I just found out that due to financial troubles we most likely will not be moving to our "new" home in MA as soon as the remodeling is complete this summer. We will have to rent that home and continue living in our current home which we are trying to sell but I do not think will be sold before this baby comes at the end of August. This leaves us with a certain dilemma....
The midwife whom I really know and trust cannot deliver in RI, where I currently live. I had her for my last HB which I had a serious hemorrhage after my placenta detached. She handled the hemorrhage wonderfully which makes me feel very safe to have another HB with her. I know I will hemorrhage again since I did also with my first child whom was a hospital birth. I am stuck deciding weather to find a different MW, one whom is certified as a CNM since that is the only MW whom can practice in RI. The laws have just changed and all the professional MWs practicing in our state were issued cease and desist letters so I think I only have ONE choice.
So I can try and find another MW or I can deliver at my MW's house who is 45 mins away from mine. Another option is having the whole family go on a birthing vacation where we go up to our new house 1 or 2 weeks before I am due and stay there until I deliver. I can deliver at our new house since it wont be rented yet but it is a minimum of 1.5 hrs away. If it is rush hr traffic we could have upwards of at 2.5 hr drive. My last labor was about 2 hrs long and my MW almost did not make it last time. That is why we would have to stay there until the baby comes. The last problem I can think of is that I am due about 1 week before my kids start school at our old house. So If I go a week late then we loose this option of birthing at our new house, we would have to go to my MW's house for the birth.
I feel stuck. I want this MW but I also want a HB not a birth at a different home. :(
Any thoughts on what I should do?
1) Different MW so I can birth at my current house
2) Birth at MW's house 45 mins away
3) Go on a birthing vacation to our new house and hope the baby comes before the kids start school when I am 41wks pregnant.