But I am into my 30's now and I'm addicted to anti-wrinkle creams and eye cream! I also have slight rosacea so I try to combat that. What are your favorite natural products and routines? I need to move away from Lancome.... such terrible stuff in there :-(
- categoryNatural Body Caretagged by highlandmum, 4/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone else use a sea sponge during menstruation? Last post on Yesterday at 8:50 pm in Natural Body Care
- EASY homemade mama cloth Last post on 4/14/14 at 7:51am in Natural Body Care
- Vinegar in laundry Last post on 4/14/14 at 8:29am in Natural Body Care
- Dready Mamas 2014 Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:10pm in Natural Body Care
- Question about periods and insulin Last post on 3/14/14 at 7:37pm in Natural Body Care
Wanting a more natural facial care routine....
Try washing your face with raw honey. You can add sugar for a facial scrub, or just use it smooth as a mask/wash. If you need more help with roseacea, you might try adding a drop or two of tea tree oil. Then use virgin coconut oil or argan oil for a moisturizer
My skin took a little while to adjust, but I don't get breakouts or any roseacea at all anymore. Also, up your water intake WAY up -- that's been the best thing for me.
For eye cream and wrinkly spots, I use lanolin at night. The coconut oil is also good for removing makeup, if you wear it. You might also look into the oil cleansing method -- it was too hard on my skin, but lots of people here swear by it.
I started getting insane acne when I hit 30. I found Dr Bronner's castill soap and a acv/witch hazel toner to be perfect for getting me skin back together. I also love a moisturizer called skin science that is primarily made of almond oil and jojobo oil ( about $7/bottle but it has some preservatives I'm not happy with). This is the only thing I have found that doesn't break me out, cause my face to get oily, etc.
About once per week I also do a mask of rhassoul clay which exfoliates the skin while adding minerals to it. It has a great tightening effect. You can add some anti-aging items like rose water or frankinsense as well.
That's my recommendation is to just get back to basics and figure out what works well for you. The fewer ingredients usually the more natural it is. It's also much cheaper and natural to buy the individual compounds used in many of those lotions (i.e., emu oil) than to buy the hyped up commercial products.
- › Recomendations on a Midwife for Homebirth in Towson/Baltimore? 1 minute ago
- › Former Merck doctor - Gardasil will be the biggest scandal in... 2 minutes ago
- › The April TTC Healthy Parents Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Diaper Stash Giveaway 4 minutes ago
- › Just what a new baby needs! 5 minutes ago
- › Win big! A diaper stash from Happy Heinys! 5 minutes ago
- › Need cloth diapers? 5 minutes ago
- › This great stash can be yours! 6 minutes ago
- › Get a free stash! 6 minutes ago
- › Happy Heinys giveaway! 6 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo
- › Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out... by Melanie Mayo
- › Magic Under the Table by BrainChild
- › So Precious It Hurts by Sheryl Paul
- › Is Your Child Ready to Read? A Checklist by Melanie Mayo