Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- productFertility (60 Tips)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productFertility and Conception: The Essential Guide to Boosting Your Fertility and Conceiving a Healthy Baby -- From Learning Your Fertility Signals to Adopting a Healthier Lifestyletagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productFertility Demystified: A Self-Teaching Guidetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productFertility Facts (Conceive Magazine Editors)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productFertility Goddess SOVATAtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productFertility indicator Bioselftagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- topicInfertilitytagged by toothfairy2be, 3/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- ~The TTC One Thread Aug 2013~ Last post on 9/4/13 at 11:46pm in Trying To Conceive
- The benefits and risks of freezing your eggs Last post on 9/2/13 at 3:04pm in Natural Parenting News
- HCG & Prog interpretation please? Last post on 5/23/11 at 7:38pm in I'm Pregnant
- Spring IVF - Come and join the journey! Last post on 6/9/11 at 9:09pm in Infertility
- three days late, negative tests Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:00am in Fertility
Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations and Toys - Why Natural...
Last edited: 12/21/13
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...Last edited: 2/7/14
- The Scars Mommy HidesLast edited: 11/18/13
- One Mom's Perspective on Why the New Health Care Reform is VitalLast edited: 12/6/13
- The Things You Should Never, EVER Say to Someone Experiencing...Last edited: 9/6/13
Spring IVF 2013 - Page 10post #181 of 7674/25/13 at 11:42ampost #182 of 7674/25/13 at 2:41pmSourire- I'm excited for your beta tomorrow, too!!!! That'll be exactly 14 dpo (equivalent), right?
Rcr- honestly, this current doc didn't think of the freeze all idea either. I had to point it out to him! But I've read up on it and embryos from cycles like do extremely well in an FET. It seems like a reasonable way to salvage the cycle. . http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8137975/
But as my Doc pointed out, even if we do a retrieval, these are probably poor quality eggs. Thanks asshat. .
Thanks for the SIRM idea. I forgot they had a place in Peoria. But, that's still pretty far from me. I have an appointment at FCI. I knew one of the docs there from all my losses. I think (hope) she'll be willing to do what it takes to conquer this problem.
Edited by Xerxella - 4/25/13 at 2:57pmpost #183 of 7674/25/13 at 3:49pmpost #184 of 7674/25/13 at 5:21pmpost #185 of 7674/25/13 at 5:30pmpost #186 of 7674/25/13 at 6:49pmThread Starterpost #187 of 7674/25/13 at 7:32pmToothfairy the beta is tomorrow!
Tracy how old were your embryos again? Usually to calculate DPO you add number of days since transfer to the age of the embryo. So my transfer was 9 days ago and my embryo was 5 days old so that puts me at 5+9=14dpo.
Today I called and got on the waiting lists for all 3 midwife clinics in my city. It's super hard to get a spot (most people who try don't get in) so the only way anyone has a chance is if you call the minute you find out you're pregnant (and hope you don't have to cancel after). I had to laugh when they asked me for the date of my last period... Because I haven't had a period since January! I just made up a date that would put me at 4 weeks pregnant today. That gives me a due date of January 2nd.post #188 of 7674/25/13 at 9:15pmpost #189 of 7674/26/13 at 6:12ampost #190 of 7674/26/13 at 7:07ampost #191 of 7674/26/13 at 7:16amThread Starterpost #192 of 7674/26/13 at 9:13ampost #193 of 7674/26/13 at 9:19am
xerxella - i want to punch your doctor in the face. RUN far away from him if he is questioning you having more children... obviously he won't be very invested in doing what it takes to get you pregnant. jerk. is the rising progesterone before retrieval a bad sign for implantation or for egg quality? i've not heard of this before but from what i can see here it's something that happens... i want to know more!
tracey - so... what dpo ARE you? when will you be testing?
sourie - can't wait to hear your beta!! i think you had the best reaction to a bfp i've seen yet on mdc :) it really made so excited to read it! a january 2nd due date sounds perfect to me :) did your clinic have you do the two months of lupron as standard procedure for a failed transfer or did you have beta 3 integrin tested? i've seen so many endometriosis women have failed transfers and then test negative for beta 3 integrin, go on lupron, and then have successful pregnancies... and then at the same time I know many REs don't want to bother testing beta 3 integrin but are ok with doing the lupron treatment for it (my RE, for example...) just curious what factored into your REs decision to go this route...
toothfairy - enjoy your wine and the wedding tonight! get good and tipsy... you're going to be back on the no alcohol train again verrrry soon.
afm - had baselines yesterday. the nurse counted "possibly" 7 follicles. she had a bit of time finding them and my ovaries are apparently "very quiet". 7 sounds about right considering my last AFC was 8. I have to admit I was secretly hoping for a surprise 10 or so. but it is what it is. so i think i mentioned here that this is the first time my doctor/clinic is using this particular protocol... it's a CCRM protocol for DOR/poor responders that I brought to my doc and she's been AWESOME about humoring me and doing it my first time out of the gate.... well, we had our first hiccup yesterday. when the nurse ordered my meds she ordered regular strength lupron since the protocol simply stated "20 units of lupron every 12 hours" starting today. but it was really supposed to be microdose/dilutued lupron (since it's a MDL combo protocol)... anyway, i was thisclose to injecting way more lupron into my system than i should and that would have totally screwed up this cycle. thankfully, the nurse caught it yesterday and my doc called me and they did a rush order for the correct amount so i was still able to start injections on time... phew. just one more thing to stress about :) i start stims on sunday and my next appointment is on tuesday. don't expect to see much at that point...post #194 of 7674/26/13 at 9:21ampost #195 of 7674/26/13 at 10:45ampost #196 of 7674/26/13 at 10:56ampost #197 of 7674/26/13 at 11:29amSourire - What a great number!!!!! That's spot on!
indie - I think 7 is a pretty good number! I'm sorry I forget, was this a natural start? About the Progesterone, from the research I've done it seems to only impact implantation. In fact the study I posted showed a better implantation rate for FETs that came from a high progesterone cycle than FETs that came from a low progesterone cycle, but that might be statistically insignificant. High Progesterone impacts the endometrium. I'm still learning about all this but it seems like the endometrium has a life cycle all it's own. And if the endometrium gets out of sync with the age of the embryos there will be no implantation. With the premature rise of progesterone the endometrium gets ahead of the embryos. There's tons of studies on it. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18492365 , http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22417667 , (note nmol/L to ng/mL conversion. ng/mL is what is used in the US. 6 nmol/L = 1.9 ng/mL, 1ng/mL = 3.2 nmol/L) This one explains it best: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2854984/post #198 of 7674/26/13 at 12:08pm
indie - I did not have beta integrin 3 tested (I didn't even know this test existed and they did not mention it to me). Once I was diagnosed with endometriosis, the RE discussed doing a couple of months on Lupron as an option. I have no idea if it's standard or not but he didn't push it super hard. He suggested doing it before my IVF but at the time I declined because I didn't want the delay. Then after my first FET I complained to him that my endometriosis symptoms were getting worse so he suggested it again and this time I agreed. I'm so glad I went ahead with it even if it meant waiting longer for my FET!!! Your doctor sounds really great to go along with your suggestion. So lucky that you didn't inject the wrong dose!post #199 of 7674/26/13 at 12:35pmpost #200 of 7674/26/13 at 1:59pm
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...
- › Felt a movement! 27 seconds ago
- › What are you knitting/crocheting? And share pics? 5 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Gallbladder support during/after pregnancy? 10 minutes ago
- › Birth certificate and proof of pregnancy 19 minutes ago
- › February Chat 21 minutes ago
- › Question about periods and insulin 29 minutes ago
- › Worried about measles in NYC 41 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Cravings 45 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Photo Contest Sponsored by Sacred Pregnancy, Nordic... 50 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo