In the last year when I eat walnuts I have found that they make my mouth feel fuzzy (almost like I have hair or cotton in it) and my tongue tingles. I didn't think much of it, and just avoided eating walnuts when they were obvious. This past weekend I was at a get together and had a piece of brie that had brown sugar and Pecans on it. Within 5 minutes my lips felt huge, but they really weren't, it was just the sensation. My tongue also tingled and my lips felt like they were kind of asleep, like after you have Novicaine and they are starting to wake up.
Does this sound like a true allergy from anyone else's experience? Am I over reacting? A few family members do not believe that these are signs of an allergy (ugh). I have never had trouble with nuts before now.
I have made myself an appointment with an allergist but they can't get me in for more than a month. I am now staying away from tree nuts and PB until I get the testing done.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!