Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- productFertility (60 Tips)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productFertility and Conception: The Essential Guide to Boosting Your Fertility and Conceiving a Healthy Baby -- From Learning Your Fertility Signals to Adopting a Healthier Lifestyletagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productFertility Demystified: A Self-Teaching Guidetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productFertility Facts (Conceive Magazine Editors)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productFertility Goddess SOVATAtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productFertility indicator Bioselftagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- topicInfertilitytagged by toothfairy2be, 3/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- ~The TTC One Thread Aug 2013~ Last post on 9/4/13 at 11:46pm in Trying To Conceive
- The benefits and risks of freezing your eggs Last post on 9/2/13 at 3:04pm in Natural Parenting News
- HCG & Prog interpretation please? Last post on 5/23/11 at 7:38pm in I'm Pregnant
- Spring IVF - Come and join the journey! Last post on 6/9/11 at 9:09pm in Infertility
- three days late, negative tests Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:00am in Fertility
Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations and Toys - Why Natural...
Last edited: 12/21/13
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...Last edited: 2/7/14
- The Scars Mommy HidesLast edited: 11/18/13
- One Mom's Perspective on Why the New Health Care Reform is VitalLast edited: 12/6/13
- The Things You Should Never, EVER Say to Someone Experiencing...Last edited: 9/6/13
Spring IVF 2013 - Page 17post #322 of 7675/29/13 at 1:03pmThread Starterpost #323 of 7675/29/13 at 1:04pmpost #324 of 7675/29/13 at 3:26pmToothfairy- yay fingers crossed!! Hope all goes well...
Tracy - I used Ganerellix late in my IVF cycle both times. It was easy/prepackaged injections for me- I had more issues with follistim injections (site bruising, etc) than I did with the Ganerellix. My cycles were estrogen (#1) or lupron(#2) primed followed by follistim and then Ganerellix added in to prevent premature ovulation. First cycle had menapur as well as F&G but I reacted poorly to it (headaches, diarrhea, etc...) so second round was follistim + Ganerellix only. I hope all goes well for you this round!!post #325 of 7675/29/13 at 6:09pmpost #326 of 7676/2/13 at 7:07pm
I don't know if any of you remember me, but i wanted to pop in and say congrats to those of you who i knew from the Infertility ONE threads. I noticed that thread has gone quiet and most everyone who was there has moved here. I also wanted to let those of you who do remember me know that i had a medically necessary hysterectomy a week in a half ago. The doctor found SOOOOOO much scar tissue and found that my uterus was completely attached to my bladder with the scar tissue. The scaring had also caused my "good fat" that was supposed to protect my organs to be pushed out of the way. I am already feeling better and back at work. I just wanted to say hi, and congrats and good luck to anyone else still left here. I obviously won't be trying anymore. Love you ladies and thank you all for the encouragement that was sent out to me over the last 3 1/2 years! I really do appreciate it and i probably would have never made it thru without the encouragement from you ladies! <3 you all!!!post #327 of 7676/3/13 at 10:59ampost #328 of 7676/3/13 at 11:38ampost #329 of 7676/3/13 at 1:24pmpost #330 of 7676/5/13 at 10:55am
Well it's pretty quiet around here these days, I guess because nobody is cycling right now! Is anybody starting a cycle soon?
I just had an appointment with my RE this morning. He put me on Lupron again since that worked last time, but I convinced him to do it for only 1 month instead of 2 because delays drive me nuts. So when I get my next AF (probably next week) I start the Lupron, then 4 weeks later I go right into my next FET cycle. I complained to the RE about the horrible side effects I had when I was on Lupron so he put me on hormone replacement therapy as well (estrace + provera) to reduce the side effects.
I also convinced him to order the tests for anti-phospholipid antibodies but I have to wait until 6 weeks after my miscarriage to get that test done so I might not get the results in time to use them on my next FET.post #331 of 7676/5/13 at 11:29am
I can't keep track anymore of what the different drugs do and the reasons for them. I think that the first time I was really interested, then the second time I went with "just blindly obey" and now I don't know what to think.
I'm considering switching to a new RE, there is a new clinic in my city that is taking appointments for the end of July. I guess I'll wait until after my WTF appointment on Tuesday, but the main reason is that I feel like I never want to set foot in that ultrasound room again. Which is probably not the best reason.
Sourire - I hope your next FET is the one. How many frosties do you have?post #332 of 7676/5/13 at 12:56pm
Laggie - I understand the need to change clinics. I actually made an appointment at another clinic but I think I'll cancel it now that my RE agreed to the testing I wanted. Sometimes getting a 2nd opinion can really help find new solutions though. Keep us posted on how your appointment goes!
I still have 5 frozen embryos, but they are day 3 8-cell embryos (my previous 2 FETs were with blasts). Anyways we're planning one transferring just 1 embryo again this time.post #333 of 7676/5/13 at 2:00pmThread StarterI understand wanting a new clinic & new perspective, I dread my first OB ultrasound because of the memory. Also that's why I've put off bloodwork, I just can't take the stress of low beta or progesterone. For now ignorance is bliss. I feel totally normal & although I still have a nagging worry that something's not right, the lack of concrete evidence from blood & ultrasound just lets me push it away & enjoy my vacation. After all, there's nothing I can do either way & it is entirely possible everything is fine. Wait & see I guess. I'll get a bloodtest when I get home on the 10th.post #334 of 7676/5/13 at 2:11pmpost #335 of 7676/5/13 at 2:24pmThread StarterI'm about 4 hours from home in Vermont. Admittedly I've been more reckless activity wise than I may be if I actually felt pregnant. I've been swimming, lugging around my niece & nephew & doing some light hiking. Last time I was so so so careful & look how that turned out. I'm hoping my ease & attitude are sending positive growing energy & endorphins to a growing babe. If it isn't going to work out I firmly believe nothing could've been done to prevent it so I'm as responsibly as possible enjoying my vacation. I'm not drinking or sitting in the hot tub or sauna, just trying to be normal.post #336 of 7676/6/13 at 10:22amToothfairy - I agree that it's probably better to be relaxed than to be super stressed out about doing everything perfectly! And if your pregnancy is meant to be, then I doubt any the stuff you are doing will harm your baby! When you think about all the people who don't even know they're pregnant until much later and do all kind of crazy shit like alcohol, drugs, etc and go on to have healthy babies, I don't think you have anything at all to feel guilty about! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
AFM - DH and I have been naturally TTC this month even though it seems unlikely that it could work. Well my clinic just called and asked me to get a beta done tomorrow (at 9dpo) to make sure my levels are back to 0 after my miscarriage. So in the unlikely event that I did get pregnant naturally this month, I could potentially find out tomorrow when I have my beta! Of course if it is positive my clinic will probably assume that it's from last time I was pregnant so I'm sure there will be a lot of confusion.post #337 of 7676/6/13 at 11:48am
Sourire - you never know, right? I was reading about egg donation yesterday and there was a lady who got pregnant naturally right after a failed donor egg cycle. I was reading through her LONG sig file of treatment after treatment and then whoa! natural pregnancy. I find those stories annoying when other people tell them to me, but they do give me some faint hope.
I was supposed to do a HPT last Thursday to confirm that I am not pregnant (wtf is up with that?) but I didn't do it, it seems ridiculous and I really don't need another reason to burst into tears.
toothfairy - lots of healthy baby vibes to you! I understand wanting to hold off on getting too excited.
I get really annoyed by the "don't lift anything, don't do housework" etc instructions that the fertility clinics give. And then when I have a miscarriage they say "nothing you did could have caused it." Well, which is it? It can't possibly be both and I think it's awful. I do think the activity restrictions are nothing but superstition, and that seems like the last thing you want to hear from a doctor. I wouldn't run a marathon or anything, but who can get through a day without lifting 10 pounds? My purse probably weighs 10 pounds ffs.
Okay, obviously I'm still bitter. I just made plans for go-karting and hot tubbing on the weekend. Maybe doing all the things a pregnant lady can't will make me feel better.post #338 of 7676/6/13 at 11:55am
This seems to be our most recent list? I know it's way out of date, but I didn't want to move anybody.
Spring IVF Members
COPY AND PASTE INTO THREAD WITH ANY UPDATES
Kewpie80 Me:PCOS Him:Vericocele, low motility, low morphology. Currently gathering information and funds for next fresh cycle. 2 Embies currently on ice.
Silverbird Two failed IVF and now waiting to see what life holds for me.
toothfairy2be (27) TTC#1 Since Nov 2009. Endometriosis & Anti-Thyroid Antibodies, low-side AMH. LAP March 2012. Tried Clomid/Femara/Gonal-F and 4 IUIs. First IVF successful Jan 2013 ended in m/c & d/c at 10w. Natural cycle FET planned for May 2013.
tracyamber Failed FET February 2013 second FET April 22,2013
Xerxella - After many losses, I've gotten old. We're trying IVF to overcome DOR and hormonal imbalances.
Laggie - severe MFI. Two IVF miscarriages. Not sure what is next - will keep trying until the end of 2013.
Currently doing IVF/FET:
Sourirepost #339 of 7676/6/13 at 12:22pmLaggie - haha you made me laugh with your 10 pound purse. Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun. What I do for fun nowadays is eat tons of sugar so I can be on a constant sugar high haha. It makes me feel good.
I've been meaning to update the list but I can't bring myself to take my name off the BFP list because it depresses the crap out of me. But I simultaneously hate the fact that my name is still on there. Arg! If anyone else wants to move me I'd be gratefulpost #340 of 7676/6/13 at 10:10pm
Just popping in to say hi...I had no idea so much conversation was going on. I got no emails! Anyway,Laggie that is an old list but I too am feeling discouraged these days and even though I will be doing another FET in July I feel like I don't even want to tell anyone the date or when I am on the tww or anything. I think in a way I am grieving that this really is our last chance and it may not happen. Sourie, thanks for the info on the other thread!
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Did your p/g symptoms reduce with subsequent pregnancies? 4 minutes ago
- › Anyone doing house makeovers?! Already Nesting?? 4 minutes ago
- › How you know you have "Pregnancy Brain" 5 minutes ago
- › upsetting appointment 5 minutes ago
- › Tick/ lyme disease danger at school! 5 minutes ago
- › do some babies not like EC? 7 minutes ago
- › milestones 7 minutes ago
- › 9-10DPO AF Due on the 18th 10 minutes ago
- › converting an arms reach into a friendlier sidecar 10 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild