or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › Vaccinations Debate › New study shows no connection between full vaccine schedule and autism.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New study shows no connection between full vaccine schedule and autism. - Page 2

post #21 of 148

As i said I was skimming... do you see a chart showing children broken down by number of antigens received? Is there any children listen in a zero group?(i am on my tablet and not going to attempt to open the pdf on here.)

post #22 of 148
Thread Starter 
You should check it out when you're back at computer. They have several graphs breaking down the distribution of antigen exposure.

Looks like they also examined thimerosal exposure as a secondary analysis and found no relationship.
post #23 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

Well, now that we've explained that the conclusion of the study is not at all what your thread title says it is, what would you like to do about it?

Still waiting for an answer.  After all, you DID (rather snarkily) say, 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

I'm sure folks will come along and explain how that's not what it means at all
 

And then you admitted that both the title of your thread and the article did not match the conclusion of the study itself:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

Yeah when I wrote the original thread title, Kathy, the full study hadn't come out yet I was going based on the article. The study is definitely limited in scope to the concept of "too many too soon".
 

So what would you like to do now?  Would you like to change the title of your thread?

 

And do you have any comment on the fact that the study ADMITTED the possibility that some autism cases may be related to vaccines? "It can be argued that ASD with regression, in which children usually lose developmental skills during the second year of life, could be related to exposures in infancy, including vaccines..."

 

Or do you prefer to leave the title of your thread as is, which may mislead readers in to wrongly believing that the "new study shows no connection between the full autism schedule and autism?"

post #24 of 148

Okay... on page 4 I am seeing three charts called Distribution of total cumulative antigen exposure among asd cases and controls, by age range

 

0 - 3 months there were 48 and 42 percent in the 0-25 range, next when they include up to 7 months it drops to 0 and 1 percents, and lastly when it groups 0 to 2 years the number in the zero to 25 group is totally zero.

 

So what am I missing? Where would unvaccinated children receive antigens that would place them in higher level groups by the age of two?

post #25 of 148
Thread Starter 
Sorry, I wasn't intending to claim that a large proportion of unvaccinated children were included. Just challenging the assumption that they weren't. It would be unusual for that percentage to be higher than it is in the overall population, which is a fraction of a percent. What I do see is evidence that a variety of schedules were used, including some delayed schedules.
post #26 of 148
Quote:
Just challenging the assumption that they weren't.

 

Based on the Zero to Two chart showing no children with zero antigens, I think it is safe to assume that this was a study of vaccinated children, possibly on varying schedules.

post #27 of 148
Thread Starter 
Well now that you've actually checked, yes.
post #28 of 148
Quote:
Well now that you've actually checked, yes

 

nm

post #29 of 148

Dr. Sear's response to the study:

 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dr-Bob-Sears/116317855073374?ref=ts&fref=ts

 

I found it quite interesting.

post #30 of 148
Wow. I didn't realize how much I love Dr. Sears until now. Thanks for the link, nia82!
post #31 of 148
Yes, thanks for the sears link! He sums up the obvious major flaw in the study quite nicely.
post #32 of 148
Double post.

But did anyone catch the very brief blurb on NPR about this ridiculous study? The media are eating this drivel up, unfortunately. I hope the voices of intelligent dissent will chime in and be heard.
post #33 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

And now I'm more convinced than ever that he's a nit wit.

Those who resort to name-calling lose the debate.

post #34 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

Well, some of us actually have children at home today, so it's not like we have unlimited time to search for and analyze studies, let alone post 20 times a day.

 

 

ROTFLMAO.gifROTFLMAO.gifROTFLMAO.gifROTFLMAO.gif

post #35 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyanydots View Post

Double post.

But did anyone catch the very brief blurb on NPR about this ridiculous study? The media are eating this drivel up, unfortunately. I hope the voices of intelligent dissent will chime in and be heard.

I've often heard about how all the unintellegncia in the US are listening to NPR (sarcasm).

Actually I agree this study seems a bit disappointing. But I also think no matter how convincing it was we'd be here debating it in the same way.
post #36 of 148
Thread Starter 
I think the study has value for people who are trying to decide whether to delay, how many vaccines are ok at once, etc. not so much for people who think one vaccine is too many, obviously. No one study is ever going o have all the pieces.
post #37 of 148
I disagree that the study has value. In my opinion it shows nothing! Therefore, it serves only to overwhelm and confuse those making their decisions.
post #38 of 148
Thread Starter 
You're certainly entitled to your opinion.
post #39 of 148
Gee, thanks! I'm thinking of going to the bathroom in a few minutes. Do I have your approval for that, too?


You know, you seem to need to have the last word. Really! Giving me permission to have an opinion that differs from yours! That comes across as ego-centric. Is that your intention? If not, consider allowing an opinion to be posted without comment, if you've already given your opinion. It's that kind of reply that gives the impression that you're getting paid. Just some friendly info.
post #40 of 148
Thread Starter 
What in the world?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Vaccinations Debate
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › Vaccinations Debate › New study shows no connection between full vaccine schedule and autism.