She is so sweet!!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on 3/8/14 at 1:54pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 2/3/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
Spring/Summer 2013 Pregnant Bajingos - Having #1 in our 30s - Page 19post #361 of 3761/12/14 at 3:19pmpost #362 of 3761/13/14 at 3:30am
OK Ladies, I think this is it!!! Had some bloody show yesterday, woke up tonight at 3am and had a little gush that soaked my panties. The midwife told me to go back to sleep but contractions started pretty much right away and have been 45 seconds long every 4 minutes for about half an hour. Obviously I'm not sleeping. I'll call her back pretty soon. Send good, easy birthing vibes my way!post #363 of 3761/13/14 at 5:59amThread Starterpost #364 of 3761/13/14 at 7:57ampost #365 of 3761/13/14 at 8:56ampost #366 of 3761/15/14 at 12:28pmFaith. Your story is eerily like mine, I am hoping that you are snuggling your little one too! I woke at 2am mon w crampy contractions, then leaking fluid around 3-4am, went to hospital at 7:15, checked at 7:45 and was 5 cm and thin/stretchy?
Labored until maybe 1pm then begged for an iv and epi but they checked first and I was 10cm. A couple of contractions later I felt pushy so I did. That was the hard part. So grateful to my doula and her rebozo which got me through
Lillian Kathleen was born at 1:53, 7lb 12 oz 10" long. We are still working on nursing but she's still eating and pooping and peeing. I finally slept last night, it was amazing, my husband is so great with her.
I tore and my stitches hurt a lot, so frustrated by that.post #367 of 3761/15/14 at 3:14pm
Congrats again poly! Mercy came out the same way- hand to face. I have a lovely second degree tear as well. Hoping recovery will be speedy for you.
We are doin' good. Breastfeeding would be super if my nipples weren't on fire. My left one is badly cracked and bleeding and I've gotten some help from a lactation consultant. Hopefully I can get it healed so I can enjoy the process. Otherwise we are happy and sleep deprived right there with the rest of you
Faith???post #368 of 3761/15/14 at 6:00pmHow are you handling the soreness/pain? I didn't ask for details on my tear as I was pretty out of it but I have so much discomfort sitting. I've been advised to bathe but the thought of sitting in a hard tub... Ugh.
I think my milk may be coming in too. So sorry to hear about your nipples, hope they heal soon.post #369 of 3761/16/14 at 6:42amThread Starterpost #370 of 3761/16/14 at 10:37am
poly- did they give you a peri bottle to rinse with? I use that everytime after I go to the bathroom. I would highly recommend getting a product from Earth Mama Angel Baby. Its called New Mama Bottom Spray. OMG I don't know what I would have done without it! Extremely soothing and I have been almost pain free. Stitches are starting to pull a bit as they heal but it has been kept in check with the spray.
Lilac- I just started the breast milk trick and it really works! I've also started a saline rinse, ice packs and lots more air time. I was super sensitive before this anyhow and I'm very fair skinned. So I think it may take me longer to heal than most.
Do you guys want to continue this thread in "life with babe"? I think it would be cool to keep in touch as our babies grow. They are all so close in age I would love the continued supportpost #371 of 3761/16/14 at 10:43ampost #372 of 3761/16/14 at 1:32pmHi Everyone,
Finally rested enough for an update! We welcomed Sophia Brandywyne into our family at 4:55pm on January 13th, weighing 7lbs 7oz.
My birth was fast and intense. Here's what happened after I wrote last time: I called the midwife back and she told me to get some more rest. So I "rested" as best I could and then called my doula, and she told me I was too chatty to be really in labor, and I should get some more rest. So I "rested" for awhile and called the birth center back, a new midwife was on duty, and she told me to get some more rest. Finally I was like, "I can't rest any more! These contractions really hurt!" I was really worried that if this was early labor, how would I be able to stand active labor? I had my doula come over and I told her I wanted to go to the birth center. I overheard the midwife telling her to try and draw it out. Well, we got there and they did an exam, and guess what? I was fully dilated! I can't tell you how relieved I was. That whole time people had been telling me I couldn't really be in labor, and I was doing the whole thing!
Anyhow, I got in the birthing tub and my body gave me a nice long break. I still had some contraction, but we all had a little picnic, and I told stories to the midwife and nurse; it was really great. Then I had to start pushing. Youch! I did not like that part at ALL. I started in the tub but switched to the bed. I pushed hard for about an hour, and pushed her out. Woohoo!
When I'm on my computer I'll post some pics.
Ladies, I had a 2nd degree tear as well. The stitching process wasn't so bad, but they feel very hot and swollen now. I was told to take 4 ibuprofin every 8 hours as an anti-inflamatory, to take sitz baths, and to put iice compresses on it. I thought I woudln't like the ice at all, but it's awesome. The postpartum care lady who came over today showed me a good way to make ice packs: pour water into a newborn disposable diaper, freeze it, and then when you get it out, lay a layer of Tucks pads along the top like pepperoni. Put it in your underwear and lie down. It feels great, you can bleed on it, and it doesn't leak.post #373 of 3761/16/14 at 2:27pmI would love to stay in tougpch with you guys! Link me to a thread? I will look for that spray it sounds perfect. My milk came in last night and I will try that on my nipples too!
Heading to our postpartum appt now!
...oops this didn't send. So here's my update, I have a 2nd deg perineum tear and an internal tear, plus a bruised and possibly broken tailbone. No wonder I can't sit!! They helped me with side lying nursing so I don't have to sit so much.
Lillian looks great, she's a touch yellow but below the threshold for jaundice. She has some significant bruising on her poor head so they expected higher bili levels. Even with the bad latch she only lost 7% of her weight and my milk came in last night. Yay!! If I have to be in pain at least she is perfect !
Faith, the only reason they had me come in was that I thought I was leaking fluid (I was). They were more surprised than me when I was 5cm! Then again when I was 10cm.post #374 of 3761/16/14 at 3:05pmThread Starter
So here is a thread for those of us in our 30s who have our babies. All of us ladies in this thread have had our babies now, haven't we? I think the TTC thread has died out some time ago but I would like to keep in contact with you ladies who have been part of my TTC and pregnancy journey.post #375 of 3761/16/14 at 6:50pm
Faith- OMG - I'm glad you made it there in time. My midwives couldn't believe me either. So much for slow first timers!
poly they make a nipple cream too. I'm seriously considering getting it if things don't start to heal. I think the lansinoh has made thing worse for me and only use it when nips look a little dry.
Lilac- thank you for starting the new thread! Meet you all over therepost #376 of 3761/16/14 at 8:33pm
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Any other Barefooters out there? 42 seconds ago
- › Wanting But Waiting 2014 56 seconds ago
- › JK Rowling, keep your regrets to yourself! 1 minute ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 6 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 8 minutes ago
- › Who has an awesome hummus recipe? 9 minutes ago
- › Are you exercising? 13 minutes ago
- › Vivobarefoot shoes? 15 minutes ago
- › I'm thinking I'm on my way out 15 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea