Wow. Thank you everyone. MeepyCat you seemed to be aware of everything that was happening 36 hours after I posted this. They are pressuring again to give her formula as she is progressing on her feedings and I have been unable to pump enough milk for her and just can't be there for every feeding, not that she is breastfeeding yet. I have been struggling with that the past two days, and after being pressured one day to say yes go ahead with 4 nurses and a Dr, they said they would wait to the next day after I talked to my husband, they ordered the formula bottle as soon as I left and she had been given 2 bottles before I could return the next day....
so... here is the story in a nutshell.
I gave birth in this hospital twice before (even though I wanted home births) due to other circumstances, but they were borth term and healthy and my milk came in fine. They did not give anything we asked them not to, no circ, no eye goop and no k or hepb... etc.. .
This time I decided since my labors go so quick, to just do it at home with a midwife. As I entered the 3rd tri, I felt like I should at least have an appointment or two just in case with the midwives at this hopsital again, and the day after I made the appt, I went into labor. I didn't know it was labor as I was so early and I just didn't labor like that previously. When the mucus plug came out I knew we needed to go to the hospital. Since my last birth, a new location of this hospital opened up which is closer, so I was asked to go there to get checked out since the weather was really bad - sleet and ice. When I got there I was complete with bulging bag and she was a footling breech. They got everything ready quick, put me under and got her out. I asked to just push but they said it could be too much stress for her and at that point, I just wanted her to be safe, as I was also bleeding and so stressed she was in danger (the blood wasn't an issue come to find out).
They took her to the hospital with the nicu where I had given birth previously that evening after I got to see her for a few minutes and they asked our consent on the hepb and we said no.
I didn't have time to have the midwife send any prenatal documents or blood tests and then wasn't asked to after the c-section.
I didn't think about it, because to be honest, I was in shock for a few weeks.
I had been nursing my other two at night and my now middle child during the day a few times through this pregnancy. Actually I was nursing them both when labor started. It was non existent when I was in the hospital. Once I saw her, I got some collostrum and then she contracted mrsa and it dried up basically. I won't bother you wiht all I have done to get my supply ujp, but basically I am pumping enough for one 52cc feeding for her. I know I have milk left once it stops pumping. I am not able to pump 8 times a day yet, but I am still nursing my other two to sleep at night as they have helped me get my supply up to where it is and well, I think they need it.
About the detox. I didn't explain well as I was typing on the new touch screen phone and it just takes me so long to type anything on that.
I would not give fermented food until she is ready to eat - 6 or 8 months adjusted.
Coconut Water Kefir in small doses like less than teaspoon can be beneficial to infants, and children I am not sure if I will go that route, but will if I see signs of really bad digestion. It is basically probiotics but better because its so fresh.
Probiotics - I will be giving her small amounts of this as she was given a round of antibioitcs because my gbs status wasn't tested, (before any breastmilk or any food), she was a c-section so she didn't go through the birth canal and because she was also given the strongest form of antibiotics just in case the mrsa was in her blood (it wasn't). She also wasn't eating at this time because she was on a medication to close the pda on her heart.
I just found out about the hep-b as she was starting to get 2 bottle feedings a day. Now she is up to 4 and once she takes them all and can eat all with the bottle and not the tube, she can come home. I am almost sure I will be able to breast feed her and pump enough once she is home.
I just feel like I have failed her so much already, before her due date has been reached. I just want to be prepared to give her the best health possible because it has been so very important to me with all my babes. The gmo's and soy and corn syrup and contantimants and flouride in the formula, and all the various toxins in the vaccination and then the antibiotics, all the medications and being in the hospital 6+ weeks is just so overwhelming to me.
I was yelled at by the Dr. today when I talked to her about not waiting to give the formula when she said she would. I don't really want to cause a stink while she is still in the nicu. I will let them know we are upset about various things once she is gone. I am not sure to what extent. I feel the hospital is a good one as far as hospitals go. I have never wanted to give birth there however and for these reasons plus the lack of privacy while birthing etc...
Thank you all for your encouragement and advice and input and outrage, It really has helped so much!