Does anyone want an Ov Watch? Someone on the board handed it down to us. No sensors included. Message me if you are interested. I'd love to send it on to someone who would put it to use.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Queer Conceptions September Last post on 9/30/13 at 3:19pm in Queer Parenting
- Queer Conceptions: August 2013 Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:12pm in Queer Parenting
- Queer conceptions: July 2013 Last post on 7/31/13 at 6:51pm in Queer Parenting
- Queer Conceptions: June 2013 Last post on 7/19/13 at 2:08pm in Queer Parenting
- Queer Conceptions July 2012 Last post on 7/25/12 at 11:17am in Queer Parenting
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Queer Conceptions: April 2013 - Page 9post #161 of 1704/28/13 at 11:31pmpost #162 of 1704/29/13 at 12:06pmJust a quick check-in from 5DPO to say that, as of this morning's temp, FF gave me crosshairs on CD16, the day I insemmed. Because I’m officially neurotic and can’t accept things going well without thoroughly examining all the potential ways things could have gone wrong, I’ve discovered that if I take out the positive OPK on CD15 (leaving just the temp curve), FF moves the crosshairs to CD18. This is actually good news, as I was afraid I might have O’d 2 days before insem. If I didn’t O until 2 days after insem, there’s still a chance for long-lived swimmers to hang in there. So, fingers crossed, which is making it very hard to type....post #163 of 1704/29/13 at 11:39pmFille - since you're using fresh it seems like you have a good chance either way. Now just 9 more days to wait.
Afm - we had a blood test done yesterday and hcg was down to 4, so we're out. It was devastating on the days it happened and we cried a lot, but I am okay now. It was too early to have build a real connection to the embryo as a person. It is more that all the hopes and wishes connected with a baby and parenthood were swept away. I have an US appointment next monday (CD9) where we will decide if we'll try again right away (usually that would be next wednesday) or skip a cycle.
What are your thoughts? I read an early miscarriage/ chemical pregancy might increase the chances for the next month, but I also read that for some women it makes their cycles very whacky and to better wait until everything is normal again.
jenny, you can move me to waiting to O for now.
Edited by Friederike - 4/29/13 at 11:56pmpost #164 of 1704/30/13 at 1:51amFriederike I, too, have heard anecdotally about a more fertile response right after an early loss, but I have no data or personal experience to back that up. I think from the physical perspective, your u/s and discussion with your doc are a good idea. It may be very difficult to predict how your cycle is going to respond. How do you feel from an emotional perspective about trying again right away? You sound like you've got a good awareness of your feelings. Are you ready (or as ready as you can be) to get back on the roller coaster again? Do you have a sense as to whether taking a break for a cycle or two would be helpful, or would it maybe be more painful not to try? Take good care of yourself, I'm thinking of you.post #165 of 1704/30/13 at 6:59amQuote:
Threadcrashing. Yes, I've read that you are more fertile for a few cycles after a loss. As for a whacky cycle after a m/c...I think some of it depends on how far along you were. I had one m/c at 10 weeks and the cycle after that was a bit off. However, I've had a few losses around 5-6 weeks and my cycle was completely fine (and I got pregnant right away). I think someone else pointed out the real issue....are you emotionally ready...? It definitely can't hurt to wait an extra cycle just to make sure everything is ok physically and emotionally. I'm sorry for your loss...it's so very hardpost #166 of 1704/30/13 at 7:07amThread Starterpost #167 of 1704/30/13 at 12:00pmThanks, Jenny!
Friederike, I'm so bummed for you two! I was so hoping it would be one of those happy endings after a scare. I've also heard both that a chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage might increase fertility during the next cycle and that your cycles may be off after a M/C. I think I would want to try again immediately, in the hopes that something good might come from something so heartbreaking, but of course, it depends how you are feeling/how things go with cycles/etc. Will be thinking of you either way!post #168 of 1704/30/13 at 1:09pm
Friederike I'm really sorry to hear about the M/C but also happy that it shows you can get pregnant. I think that you'll know when you're ready to try again emotionally but good luck for whenever you & DP decide to, whether it's this month or next. .
AFM I O'd on day 28! After almost 6 months of regular cycles it seems my body is now deciding to play up which makes booking in for IVF very difficult as I have no idea when my next cycle is going to start. I've been pretty stressed & busy so hoping that now things are calming down a bit it sorts itself out. I found out I won 2nd place in a writing competition for short lesbian love stories and the anthology will be printed in a few months. Quite amusing & probably not going to tell the parents as I think it's more than my mum will be able to handlepost #169 of 1704/30/13 at 2:09pm
Friederike--I'm so sorry. I had a very early loss on my 6th cycle too. We did skip the next month, but that was more because I had taken Clomid. I think the extra month helped clear it out of my system. My next cycle was normal. I would say go for it if you feel up to it mentally and emotionally.
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 5 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 5 minutes ago
- › Spare change (or more) for Holiday Helper! 8 minutes ago
- › Stocking stuffers 9 minutes ago
- › Child exposed to porn at playdate 20 minutes ago
- › Katie Couric admits disproportionate reporting on HPV vaccine 21 minutes ago
- › What are you thoughts about Elf on the Shelf? 33 minutes ago
- › language immersion program? 34 minutes ago
- › So what if my child has ADHD? 36 minutes ago
- › Please explain to me why.. 37 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh