or Connect
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › April Chat Thread!

April Chat Thread! - Page 6

post #101 of 362
Thread Starter 

It seems a bit quiet here today. I hope that means people are having BABIES! joy.gif

post #102 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIFF4NY View Post

It seems a bit quiet here today. I hope that means people are having BABIES! joy.gif

I was thinking the same thing! wink1.gif
post #103 of 362
Came home about 12:30pm today. Feels good to be out of the hospital and in my own place. My boobs hurt like nothing else! They get relief when she nurses (I am having to do a combo of BF and bottle feeding.) I defntly don't like the feeling of my boobs being like this! I am loving having my daughter home with me and older DD. Oh, her name is Harlow MaKenzie Lane :-)
post #104 of 362
I'm currently trying to decide whether to call and go in or wait... CX have gone from abt 20minutes apart (around noon) to like 3-8minutes apart now. Feeling like super heavy period Ike cramping that spreads from my lower stomach around t I my back... Pain is the same in any position but more pressure when standing. I just don't wanna go to soon... I thought I would know for sure but this but now that it might be happening... I just don't know LOL

Think ill eat a little something and wait a little longer...
post #105 of 362
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanBean06 View Post

I'm currently trying to decide whether to call and go in or wait... CX have gone from abt 20minutes apart (around noon) to like 3-8minutes apart now. Feeling like super heavy period Ike cramping that spreads from my lower stomach around t I my back... Pain is the same in any position but more pressure when standing. I just don't wanna go to soon... I thought I would know for sure but this but now that it might be happening... I just don't know LOL

Think ill eat a little something and wait a little longer...

 

Give them a call and see what they suggest. You don't want to wait TOO long. ;)

post #106 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennJenn84 View Post

Came home about 12:30pm today. Feels good to be out of the hospital and in my own place. My boobs hurt like nothing else! They get relief when she nurses (I am having to do a combo of BF and bottle feeding.) I defntly don't like the feeling of my boobs being like this! I am loving having my daughter home with me and older DD. Oh, her name is Harlow MaKenzie Lane :-)

I love the name! I am not looking forward to the engorgement phase either, bleh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanBean06 View Post

I'm currently trying to decide whether to call and go in or wait... CX have gone from abt 20minutes apart (around noon) to like 3-8minutes apart now. Feeling like super heavy period Ike cramping that spreads from my lower stomach around t I my back... Pain is the same in any position but more pressure when standing. I just don't wanna go to soon... I thought I would know for sure but this but now that it might be happening... I just don't know LOL

Think ill eat a little something and wait a little longer...

So exciting! dust.gif

 

Found out at my appt today that baby is now breech and posterior. She was head down at 20 weeks up until sometime this last week! Booo! Doctor also says that I am 60% effaced! I had a lot of crampy feeling after my cervix was checked this morning but it has gone away now.

post #107 of 362

Had my first NST today--babe passed with flying colors. And they did a mini-ultrasound to confirm that she's head down, which she totally is, and LOT/LOA to boot. The NST also said that I was having contractions every 10 minutes! So now, of course, I'm wishing and hoping that they'll turn into "real" contractions and that I might actually get to have my baby on my due date (Monday)!

post #108 of 362

Oh my gosh! It looks like we might be having some more babies soon! Yay!

 

AFM, I had my 37 week appointment today, baby is LOA, and has it's head "way down there" according to doctor. Baby is about seven pounds. He said my uterus and cervix are too soft for me to be going into labor in the next couple of days, but his guess is "probably in the next week or two" so I guess barring something drastic, TBFKA won't be here for a bit. I'm mostly okay with that, because I really want to get the house perfect before then.

post #109 of 362
BeanBean - how long are your contractions lasting? That's what I would go by at this point. Although I am posting this 3 hrs after you so you may be at the hospital already.
post #110 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennJenn84 View Post

Came home about 12:30pm today. Feels good to be out of the hospital and in my own place. My boobs hurt like nothing else! They get relief when she nurses (I am having to do a combo of BF and bottle feeding.) I defntly don't like the feeling of my boobs being like this! I am loving having my daughter home with me and older DD. Oh, her name is Harlow MaKenzie Lane :-)
Love the name smile.gif
post #111 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanBean06 View Post

I'm currently trying to decide whether to call and go in or wait... CX have gone from abt 20minutes apart (around noon) to like 3-8minutes apart now. Feeling like super heavy period Ike cramping that spreads from my lower stomach around t I my back... Pain is the same in any position but more pressure when standing. I just don't wanna go to soon... I thought I would know for sure but this but now that it might be happening... I just don't know LOL

Think ill eat a little something and wait a little longer...
Go in, lady lol!
post #112 of 362
Calliope's been stopping giving my contractions, and with DS party tomorrow, and MILs bday on Sunday, lets keep it that way until Monday! After Monday, COME ON BABY! But with the contractions gone, she has been karate kicking my ribs all day today, ouch.

We are having DS birthday tomorrow(his actual bday is the 25) because we wanted the day to be about him, not baby. It's Avengers themed, and he's so excited smile.gif Making cupcakes tonight, and while prepping the batter I'm surprised I didn't eat it all, it smells and looks so delightful lol. I've always been a raw treat fan, but need to resist or there will be no cupcakes tomorrow. WAH greensad.gif
post #113 of 362

oooooo more babies! This is exciting!

 

I had a NST today and it seems perhaps babies are getting a little more squished in there because one baby had a funny heart rate blip during a contraction that could have been a cord pressing on something during the contraction. Fluid levels on Tuesday were fine and all other NSTs have been fine. But of course now I'm paranoid beyond belief and I keep waking them up when I haven't felt them in a while. I see my doc on Tuesday and also have another NST and fluid check. The nurses commented how my skin is sooooooo stretched and tight and shiny and dry, and it doesn't look like it has any more stretch left. We'll see...maybe babies will be coming sooner than later! But if they don't, I have a scheduled c section day of April 24 so I am excited that they could come anytime between now and then! I am also terrified because my work just announced a new position that I want to apply for, and I need to get my resume and documents together while I am somewhat clear headed :) Interviewing when I'm a wreck after having two newborn infants will be fun enough, I'm sure :)

 

Someone recommended to me that I should do a belly cast, and I've never really understood them. But then my brother said that I could make my husband wear it with a 50lb weight inside, and now that sounds like a really great idea! haha!
 

 

Oh yeah, I am so curious how my body will look after the babies get here. You all know how stretched out my belly is....and I just wonder what happens to all that skin? Will it look like I was overweight and quickly lost it all? Will it kind of shrink down? How long does it take to get "back to normal" or close to it? I wonder if I will always have saggy skin? So many questions about where this giant belly is going to go...

post #114 of 362
Jessmn...sorry to say it will probably never go back to pre-baby "normal" without surgery. I know that's not what anybody wants to hear. Some moms "snap back" depending on genetics and such...but I imagine evn with excellent skin care and good genes that with a twin pregnancy that's really rare.
post #115 of 362
Jessmn, even after I had DD and got BELOW my pre pregnancy weight, I had a pooch I didn't have before her. I never got it to go away greensad.gif probably not the thing someone wants to hear, but it's the truth. I know some women get that 6 pack Victoria Secret body after baby, but pretty sure it's the minority.
post #116 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMam View Post

Jessmn...sorry to say it will probably never go back to pre-baby "normal" without surgery. I know that's not what anybody wants to hear. Some moms "snap back" depending on genetics and such...but I imagine evn with excellent skin care and good genes that with a twin pregnancy that's really rare.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanmomma View Post

Jessmn, even after I had DD and got BELOW my pre pregnancy weight, I had a pooch I didn't have before her. I never got it to go away greensad.gif probably not the thing someone wants to hear, but it's the truth. I know some women get that 6 pack Victoria Secret body after baby, but pretty sure it's the minority.

I love you both for telling the truth! I've had the same experience. You know what I hate? All those pins on pinterest that advertise post partum "get your pre-baby body" work-out routines... and then show a picture of a woman who has almost certainly NOT had a baby. It's makes me angry for two reasons- #1, most young mothers do not realize that their bodies are most likely not going to look like that no matter what they do (there are exceptions, of course) and it makes them feel bad about themselves and #2. most of the advertised routines are actually very bad for moms to do.

 

It's hard to get used to what I call my "mom body", but I wouldn't trade it for the world. It comes with becoming a mother, and my children (and husband) are the best thing that has ever happened to me. So if I have to have some "ugly" skin, so be it :) 

 

Jess- I can't help with the skin, but if you have a major pooch after the babies are born, it could be something called a diastasis recti. It's when the ab muscles are split down the middle and don't hold your insides back as tightly as before. Most women experience this during pregnancy and heal in time on their own, but some do not. I highly recommend checking out Julie Tupler's book/dvd "Lose your mummy tummy". She explains the whole thing, tells you what to do to avoid making it worse (NO CRUNCHES or SIT-UPS!), and has simple transverse exercises you can do to bring the muscles back together. You can google her name and find her website. 

post #117 of 362
Jess I think you should definitely get a belly binder for after baby. They do help with saggy skin. You seem young though...not sure your age. It does seem younger moms bounce back better IMO.
post #118 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessmn View Post

oooooo more babies! This is exciting!

 

I had a NST today and it seems perhaps babies are getting a little more squished in there because one baby had a funny heart rate blip during a contraction that could have been a cord pressing on something during the contraction. Fluid levels on Tuesday were fine and all other NSTs have been fine. But of course now I'm paranoid beyond belief and I keep waking them up when I haven't felt them in a while. I see my doc on Tuesday and also have another NST and fluid check. The nurses commented how my skin is sooooooo stretched and tight and shiny and dry, and it doesn't look like it has any more stretch left. We'll see...maybe babies will be coming sooner than later! But if they don't, I have a scheduled c section day of April 24 so I am excited that they could come anytime between now and then! I am also terrified because my work just announced a new position that I want to apply for, and I need to get my resume and documents together while I am somewhat clear headed :) Interviewing when I'm a wreck after having two newborn infants will be fun enough, I'm sure :)

 

Someone recommended to me that I should do a belly cast, and I've never really understood them. But then my brother said that I could make my husband wear it with a 50lb weight inside, and now that sounds like a really great idea! haha!
 

 

Oh yeah, I am so curious how my body will look after the babies get here. You all know how stretched out my belly is....and I just wonder what happens to all that skin? Will it look like I was overweight and quickly lost it all? Will it kind of shrink down? How long does it take to get "back to normal" or close to it? I wonder if I will always have saggy skin? So many questions about where this giant belly is going to go...


My friend had twins and you would have never guessed she even had a baby. I didn't know her until about 2 years after she had them so I don't know how long it took for her to get that way.  would guess it mostly would have to do with genetics. Her sister is DH's cousin's wife and we saw them at Christmas 2 weeks after she had their daughter and she was back in her prepregnancy clothes so maybe it's just them. shrug.gif

post #119 of 362
I got my letters from the family doc requesting massage therapy and a breast pump! Yay! Now I need to find out what procedure the insurance requires (do I have to buy the pump from a specific place? Get pre authorized then buy, or buy and then submit claim? Etc.).
post #120 of 362
My cousin didn't even get a single stretchmark on her belly with her twin boys...she did get them on her thighs though (only the tiny white ones). She bounced back pretty fast, although I have never seen her bare belly...but she looks great clothes. wink1.gif. She has always been tiny though. My other cousin who had twins about 2 years ago has more of a pooch but started out more "average" sized. She still looks AWESOME though.

However, it definitely seems more dfficult to deal with the skin aspect rather than the muscle/fat pooch. That has been my experience as well. I completely agree with the belly binder rec...wonderful tool for helping your body return to a comfortable state and helps with diastasis too. There is only so much you can do about the skin (I describe mine as a ground beef belly when I squish it) but you can certainly impact the muscles and even the fat layer!

Buuuuuut, don't be discouraged if it doesn't go back quickly, or at all, or the way you imagined. IMO my mummy tummy helped mature me...I know that sounds weird but it did. (Among other things....I got married at 18, had my first living baby at 20...but obviously few of my peers were in the same place in life as I was). It is so worth every change you go through. Our bodies were designed to do this, and while society makes it more difficult to accept the changes as beautiful (meaning it takes all that much more effort on our part to change our mindset), it helps me to remember that society also doesn't place much value on the family, but for me that is a priority....so it becomes easier to see it all as part of a gorgoeus big picture. smile.gif
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › April Chat Thread!