best friends, whom I graduated college with. We've always dreamed of having our own place. We each have our own specialties in the field and so many ideas of our own. Maybe one day...
15. Do you have a random talent? Explain: Hmmm... not that I'm talentless, but this one is a toughy. I was in color guard in high school, and to this day I can spin a rifle hundreds of times without dropping it.
16. Describe two family traditions you practice (these could be daily, weekly, monthly, or annually): 1. Dyeing Easter eggs at my sister's with all the cousins. The kids always have such a great time and get really creative. 2. Inviting the in-laws over to watch the girls open their presents on Christmas, then sharing Christmas breakfast with them.... We have a lot of traditions, but those are the first two that come to mind.
17. What color makes you feel good and why? Well, my favorite color is green. It's just a soothing color that signifies life and rebirth to me. However, I smile anytime I see blue right now, because it's DD1's favorite color and she talks about it all the time.