I just can't live like this much longer. I have to get real with my pdoc. I sleep, on average, fifteen hours a day. No joke. Obviously, it is affecting my life. I have zero energy. It must be my meds. My diet is super clean and I abstain from meat, eggs and dairy. I drink lots of water. I get the morning sunshine. I take a multi-vitamin and a large dose of Vitamin D and B12. It has to be my meds, right? I am on quite the heavy cocktail of an antipsychotic and a mood stabilizer. I have lived, more or less, like this for years. My diet used to be pretty terrible (albeit delicious) so I used to blame my tiredness on that. When I have talked to my pdoc about my energy she prescribes antidepressants, but I'm not depressed. I am just so tired. The AD make it worse. I am saving up to see a ND. I want off these meds, but in the mean time I am going to have to continue to see my pdoc drug dealer because she's covered under my insurance. OY! I don't know how to deal with this; if given my druthers I would sleep all day and night. Sometimes I have bouts of energy and I get my bread baking done in one go and in the freezer. Anyone else ever been in a similar situation?
- topicMental Healthtagged by abbylotus, 4/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- High Needs Toddler, Moderate Depression, Family Size Last post on Yesterday at 8:10 pm in Mental Health
- How do you treat your ADHD/ADD? Last post on 4/7/14 at 10:11am in Mental Health
- ?s about st. johns wort Last post on 4/4/14 at 9:07pm in Mental Health
- pregnancy and anti-depressants Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:03am in Mental Health
- Navigating the early days of childhood anxiety/ depression Last post on 4/9/14 at 7:38pm in Mental Health
The Anxiety of Loving
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 5 Steps for Managing Stress and AnxietyLast edited: 6/17/13
- Mental Health Forum ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
I am so bloody exhausted all the time!post #1 of 104/2/13 at 5:44pmThread Starterpost #2 of 104/2/13 at 6:16pm
It might be your diet. B12 is notoriously poorly absorbed as a supplement. Also, if you're taking a vegan Vitamin D2 that's poorly absorbed as well.
If I were you I would try adding a bit of high quality animal foods back into your diet, like free-range local eggs, raw milk, or select organ meats from pastured animals. I know that adding those things to my diet did a world of good when I was a vegan and feeling very run down.post #3 of 104/3/13 at 1:01pmThread Starterpost #4 of 104/3/13 at 6:22pmpost #5 of 106/14/13 at 8:01am
I'm going through the same thing. I know it's the meds and it's really hard. Mid-day I get soooo tired that if I don't make myself take a rest, I feel sick to my stomach. I went to the dr to get blood work done to see if it could be anything else, but it isn't. I guess it's a sacrifice I have to make because these meds are working so well otherwise.post #6 of 106/19/13 at 2:13pm
Totally the meds. It's rough.
I went through 8 different kinds of meds (for anxiety, depression) before I finally found one that allowed me to function and not feel like sleeping all the time. SSRI's were the worst! I am best with Cymbalta, which is an SNRI but then I noticed that even that was making it really hard for me to wake up in the mornings. So a year ago I added wellbutrin and I feel normal and human. Ask about wellbutrin. It gave me a good boost and really countered the sleepiness.
I know meds seem so unnatural, but there was no way I could have gotten myself out of that hole without the meds. I am so grateful that we live in a place and age in which these are available.
Good luck!post #7 of 107/13/13 at 10:42ampost #8 of 107/13/13 at 1:30pmpost #9 of 109/22/13 at 8:59am
I'm in the same boat - v. low on energy. I have been trying to exercise to get some energy but it's really negligible amts. I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead earlier this year and since have been wanting to go on a planned juice fast but haven't got a chance. I recommend the movie if you haven't seen it.post #10 of 1010/24/13 at 10:46am
How are you doing? Any improvement? As a few others have suggested, a thyroid check would be something to consider.
I also used to be fatigued. Turned out I had anemia from not being able to properly absorb nutrients....and gluten was the culprit. As soon as I removed gluten from my diet (and dairy and eggs), things improved dramatically. I do have to supplement with iron...and I know you won't like this but I take heme iron. Since you are vegan and if you are anemic, you would need to really increase your non-heme iron intake.
- 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 1 minute ago
- › Pregnancy After Loss Mamas' Chat 1 minute ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Worm Moon 3 minutes ago
- › Can't stand that all the neighborhood kids want to play at my house! 6 minutes ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 7 minutes ago
- › Anyone else currently nursing? 9 minutes ago
- › *~*~*~*~* December 2014 DDC Roll Call Thread! *~*~*~*~* 12 minutes ago
- › Why Is Jenny McCarthy Dangerous? 13 minutes ago
- › weight gain and weeks pregnant 17 minutes ago
- › Best rear facing car seat for toddler? 18 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Finding my Tribe After the Death of my Daughter by momofnatasha
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo
- › Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out... by Melanie Mayo
- › Magic Under the Table by BrainChild
- › So Precious It Hurts by Sheryl Paul