Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- productFertility (60 Tips)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productFertility and Conception: The Essential Guide to Boosting Your Fertility and Conceiving a Healthy Baby -- From Learning Your Fertility Signals to Adopting a Healthier Lifestyletagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productFertility Demystified: A Self-Teaching Guidetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productFertility Facts (Conceive Magazine Editors)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productFertility Goddess SOVATAtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productFertility indicator Bioselftagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- topicInfertilitytagged by toothfairy2be, 3/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- ~The TTC One Thread Aug 2013~ Last post on 9/4/13 at 11:46pm in Trying To Conceive
- The benefits and risks of freezing your eggs Last post on 9/2/13 at 3:04pm in Natural Parenting News
- HCG & Prog interpretation please? Last post on 5/23/11 at 7:38pm in I'm Pregnant
- Spring IVF - Come and join the journey! Last post on 6/9/11 at 9:09pm in Infertility
- three days late, negative tests Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:00am in Fertility
Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations and Toys - Why Natural...
Last edited: 12/21/13
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...Last edited: 2/7/14
- The Scars Mommy HidesLast edited: 11/18/13
- One Mom's Perspective on Why the New Health Care Reform is VitalLast edited: 12/6/13
- The Things You Should Never, EVER Say to Someone Experiencing...Last edited: 9/6/13
Spring IVF 2013 - Page 35post #681 of 7679/27/13 at 4:31pmpost #682 of 7679/28/13 at 3:35pmSo hi again. It's been about a year since I cycled and posted here with my first IVF. I have been sorta ghosting for a few months, stalking the threads. All the names most familiar to me are in the IVF graduates thread. I am not a super prolific poster but I am 4 days post transfer of my one and only Blast. So trying to stay calm and thinking if all goes well I might be a bit more active.post #683 of 7679/28/13 at 8:55pmpost #684 of 7679/30/13 at 8:45am
Laggie - Sorry about the BFN. But congrats on making the decision to use donor eggs. For me, once I accepted it, things got much easier. Have you heard of the parents via egg donor forum? There is a woman there who owns a business (IVF traveler), who I emailed a few times when I was considering going abroad for a donor egg cycle. She sent me a spreadsheet of lists of clinics and their success rates and costs, etc. She has a business organizing IVF treatment abroad, but she sent out the spreadsheet to me for free and was really helpful, even though I was upfront that I was not going to actually use her services. You may want to check with her about your clinic - she seems to know a lot about clinics abroad, and may be able to tell you if it is too good to be true.post #685 of 7679/30/13 at 10:30am
Thanks rcr, I'll check out those leads. It's so great to see your little ticker moving right along! 30 weeks!
I hadn't thought much about embryo donation since it's very difficult in Canada, but it might be possible abroad.
Donor Egg in Greece will cost 5000 Euros, with travel expenses I think it will be about the same as a regular IVF cycle here in Canada (about $12,000). I'd like to treat it as a vacation but I don't know if it will feel like one.post #686 of 76710/3/13 at 1:48pmLaggie - I didn't realize egg and embryo donation was so difficult in Canada. I did some quick research and saw that it's illegal! I didn't know that! I always think Canada is more liberal than the US, but maybe not on this topic. I know it's a complicated topic. I wish it would be easier for you. I would still imagine that embryo donation would be cheaper then egg donation even in another country, but I've never looked into it to find out. Good luck whatever you decide.
KeliG - Welcome I hope you'll post and let us join you in your journey wherever it leads. (And hopefully it'll lead directly to the IVF graduates thread!)
RCR, tracy and EOE :
AFM - I had the planning appointment with the doc on Monday. And the endometrial scratch procedure on Tuesday with a look at the uterus (fine). We'll do the same plan we did last time, except this time we'll do a fresh transfer! Crazy exciting that this could actually be it. We'll be doing an antagonist protocol with a natural start. We'll be using HGH, Follistim, Menopur and then Ganirelix and then the 10,000 iu HCG trigger. We'll also do intralipids before and after transfer and I'll be doing Lovenox from about cd6 onwards. I just ovulated last weekend, so I'll be starting meds about Monday, October 14th and retrieval will be about Saturday, October 26th. If we have 3 or less embryos we'll do a 3 day transfer and put them all back. If we have 4 or more, we'll do a 5 day transfer and put back the 3 worst.post #687 of 76710/3/13 at 9:51pmHi Xerella
Congrats on your up and coming transfer. I will be thinking super positive thoughts for this cycle.
Hey, why if you have four or more will you put back the worst and make it a 5 day? How did you come to this plan? Just curious . And how many more children would you like to add to your family? Just curious.
I am super crazy these days and got my period exactly like before. I feel good physically and feeling like should we try this one more time with donor embryos? I am just grieving i think and wishing I could open my front door and have babies waiting for me that are mine.post #688 of 76710/4/13 at 6:04amLaggie - donor eggs and a trip to Greece sounds pretty exciting!
Xerxella - wishing you the best of luck for your upcoming cycle. You're very brave to transfer 3 embryos at a time though I guess given your history your risk of having triplets is not as high as mine would be!
Tracy - I hope that no matter what you decide you'll have a baby to love soon.
KeliG - congrats on being PUPO! I hope you get some good news very soon!post #689 of 76710/4/13 at 6:20amTracy- I wouldn't hesitate to do donor embryos. But I could see how it's be a different opinion when you're sitting there staring at the options. And, of course, keep trying on your own. There's always that % that get pregnant naturally after ivf.
I've struggled with all the moral questions of ivf and decided for my peace of mind I'd give every embryo a chance. Thats why I would've transferred any that weren't good enough to freeze the last 2 times. I figure the best quality ones have the best chance in the freezer, so I should transfer the worst 3 fresh. Plus that makes me less scared of triplets. If they're all equally excellent, I'll just transfer 2.
Overall, I'd love to have as many kids as I can. I'm hopefully the 7 in the freezer will give us 1 or 2 children. At my age 50% of blastocysts are chromosonally abnormal and only about 50% of normals make it to baby.
Sourire- I don't think at my age with my history that 3 is any risk of triplets. I'd be shocked if we even got twins.
Edited by Xerxella - 10/4/13 at 6:36ampost #690 of 76710/9/13 at 6:57pmpost #691 of 76710/10/13 at 12:39pmpost #692 of 76710/10/13 at 1:14pm
I'm just waiting for my cycle to start so I can move on to the injections. I am having a really weird cycle though (I still Chart) My pre O temps were higher than normal, my post O temps lower and 7-9DPO my temp dropped to the coverline and I was super crampy thought I was going to wake up with af today, but my temp is back up. I'm due for AF sometime between Sun and Tues. My LP has not settled in since getting my cycle back it has been between 12 and 14 days. 12, 12, 12, 14, 13, & ?
DH got the job in MD but decided not to take it. Sooo soon he will be transitioning into taking over his father's business. This will make ttc much easier on me, and save us the cost of freezing the goods.post #693 of 76710/10/13 at 8:24pm
stretch - sorry, it's been so long since I did any charting that I don't really remember much about how it works. I hope you get to start your cycle soon though! Not that starting injections is any fun, but waiting is worse.
Xerxella - you must be looking forward to finally transferring some embryos. I don't know how you stay so logical about it, I wouldn't have the patience to freeze them all and wait until later. Are you doing PGD? (sorry, I don't remember)
Becky - Welcome back? I know nobody wants to be back...
tracy - I know what you mean, I would consider donor embryos if they were available to me. A baby on the doorstep would be even better though.
KeliG - Hi! Did you have your beta yet?
AFM - egg donation isn't illegal in Canada, but paying for it is illegal, so it's normally only done between friends and family. You can buy eggs from the US, but my clinic is charging $20K for that, and you get 6 frozen eggs. I do have a friend who offered, but she is 37 and it would cost more to do that than to do the Greek donor, so I think I'm better off with somebody younger. It was incredible of her to offer though, and she has such a cute kid it's tempting.
I've been having a dull aching/cramping feeling in my lower abdomen for the past few weeks. Do you think it could be related to the last IUI I did in September? I would think that if it was an infection, it would hurt more, but it's weird cramps that aren't going away. No fever or other symptoms, and I'm definitely not pregnant. OTOH, I'm also afraid it could be celiac disease. My sister has it and so does my grandma. I'm afraid the doctor will think I'm a hypochondriac if I go in and say that...post #694 of 76710/14/13 at 2:34pmStretch- Did you get your period? Are your temps still high? You know what I'm thinking.
Laggie- I'd get it checked out and rule out celiac. Especially because you have a family history and it can be a cause of miscarriage. Or just cut out gluten on your own and see how you feel.
AFM- my period hit Thursday. The baseline was Friday, everything looked good and I started stims. I had a check today and I have 14 follicles growing!!! That's great for me. One is at 11 and all the rest are 10 and under, so they don't give specific measurements for them. My next check is Wednesday.post #695 of 76710/14/13 at 7:23pmpost #696 of 76710/15/13 at 8:25ampost #697 of 76710/16/13 at 11:05amSourire - 10 weeks!!! Wow. Time flies. I checked out your blog. That sucks about the day and night morning sickness. ((Hugs)). It's no fun even if you asked for it! :P
Stretch- I think just about every doc puts their ivf patients on progesterone after transfer anyways. So if you have low progesterone it really doesn't matter since they'll be supplementing it anyways. And if you're doing a natural cycle or IUI just ask for it. I've found that docs give progesterone away pretty freely. How did your appointment go?
AFM - eh. It's not as good as my last cycle, but better than my first. I've got about 6 good follicles in the running and a few smaller ones that may or may not join the party. They are 14.5, 12, 10 and 9 on my right and 12, 10 and 6 on my left with 6 smaller ones between the 2 sides. In good news my lining is already an 8.8. Estrogen is at 187. My next check is Friday.
Update: On Friday the same follicles were growing. They are now 17, 17, 15.5, 12.5, 12, 11, 11. But my linings at 11, so that's good.
Edited by Xerxella - 10/18/13 at 6:11ampost #698 of 76710/18/13 at 9:24ampost #699 of 76710/18/13 at 1:22pm
Oh, they went away the day after I called the nurse about them (of course). She wanted me to go in for my beta, I assume to rule out an ectopic... but I'm pretty sure that would have been a sharp pain, this was just an ache. And it's gone now, so I don't want to do the stupid beta test. I had a completely normal period, and no spotting or bleeding since.
Now I just have to figure out how to get them to do the satellite monitoring for our egg donor cycle in Greece. My doctor said he would do it at no charge, but then I sent him the forms from the other clinic (twice) and now he's ignoring me. So I might have to go elsewhere - there is another clinic in town, where we went for a second opinion a few months ago, so I might just go there. We need to get our flights booked, we'll be in Greece over Christmas holidays.post #700 of 76710/19/13 at 6:29amLaggie- That's so soon!!! That's awesome!!! So do you have any more details yet? I'm so excited for you!
RCR - how's everything going? I guess I'll have to stalk you on the graduates thread. :P.
AFM- I trigger on Tuesday for a retrieval on Thursday. My estrogen stalled and then only rose to 860, so that's not good, but it is what it is. I have 7 good follies in the running, so hopefully somebody (or 2 or 3) will make it to a 3 day transfer that'll be Sunday.
Update - So, on Thursday I got 9 eggs at retrieval! That's a good number for me! If there's 3 or less, we'll do a transfer on Sunday.
Edited by Xerxella - 10/24/13 at 2:48pm
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...
- › March Chat/Vent 27 seconds ago
- › organizing before baby comes... 53 seconds ago
- › Weight gain Part II 1 minute ago
- › 12 year old boy is weepy. Causes? 1 minute ago
- › 1983 to Present Day Vaccine Schedule....um, why aren't we regularly... 2 minutes ago
- › mixed emotions... 2 minutes ago
- › Cramping 4 minutes ago
- › Pfizer Tracking Unvaccinated Children Through Health Insurance 4 minutes ago
- › ~* November 2014 Roll Call *~ 12 minutes ago
- › What healthy meals have you eaten today? 17 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild