I haven't knit any of DD3's birthday gifts OR sewed DS1's gift I need to get started and finished on them all. We had some major spending over the weekend, leaving DH and I completely discouraged. We seem to continually take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Neither of us feel we're making any headway *sigh*
No Spend/ Budgeted Spending
Unplanned/ Un-budgeted Spending
Did something frugal
Worked on knitting
Gardening work done
1. Planted spinach and spring lettuce seeds. Started more tomato seeds. Hung 1 load of laundry. Opened the windows and aired out the house.
2. Hung 1 load of laundry. Folded more newspaper seed starting pots.
3. Hung 1 load laundry. Transplanted broccoli to garden beds, reconstructed pea trellis. Put eggplant and peppers under lights.
4. Ordered bulk almond flour. Hung 1 load laundry.
5. Ordered kids' sandals, homeschool curriculum, and we got McDonalds for dinner, all within budget. Hung 1 load of laundry. The strawberry plants came yesterday so we're building the bed this weekend. Hoping to start knitting DD3's gifts tonight and get some more seeds under the lights tomorrow.
6. Costco shopping, picked up some odds and ends for camping and a bulk pack of gardening gloves. Hung 2 loads of laundry to dry. Also spent $35 at Lowes on the wood for the strawberry bed and a lavender plant.
7. Picked up bread and cold cuts for lunch, went out for ice cream- not planned or budgeted. Built and filled the strawberry bed, all the kids helped, so they earned the ice cream
8. Hung 1 load of laundry
9. Ordered a new grill from Home Depot (our old one is small and starting to fall apart, HD was having a sale and we got free shipping. DH and I will put it together). Hung 1 load of laundry, didn't turn on the A/C even though it's pretty hot, using the old grill for dinner. Planted 16 strawberry plants in the new bed and the lavender plant. Have pepper seeds, tromboncino seeds, and ghourd seeds germinating in the front window in coffee filters.
10. Hung 1 load of laundry. Had to turn on the A/C The baby didn't handle the heat well on Tuesday and it was going to be in the 90s.
11. Hung 1 load of laundry.
12. Hung 1 load of laundry.
13. Ugh, major unbudgeted spending today. Bought 3 new ceiling fans (all 3 bedrooms, 2 don't have fans currently) and wall remotes for them. Also bought cereal (also unbudgeted).
14. went for ice cream
15. Had to have a plumber out for a leak under the kitchen sink.
16. Ordered Sluggo for the garden. Hung 1 load of laundry
Frugal Goals for April:
10/20 No Spend Days
3 knitting projects completed (DD3's birthday gifts)
Build a new garden bed for the strawberry plants due to be delivered
Plants greens/ lettuces in the garden
Start seeds under the grow lights