Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Queer Conceptions September Last post on 9/30/13 at 3:19pm in Queer Parenting
- Queer Conceptions: August 2013 Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:12pm in Queer Parenting
- Queer conceptions: July 2013 Last post on 7/31/13 at 6:51pm in Queer Parenting
- Queer Conceptions: June 2013 Last post on 7/19/13 at 2:08pm in Queer Parenting
- Queer Conceptions July 2012 Last post on 7/25/12 at 11:17am in Queer Parenting
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Queer Conceptions: April 2013 - Page 8post #141 of 1704/25/13 at 7:00ampost #142 of 1704/25/13 at 11:45am
Fille Congrats on the insem. Best wishes in the TWW.
Friederike - YEAH !! YEAH YEAH YEAAAAAAAHHH!!!! Very happy news! Congrats!!
Darcy So sorry to hear of the impending AF. You all sure gave it a good shot! I can understand wanting to take a little hiatus. Enjoy the time off and start up again when you and DP (and your wallet) are refreshed.
AFM, No real news to report. I truly have no obvious pregnancy symptoms. My breasts were pretty sore the last 2 days but they feel quite fine now. I am attributing that to the trigger. Hopefully the trigger will be all gone this evening, 8 dpo. I ordered some cheap but sensitive sticks off the www. If they come today I may POAS just to see that the trigger is indeed gone. I got a text from a colleague Monday showing me the picture of her 13 week US....twins! I am very happy for her but of course being human I am a little jealous.post #143 of 1704/25/13 at 12:15pmThread Starter
Fille Congrats on the insem &b est wishes in the TWW! The link you posted is just to a thumbnail version of your chart linked at mothering -- if you want to post the whole link, I'll attach it to the chart icon that I added next to your name. It would be lovely if you'd like to thread keep this coming month. :-)
Friederike: Sounds like you guys had a stressful night last night -- babies don't really need that much stuff. With gifts, thrift stores and consignment, you can really get a bundle of stuff for very little money. I have nearly everything I will need and I think I've spent about 200.00. People also tend to loan out or give away lots of stuff for free -- just put the word out. Usually, once they are done having kids, they are more than eager to de-clutter.post #144 of 1704/25/13 at 12:40pmfille How was the rest of your birthday? Did you have a nice celebration?
KWPX just one week to go. Fingers crossed for good symptoms.
Jenny just 200? For real? I am impressed. We had almost ten times that sum and that is already buying loads of things used. The jogging stroller / bike trailer that we want (Chariot) alone goes for 400€ used. Add carseat (new), a diaper stash and carriers, plus adoption fees and it just adds up. I hope we get some free stuff. None of our friends have children though. Okay one does, but he lives in Finland. Two of my siblings have children, my sister is due with her third in June, so maybe they'll lent me some things like clothes. We'll see. It is too early anyway to go on a shopping spree. Right now I am still amazed that I am actually preggo.post #145 of 1704/25/13 at 12:47pm
fille good luck that the insem went well & good luck for the TWW LOL to the 'man of leather' celebration & quite a turbulent day
friederike yes!!!!! so happy for you and hoping that it's a sticky little bun in the oven xxxx
darcy sorry to hear that & I hope that you enjoy a couple of months off to re-group.
justanotherjenny I hear you! My temps have been up & down all month & haven't O'd so FX'd back on track soon.post #146 of 1704/25/13 at 12:51pmpost #147 of 1704/25/13 at 12:55pmpost #148 of 1704/26/13 at 8:17amFriederike, thanks for asking. I did have a great birthday beyond the try at babymaking. It was a beautiful day--one of the very first warm and sunny spring days here, and I took the afternoon off work. I did this mostly so I could insem as soon as my package arrived without having to rush back to work, but it meant I had a chill afternoon watching Netflix with my hips raised. First, I walked home from work through downtown in the sunshine, bought a book I've been wanting to read at one of our local bookstores, and immensely enjoyed feeling free and warm! Then in the evening, I went on a mini roadtrip with a couple of friends (just to Burlington, about 45 mins from us) to a Queer Trivia night and dinner out. It was really fun.
In other news, I'm very perplexed by my body. Even though I didn't get a positive OPK until Tuesday, my guess looking at my temps would be that I had O'd on Monday (which would mean a 26 day cycle-it's only been that short twice before in the 4 years I've been tracking)--or that I actually haven't O'd yet. So, yeah, that's fun (in the "not fun at all, what the hell" sense of the term).post #149 of 1704/26/13 at 11:43pmFille - your chart is confusing, but maybe the warmer weather threw things off? For me, when it got warmer this month, I got lower temps because I started sleeping without a blanket. I hope the next days clear it up for you.
Liz - wow thats a lot of dancing veggies. Thank you! How is that wacky cycle of yours going? Did you finally O?
I am still scared that our hopes will be crushed, because I have pretty constant pains and some brownish spotting since yesterday. But it isn't getting worse, not like really bleeding and the pains get less if I stay in bed. So I canceled work yesterday and won't attend a conference I had signed up today and stay on the couch until monday.
Edited by Friederike - 4/27/13 at 12:17pmpost #150 of 1704/27/13 at 7:25amI know there's been some chatter about how light the traffic is on this thread just wanted to say I'm lurking along! I had to upgrade my browser and can't update my sig for some reason - but we haven't started yet - having some great important conversations before we settle into quest for parenthood. Wishing everyone much luck with their conceiving adventures!post #151 of 1704/27/13 at 9:37am
Lizbian, I'm doing better now! Had sooo much going on! Things are settling down again now. Looking for another job and enjoying the little break and all the time I get to spend with DP. Sorry if this time is stressful for you with everything…it'll get better.
KWPX2, I've finally gotten over the worst part of mye cold/allergies. I have just the slightest cough, but compared to how I was feeling before its much better.
Friederike, I am so glad you got your BFP. Congrats!!!
Fille, glad that your back on and that your birthday was saved. I'll keep it all crossed for you!
AFM, well considering the sacking..i lost mye primary insurance coverage..but there's still silver lining as I'm still covered under Mums until 26…and 25 is less than 2 months away. We've got to get a move on. Also, with the lack of funding help on mye part I proposed the idea of the KDR to DP and she was pretty receptive. I'm more than confident we can do it on our own, and who know's..we may get lucky on the first try with fresh! I wish everyone the best of luck with everything and promise to stop being so distant. You would think with all this time on mye hands I'd be on here all day! I've actually done MAJOR spring cleaning and have just the gym and one closed to clean out now and I'll be done! Something accomplished lolpost #152 of 1704/27/13 at 12:19pmpost #153 of 1704/27/13 at 12:27pmpost #154 of 1704/27/13 at 12:37pmpost #155 of 1704/27/13 at 2:15pmpost #156 of 1704/27/13 at 3:36pm
fille yep it works I'm really glad you had a nice birthday & FX it turns into something better.
friederike Nooo I really hope it's not so.
chortles good that you're talking about things & hope you'll know the right time to try.e
fmorris glad you're enjoying the time off & spring cleaning is a very productive thing to be doing.post #157 of 1704/27/13 at 5:14pmFriederike, while I do not want to give you false hope, I am just dropping in to say that my wife had bleeding at 5-6 weeks that ended us in the ER, and we were sure the pregnancy was over. But they found a heartbeat, and everything turned out ok. I truly hope that is the direction you are headed in. No matter what happens, take care of yourself in this difficult time. Sending my best.post #158 of 1704/27/13 at 9:42pmpost #159 of 1704/28/13 at 3:51am
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 1 minute ago
- › No longer nursing to sleep but I'm having second thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › 2014 Low Income Support Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Surprise? 18 minutes ago
- › A litany of failed vaccines 26 minutes ago
- › lightweight baby carrier 26 minutes ago
- › The Real Reason Kids Aren't Getting Vaccines 27 minutes ago
- › Starting to feel better 29 minutes ago
- › Pool at MIL's house - wwyd? 31 minutes ago
- › the forum that will keep me on mdc 31 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness