But I am into my 30's now and I'm addicted to anti-wrinkle creams and eye cream! I also have slight rosacea so I try to combat that. What are your favorite natural products and routines? I need to move away from Lancome.... such terrible stuff in there :-(
- categoryNatural Body Caretagged by highlandmum, 4/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question about periods and insulin Last post on 3/14/14 at 7:37pm in Natural Body Care
- At what point do you decide natural remedies aren't working? Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:07am in Natural Body Care
- Natural Deodorant - Aluminum free - No Hydrogenated Oils - No Parabens Last post on 3/4/14 at 3:22pm in Natural Body Care
- Supplements for osteoarthritis? Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:26am in Natural Body Care
- Do you wash your face daily? Last post on 3/15/14 at 7:35pm in Natural Body Care
Wanting a more natural facial care routine....
Try washing your face with raw honey. You can add sugar for a facial scrub, or just use it smooth as a mask/wash. If you need more help with roseacea, you might try adding a drop or two of tea tree oil. Then use virgin coconut oil or argan oil for a moisturizer
My skin took a little while to adjust, but I don't get breakouts or any roseacea at all anymore. Also, up your water intake WAY up -- that's been the best thing for me.
For eye cream and wrinkly spots, I use lanolin at night. The coconut oil is also good for removing makeup, if you wear it. You might also look into the oil cleansing method -- it was too hard on my skin, but lots of people here swear by it.
I started getting insane acne when I hit 30. I found Dr Bronner's castill soap and a acv/witch hazel toner to be perfect for getting me skin back together. I also love a moisturizer called skin science that is primarily made of almond oil and jojobo oil ( about $7/bottle but it has some preservatives I'm not happy with). This is the only thing I have found that doesn't break me out, cause my face to get oily, etc.
About once per week I also do a mask of rhassoul clay which exfoliates the skin while adding minerals to it. It has a great tightening effect. You can add some anti-aging items like rose water or frankinsense as well.
That's my recommendation is to just get back to basics and figure out what works well for you. The fewer ingredients usually the more natural it is. It's also much cheaper and natural to buy the individual compounds used in many of those lotions (i.e., emu oil) than to buy the hyped up commercial products.
- › Has anyone had revision surgery on a perineal tear? 31 minutes ago
- › DH makes weird statements about food when I try to discuss our food... 33 minutes ago
- › Midwives in CT (again...) 42 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › What healthy meals have you eaten today? 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Third Trimester! 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › organizing before baby comes... 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › I want to rebuild my cloth diaper stash from the ground up with... 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › 16 weeks pregnant and thinking of getting a young dog. Am I crazy? 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Who is saying vaccines don't make money?? 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild