The dandy walker has 2 forms. The 'malformation' which is the genetic one and the 'isolated variant' which is just the cyst at the back of the inside of the skull which may still effect how fast she develops her motor and speech skills. I guess something like 84% of dandy walker is genetic so we get the lucky other 16% which they have no idea what causes it. One doctor told me the only thing they know of for sure that can cause this is if you are taking Warfarin when pregnant, but I wasn't taking it so they don't know what caused it for her. I was telling DH, that according to Google dandy walker happens 1 in every 30,000 babies (either form) but 51% of people abort when it shows up on their u/s. And then on top of that 84% of the babies have other major genetic problems that go along with it but our baby is in the other lucky 16%. That's crazy!!! I know when we had our stillborn they couldn't find a definite cause but figured it was some sort of cord compression and the statistic for that happening was some crazy low number like 0.25% or something. Now I want to know what the statistic is for having both happen to the same woman in separate pregnancies!
I will just copy and paste this from the other DDC I posted in:
I spent 7+ hours in labor lastnite and still going today. My contractions are still 5 minutes apart and registering strong on the monitor at the hospital but were taking too long to dilate me any further so they discharged me and I am laboring (if you can call it that) at home. I was half woken up by 3 separate contractions sometime between 10:30 and 12:30 and with the third one I heard my bowels gurgling. Went to the bathroom and had a bout of diarrhea and ended up staying on the toilet for maybe a half hour having contractions and being afraid to get off the toilet. Contractions were every 2.5 minutes! Once I could leave the toilet I walked around the kitchen doing some stretches and lunges and squats and timing contractions until my legs were tired. Still 2-3 minutes apart. After a few hours of that I started getting sleepy, being that it was like 3 am at this point. I went and laid in bed thinking, well now they will stop again. I laid in bed timing them and then only slowed to every 5 minutes. I got up and DH woke up and I informed him I was in labor but had to pee. Then I went and walked on the treadmill for almost a half an hour. Contractions went to 1.5 minutes apart while walking at a medium pace! I just kept thinking that it has been 5 hours and my contractions are close together and decently strong but I feel like theses should hurt more. DH dropped me off at the hospital and then drove home since DD was still at home sleeping and I wasn't sure if they would keep me after being monitored. I started feeling really stupid and couldn't feel the contractions very well while walking into the hospital and up the stairs, etc. I started having major doubts if I should even bothered getting monitored. I texted DH I was going to go up and down the stairs before going into L&D. I walked the stairs a few times, then was about to go into L&D when I chickened out again and decided to pee and try to check myself. Everything felt like jello in there! I couldn't tell what was what and I am an avid cervix checker! BUT I looked at my finger and saw mucus and old blood, WHAT!! Tried to check again and reach in further while bearing down, and a huge nasty globe of bloody mucus plus comes out, and then more bloody mucus on the TP!! I was super excited then. Anyway, I was monitored for an hour and contractions were coming 3-5 minutes apart but the nurse said my cervix hadn't changed enough to justify keeping me in a hospital bed for who knows how long waiting for my cervix to change but to come back tonight if I still am having contractions every 5 minutes or closer or water breaks etc.
So that was my night from 12:30 to about 7:00 when we got home. I took a nap and just woke up and have that burning-menstrual type feeling in my pelvis and weak contractions still every 5 minutes or closer. Just trying to think of what to do to get this party started! I think I might have a date with the birthing ball and some RRLT after I eat some lunch.
Also, I was informed of yet another due date I guess I have while at L&D, May 2nd. How can someone have so many "due dates"? I guess May 2nd is my original due date that they gave me based on my LMP, May 4th is based on when I ovulated, May 6th is based on my first u/s, and April 26th is based on an u/s I think a month ago. haha. SO when I was getting hooked up to the monitor and she asked my due date I told her May 4th but that I think they had May 6th written down, then she told me I was 37 weeks 1 day. Then when discharging me she informed me my 'official' due date is May 2nd according to my records or something and that I was 37 weeks 3 days. I gestated a whole 2 days in a hour at the hospital!